Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

That still didn’t answer the question. The question should be “can I post thousands of items, one of each item in the game for 1s bid and astronomical buyout and every time someone bids I can cancel and repost?”

I’m sure they don’t get into moral issues etc but it doesn’t take a blind person to see what’s going on.

Anyways, if anyone can find anywhere I said GM will get involved with AH post sale I’ll give you 100g in game.

1 Like

Initial paragraph of the blue post.

3 Likes

You have your answer: be careful and make use of the checks in place before you finalize a sale. Stop being mad that Blizzard disagrees with you.

2 Likes

Ask if it’s considered a scam to post one of every item, material and consumable in the game for 1s bid 811g buyout and cancel any time someone bids then repost for the same amount.

Blizzard says it isn’t.

3 Likes

“it is not considered a scam where we would get involved” just means they won’t get involved, not that it isn’t a scam. I swear you people need to take some reading lessons.

1 Like

Blizzard disagrees with you. Still want to see your blue text saying I’m wrong. No transaction other than refunds took place in my support ticket, it wasnt about buying or selling, it’s about spamming auctions in hopes of people making mistakes.

1 Like

That’s not the issue of the OP. I don’t know why you are unable to understand that.

While it’s not the issue it is the solution I don’t know why you don’t understand that.

only scam I see here is Atlas guild

If Customer Service can’t get involved it is because nothing has been done in game to verify or support a claim of scam. You might as well demand a GM ban someone on your server because they got really huffy with you on Discord one night.

However, unlike the hypothetical rude conversation over Discord, you don’t have ANY EVIDENCE OTHER THAN THE AH ITSELF so there is no scam, there is no moral failing, and you’re just mad.

Prove it.

You’ve been lying this whole time, no one cares about your made-up stories.

1 Like

This is a huge oversimplification and not the correct question to ask if you want a real answer.

You should have just said, "is it against the rules to post extremely overvalued items with a low starting bid in order to fish for people to make mistakes and buy it? Does
it make a difference in this situation if the seller constantly goes to cancel the auction any time a bid is placed? "

Your question is too broad and will get a generic copypastsa answer.

1 Like

Except that isn’t what happened.

And taking auctions down when just because someone bids is I believe against the TOS etc…. But I could be wrong on that too.

The solution to the OP is to stop purchasing items while not paying attention.

You think a stack of potions posted for 2500g wasn’t a fishing attempt? Lol k.

Yet, read the CS thread further, you will see that a GM was actually following this very thread and provided more clarification. And also confirmed my summarization of events held all the pertinent information needed.

2 Likes

Bad analogy. The AH is similar but isnt exactly a store theres no set price when it comes to items. So this apple on the AH might generally be 1g but sometime you will see offers for 90s or 1.12g, or 5g, or even 700g. Now before you buy this apple theres a tag that shows “Hey I cost 700g” and when you go to checkout it once again says “do you want to buy apple for 700g?”

AH has nothing similar to a barrel since theres not exactly a set price one day apples are worth 50s the next they could be 5g.

3 Likes

This isn’t even the proper question since it implies intent.

“Is it against the rules to post extremely overvalued items with a low starting bid?”
No.
“Can you infer intent based on AH postings?”
No.

So, as the Blizzard post explicitly shows, use of the AH as a free market is flatly acceptable behavior and since you cannot find or detect “intent” be it good or bad from AH postings, there is no moral failure anyone can point to either. No scam, no problem, double check your auctions.

This is an easy one: no

Auctions are intended to have low bids and high buyouts. If we weren’t intended to be able to cancel auctions, we wouldn’t be able to do so. Some folks legitimately want to see if they can average a bit higher on the overall market by setting bids that might encourage people to fish for a deal, notably for big ticket items. However, that desire would be horrendously stifled if you couldn’t cancel the auction (for a penalty of course) if you happened to have the bad luck of posting on a Sunday when no one is buying much on the AH and got very few bids.

Blizzard explicitly said it isn’t, else they’d be able to snipe those things as scams they can get involved with.

It does though. When you search apple in the search bar, it shows you all the apples in the barrel. With the idea being the similarly priced ones are toegther. Of course people will make mistakes. But pricing an item specifically to fish human error… Call it what you want I call it a scam.

Here’s the definition of scam for those wondering - “a dishonest scheme”

Seems to fit.

1 Like

That is not a topic in discussion here and is not part of the OPs situation, is it? My post covered only the specifics of this situation. If want to get clarification about that specific issue, I suggest you make a new thread.

You are now moving the goal post in order to try and find flaw in the answers.