Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

Just like in crypto. You are in charge of your money. Got to be more cautious

Its not a scam. Your dislike of the truth does not make any difference.

It is not a scam.

1 Like

I watch the first amendment auditors and sovereign citizens on the YouSTubes, I’m not only a legal expert, I’m a legal scholar! Now put that in your pipe and toke it. Lol

1 Like

Holy crap you’re being dense.

You made this claim:

This statement claims that:

• A reasonable person could conclude that
  • A vendor didn’t expect

You are not the reasonable person deciding a matter, the “reasonable person” is a legal fiction that we conjure up in tort and similarly situated law problems when deciding how some theoretical average person would act, think, behave, etc. So when you claim “a reasonable person would…” you are making the kind of legal argument that attempts to argue that a hypothetical person would surely do (or not do) whatever it is you want them to do (or not do). This is LARPing level 1, because you’re stepping into a new roleplay position to make a new claim.

But you don’t stop at that point, you then have your constructed reasonable person themselves imagine what a vendor on the AH would or wouldn’t do. This is LARPing level 2. You’ve constructed an argument that hinges on a theoretical person imagining what a second theoretical person would or wouldn’t expect.

To call this specious would be a dramatic understatement.

Secondly, you’re presuming a cause of action that isn’t present. Why is the seller having to justify anything at all? What rule is broken? What law is violated? ((AND TO BE SURE I’M TALKING ABOUT RULES AND LAWS WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE WOW AUCTION HOUSE SO DON’T BE DUMB.))

What duty is violated with this supposed scam? Who owns this duty? To whom is the duty owed? What supports the existence of this duty?

Before you get to jump the gun and start demanding justification for behavior you have pre-judged as wrong, you have to have a wrong.

Actual malice:
https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/889/actual-malice

There is no legal term of art for “presumptive malice” as it isn’t a legal term of art, it is just the word “malice” with the modifier “presumptive” to denote in a mere two words what can be said in three: presumption of malice.

If you’re thinking about “malice aforethought” that is just the special case naming for the intent element of what most people know as 1st degree murder.

When I said you were relying on presumptive malice, I meant it literally, you are presuming malice based upon a judgment of actions that have no reason to be explained or justified. As I already said, you need a wrong before you go hunting for intent, and you need standards of intent before you can parse between good and malign.

When laypersons think they know the law better than actual lawyers, it is always amusing, especially when you’ve resorted to “lol semantics” as a rebuttal more than once.

I mean, my bank alt has no relationship to my name and is unguilded because he’s literally just a mule that only moves between the AH, Bank, and Mailbox. Literally everyone can list pseudo-anonymously so…

3 Likes

still waiting for that legitimate, totally not scammy reason why a person would list 1 runecloth for 999g.

Except you can’t really prove that it’s a scam- not when the AH is involved anyways.

If I list an item with a ridiculous overpriced amount in the hopes some buy richer than creesus wouldn’t care about the price buys it, is that a scam? Does it become a scam when someone ‘buys’ it who isn’t rich?

Even if I posted it with the mindset of ‘haha I’m gonna get some poor dummy’ the likelihood of that happening is really, really, small and all I’d be doing is wasting deposit money. Otherwise you’d be hearing this sort of thing happening constantly.

As it is, your friend just made a mistake and made some guys day. It’s not a scam. It sucks for your friend though.

The only time I heard of Blizzard intervening in something like this was in MoP, where someone plunked down 90k for an Bloodsoaked Invitation on the Black Market AH instead of a mount because the item of the day was so borked.

2 Likes

Where is the deception though? The price is very clearly listed… If there’s a single Runecloth on sale for 999 gold and someone buys it… How in what universe is that deceptive? It’s just a price on an item… and it was purchased for that price

3 Likes

Because it will sell… To someone who wants it and does not care about the price. and then clicked the second verification to accept that they want to buy it.

If they cared they would look at the price before they bought it

3 Likes

So report me for being an admitted scam artists.

Please show me in the TOS that what I am doing is wrong?

Morals and morality is subjective.

you think someone deliberately purchased 1 runecloth for 999g?
just wanting to get you on the record being so ridiculous.

Who are you to dictate what people do with their gold?

I mean there is a two step verification… So I mean yea…

They either ment to do it, knowing the price. or gold means nothing to them and spam click buying stuff without looking at the price is something they are ok with…

Either way it is the purchasers fault 100% if they are upset by the outcome

3 Likes

If they hit the “Buyout” and then confirm that “Buyout” then yes… they deliberately did so.

5 Likes

Literally neither of those are claims? Theyre not even complete sentences…

They aren’t intended to be sentences… don’t be deliberately obtuse now.

Absolutely true. I just would have thought that I’d see at least one of these sellers do it on their main or by a traceable alt (e.g. enignmuhbank) by pure dumb chance. They also seem to have an unusually high number of names with special characters. It means nothing, just makes me have a little ponder.

So what are they intended to be?

This statement claims that:
* Cold is blue ribbon
* The man was going

That’s literally all you and your ilk have been for 600+ posts

I’m just glad to see that we’re not being disingenuous with one another

oh ok. so in the case of the OP, where it’s clear his friend made a mistake, then the seller should refund the gold, right? I mean clearly that’s the right thing to do.

Literal copy-pastes of your quote.

You said you didn’t understand what I was talking about, I literally broke down your quote into the two claims. Holy crap you get really stupid when cornered.

1 Like