Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

…how is it shady when an added clause requires a new offer/acceptance/consideration? You don’t get to slip in changes without starting the whole process over, and adding in clauses that benefit one party over another is literally the entire process of contract negotiation.

So a couple of things:

• You still have to check-out, confirm your order, confirm your price, etc. Given the number of checks you’d receive, you’d have an opportunity to confirm and alter your order at any time, not to mention your cart would suddenly go from 0 to 99.
  • Additionally, you’re making a selection for one thing, and getting preliminary set for many many more. This becomes border-line fraud depending on how this actually plays out because you’re supposed to get what you see, not multiple copies of what you see.

So Amazon would be in potential hot water with this alone.

If Amazon went on record to say this, they’d be in worse than they were initially. What they’d be admitting to is randomly ignoring what the customer asks and altering the order, which seems to serve no real purpose other than to annoy and possibly compel a massive order. Thing is on the other side there are a lot of solutions to suddenly getting 99 speakers delivered to your door, but Amazon would be in a bad spot manipulating your purchases in a deceptive manner.

Here’s the deal, the AH isn’t Amazon, but rather random sellers on Amazon. And like Amazon, people will list mundane items and other various articles for rather marked up totals. However, unlike the AH, Amazon has more controls and checks against some of the more ridiculous purchases but even then, it isn’t cracking down on everything.

The AH is highly highly unregulated. That’s why you can get things for “steals” and snatch up a stack of Flasks of Fortification for less than the price of the next guy selling a SINGLE Flask. That’s also why you can get nailed for “scams” for the opposite reason, people selling things freakishly overpriced.

I agree, which is why the fact someone is drunk by some definition or another is insufficient and you need the other factors you list to see what, if anything, is present to maintain the enforceability of the contract or not.

Did he delete his account yet or was this just a cry for attention?

scammers are always bad, even if it’s just video game money

Yeah, scammers are bad even in a video game. You know who else makes games difficult to play, morons.

Okay,

I’m not arguing the legality or if they are breaking rules.

I said a player is shady for trying to sell things on the AH for a much higher price value than what it’s worth, only doing this in hopes someone will accidentally make the mistake of purchasing it.

Unless you have something to provide why this person is not shady, you have no argument. Everything I said was just to back this one thing up. I don’t care about amazon and their legality situation of my scenario. All I care, is it a crap thing to do, and the answer is yes. I haven’t heard anything that says it’s not.

1 Like

I have read all of this and just don’t see a scam. Is it kind of dickish? Sure. However you have to click multiple times to confirm you want something. You have to tell the game multiple times, just take my money. The price was listed, conferimed by the user multiple times. They were not in any way scammed. Does this person blindly just sign contracts for say a car or a house then whine they got scammed because they did not read or pay attention?

1 Like

your story has nothing to do with the scam described in the OP, other than both involving the AH

well, keep looking :roll_eyes:

You sound like Adam S during the impeachment trials.

Adman S “did you see any evidence of abuse of power?”

Whiteness “I saw no evidence of abuse of power”

Adman S “hrm, you didn’t see any evidence of abuse of power? Ok did you see Trump abuse his power?”

Whiteness “no”

Adman S “ I’m gonna keep asking the same testimonies until you say yea, will you under oath say yes?”

Whiteness “no”

Adman………

google the definition of scam. first thing that comes up: a dishonest scheme. sounds like it applies to this guy perfectly:

A scam is defined by the intent of the person perpetrating it, not how easy it may or may not be to identify.

2 Likes

That’s defamation of character. I believe you will be asked to delete this post or face a temporary forum suspension.

it ain’t defamation of character to call a spade a spade.

Doubling down? Ok I’ll play. Your guild mate did not get scammed, you are attacking someone personally because your guild members don’t know how to use a feature of the game.

it’s adorable that you’re playing victim now :rofl:

1 Like

I try to scam people, people try to call me out on it. Those people are jerks.

Well no one attacked you. You just made this personal. Ethernet you and me. You are now attempting to insult, flame, and attack me because you don’t like how I play the game. So far, you are the only one who has violated TOS.

I don’t try to scam people. Now you want to call me a scammer without any proof?

I said I’m a scammer, just quoted your topic. It might be misleading, but I didn’t say you are scammer.

Sound familiar?

I didn’t scam you mister, I just put an item on the AH hoping you made a mistake purchase it for way more than its worth.

You know why people say you have to watch out and look before you make a purchase on the AH, its because there are people who can’t be trusted and will take advantage of you. Sounds like a scammer or a bad person would do this.

Edit: I never have to watch out from good and honest people, never.

Mistake vs scam… taking advantage of spam click purchasers who refuse to get add insult or pay attention to what they do?

Not a scam, not unethical, and only being done because it’s profitable.

Stop buying carelessly and the odd auction posts stop.