Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

No, the buyer confirmed the buyout price.

the seller did nothing wrong.

The seller seems to disagree with you:

Just because the buyer has buyers remorse is not justification for the seller to refund any money…

Would it be an awesome thing for the seller to do… Yea! Totally.

But why should they? Other than to be a nice guy?

Also, You basically just admitted its not a scam.

2 Likes

I would also if someone was that stupid a bought something for 2500g

well, it’s pretty clear you’re being disingenuous. I trust the readers to see who is in the right here. have a good day

How? I am definitely not…

If your friend was spam buying things and clicking the second verification without looking at prices, they clearly don’t care about how much their paying.

Based on everything you’ve said here I don’t for a second believe you’re actually a lawyer. At best I think you may be friends with a lawyer, maybe you’re married to a paralegal or know a legal secretary. Or more likely you’re just quick with the google and you watch a lot of youtube

Aww baby dont be like that. I’m sorry I embarassed you but that’s no reason to resort to name-calling

you called it “buyer’s remorse”, implying that at one point the person really wanted to buy 1 runecloth for 999g. this is clearly disingenuous, and all I wanted to do was expose you as such. so thanks.

1 Like

A feeling of regret experienced after making a purchase.

I called a spade a spade.

They purchased something and then felt bad about their purchase.

You can personally attack me all you want. I am being 100% genuine!

I don’t think anyone has said that. Telemarketers who say: “If you don’t give us your info or pay us, we’ll have you arrested” or “trick” them into believing they have a virus that only they can fix… that’s scamming.

Selling something at a yard sale or a shop in a row of shops for a price, putting the price up there for everyone to see, and then confirming they are SURE they want to pay that price? That’s not a scam. The person got what they paid for. The people who seem insistent on comparing this to actual scams speaks volumes about people’s lack of understanding when confronted with basic economics.

If you clicked “buyout” and then clicked to confirm the buyout, then yes. You must have really wanted that runecloth.

1 Like

That’s nice, but you’d still be wrong. You’re trying to argue facets of the law from a theoretical place, unmoored from actual experience, and confusing the whole lot. You dug your heels in for trying to argue valid defenses and equitable remedies for DUI/DWI based on a one-off comparison between alcohol/drunkenness thresholds for DUI vs sexual assault vs contract formation.

As someone that has no idea about the law and isn’t a lawyer, I’m not sure why you wanted to pick a fight over it, but you did for some inane reason, then continued to thwart yourself by latching onto vanishingly ephemeral “but for” rebuttals.

I mean for crying out loud you tried quibbling over the holding of a case you got entirely wrong because you can’t divorce “drunk” in a common language use from what a Court actually cares about regarding drunkenness.

You literally responded to your own quote saying “what is that?”

/headdesk

3 Likes

So every grocery store on the planet is littered with scams? As are all bulk sale stores? You can’t say it’s a scam just because you feel that you can’t be inconvenienced to due multiple actions vs just one.

You’re losing the plot. I definitely never brought up sexual assault and I deliberately steered clear whenever YOU tried to bring it up because it’s not only irrelevant, its also a pretty inappropriate thing to bring into the conversation.

All of that happened just as much as me bringing up assault. You’re getting confused little buddy

I’m sorry you’re upset

…holy crap, don’t lie.

I said this in response to Bodicca who said this:

They linked a PDF about sexual assault, and I immediately advised against comparing the two because they aren’t related, they constitute different bodies of laws, and the capacity standard is entirely different anyway.

Bodicca then tried to double down and say the comparison between contract law and sexual assault laws is appropriate because:

Bodicca posts a law review article that is arguing in favor of it and I responded:

So no.

This is entirely fabricated and you’re actually pretty damn low for trying to lie like this.

1 Like

I just want to understand. Is your position that she knowingly wanted to pay 2500 gold for some healing pots, and that this is a case of simple buyer’s remorse?

As opposed to making a mistake and feeling that she was taken advantage of by an unscrupulous player.

1 Like

Hard to treat it any other way when you have a chance to select an option, hit Buyout, then confirm that Buyout with a new popup.

I’d call it a horribly lapse in judgment for sure, but I wouldn’t argue away from “knowing” in the slightest.

Your inability to tell the difference between predators lying and manipulating someone, and a shop with a high priced item among shops full of low priced items is nothing short of astounding.

It’s like not being able to tell the difference between a mugging and buying something on Amazon late at night that’s a bit outside your budget this month.

1 Like

Hence the weird prices. I make more off of spam clickers than anyone else. If I didn’t I would put the energy into it.