Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

The scam is that people can very specifically make it so their improperly priced items always appear at the top of any search.

Nigerians princes wish google search was that easy to manipulate.

…I mean dumb ads literally appear at the top of any search on Google that could relate to the search you type in.

You give me bank account number now I give you money later appears when you google search?

No, but anyone just clicking the first link they see under a Google search is likely to click an ad rather than a website they want to visit… and is just as culpable for being hasty and not reading.

I ask myself that same question after seeing the same bot I’ve reported week after week.

Google actively tries ensure you aren’t robbed by links, something blizzard could easily do by simply allowing sorting my buyout amount

1 Like

No one is getting robbed…

Except the person buying said auction.

1 Like

They clicked it once, then clicked it again, giving them two opportunities to read a number. That’s not robbery.

No it’s not, but it is a dbag exploiting the system.

1 Like

It isn’t exploiting either LOL

The sort is for one number, the buyout is separate, and they have zero bearing on each other.

Probably horde, enough said…

Eh… that is exactly what an exploit is. The system works in a specific way so people can exploit that so their scams are on the top of a sort.

2 Likes

That’s not an exploit.

“I sorted by bid and then bought the first thing listed based on buyout… why was it so expensive?”

The person posting their item with a low bid and stupid high buyout is very much exploiting the system.

2 Likes

It isn’t an exploit when someone sorts by X, looks to buy using Y, doesn’t actually LOOK at Y, clicks an item to buy for Y, clicks AGAIN to buy for Y, and then has the audacity to feel “scammed”?

It is very much an exploit when someone can post an auction that at first glance appears to be for far less than it actually is.

You or I might not fall for that but it is an abuse. And are you really happy with having to worry about some scammer trying to bend you over everytime you bid on something?

His gold now :slight_smile:

Yes, I see your point: words don’t mean anything. You’re correct. No idea what I was thinking.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, forgot to add an emoji. Here it is: :rofl:

Anyone that stead fast in defense of people participating in this type of behavior must surely be a co-participant in said behavior.

I don’t know if you know this but IF PEOPLE START REPORTING THESE PEOPLE POSTING THESE AUCTIONS BLIZZARD WILL TAKE ACTION.
It’s that simple. No need for any argument to be had. It’s an exploit and it’s disruptive. Pretty sure “disruptive behavior will not be tolerated”

2 Likes