Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

Everyone says this until someone smarter than you takes advantage of you.

There’s always a bigger fish.

5 Likes

Lol how is this a scam? You agreed to pay 2.5k for the item by hitting buyout. An expensive mistake consider it a lesson instead of off putting the blame on the other person

7 Likes

You all understand that semantics are semantics.

Does it matter if you call it a scam or scummy or a toblerone?

2 Likes

I really wish Blizzard would do something about AH scammers. We have like 5 guys that post stuff for 800g to 2500g hoping to catch someone constantly.

1 Like

I mean from a legal standpoint there is a massive difference between something being scummy, and a scam.

Since this thread is about if Blizzard should stop this from happening, it’s pretty relevant.

5 Likes

imagine not using an AH addon to make certain you don’t get hit by this common trick

1 Like

So if you walked into Wal-Mart and tomatoes were $129.00 / lb, you grabbed a basket and filled it with said tomatoes, went to the register a/nd they rang you up and said, “Your total is $734.92.” THEN PAID THE CASHIER, that is a scam?

12 Likes

You think it’s ok for Wal’mart to set a price that high for something that is typically marginally lower? That’s called price gouging. Good thing you’re not in charge of economic decisions.

1 Like

Wonka technically was right… Even though he set up the participants to fail.

1 Like

Every single situation you just mentioned is not comparable. Noone can lie about their intentions or the product on the auction house.

The item was posted at face value and the buyer agreed to buy it through multiple confirmations.

13 Likes

If a credit card company or Ebay was doing something this blatant it would be considered consumer fraud lol

And sure, you could say that someone is stupid for falling for this scam. However, once again, in real life guess what? You don’t get a free pass to defraud someone if they’re stupid. I’m sorry to tell you guys but victim stupidity is not a legal defense.

6 Likes

I mean weather it’s right or not doesn’t matter. It’s a free market, and a seller is allowed to try and sell a product for whatever price they want.

It’s up to the consumer to not buy it, if they don’t think it’s worth that price.

8 Likes

I think this thread is full of people who like to pat themselves for being so “smart” about not being fooled by this.

…even though they’re probably up to their necks in credit card debt.

2 Likes

I think it is fine for Wal-Mart to do whatever within the law. As long as they aren’t taking advantage of an economic disaster and gauging on gas or creating tomato monopolies, then companies can do whatever they want.

Who is the idiot if they make a profit in that fashion?

2 Likes

WoW.

I winced a little.

Sorry subby’s friend.

1 Like

Walmart gives refunds if you’re dissatisfied.

2 Likes

Yes if a major corp tried this it would be handled legally.

But if you go on craigslist and buy a 2000 honda civic for 200k dollars from your local crack head, then the cops wont do anything unless you were mentally deficient and taken advantage of. In every other circumstance they would say “Tough luck, dont’ fall for it next time.”

5 Likes

That’s not within law, again, it’s called price gouging. You think everyone knows what products go for? Why wouldn’t someone expect to be treated fairly purchasing normal groceries. I hope you don’t own a consumer business somewhere, my lord!

Technically not a scam, but it really does suck that your friend lost all their gold.

Either way, there have been tons of complaints about this on the forums. If only we could get horde to crusade for blizzard to fix it we could get it changed. :grin:

1 Like

If you’re unsure what prices products are going, do you guys not have phones?

2 Likes