Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

LOL that’s actually kind of funny

I fell victim to that in classic once, albeit not 2500g but it was 500g for a stack of dreamfoil.

Hopefully your guild mate learns from this, like i did, to thoroughly check the buyout price before confirming the auction.

1 Like

Now on AH 2500g

Chunk of Boar Meat
Item Level 3
Crafting Reagent
Max Stack: 200
Sell Price: 3

It’s all for attention, these types of people never grew out of that childlike give me attention phase.

That is not a “scam”. That is a “trick”.

The auction house is a player-vs-player game. Tricks are allowed, just like tricks are allowed in BGs, arenas and other PvP minigames.

Why would Blizzard do anything about a successful player-vs-player trick?

The problem is this: what is the “fair price”, for each of ten thousand things that players buy and sell on the AH? And of course each item must have a DIFFERENT “fair price” on every server, since economies are different.

Blizzard stays out of that, and does NOT establish a fair price. It lets every buyer and seller make their own decisions…and their own “mistakes”. Who am I to decide that someone else paid “too much” or “too little”?

1 Like

I am both but I can read. :nerd_face: :smoking:

I think both are equally at fault. Seller for being scummy, buyer for not using the 2 eyes you have. Never said it shouldnt be removed from the game either so not sure why your trying to say that I did.

I’d rather teach a man to fish than just throw fish at him.

2 Likes

With your student aid I’m sure you can …

1 copper min-bid to 2,500g buy out is not a realistic spread on any item in the game.

Bearhands is a dink, but he’s an honest dink.

Pratchett’s Discworld has a variation on the old adage:

Build a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for his lifetime.

2 Likes

Setting people on fire, now we are getting somewhere!

the fact that this isn’t an isolated incident, means it’s a seller/scammer problem. Over the past 2 years of playing I know dozens who have been hit for 500g here, 1,000g there…scammers have siphoned a metric f-ton of gold and resold it to players. but, ya know, it’s our fault for just not reading the listings.

No excuse for you being so weak in morals man. If you’re like this in a game, what are you like IRL?

1 Like

looking to buy stack of healing potion what is a fair price? asking for a friend

You mean like your threads that you posted on your alts today?

Handy yet happened to me but these people are scummy indeed.

Can limits be set on but out price so that one cannot set it more or less than the last buy out price of the item by 30% or something?

Sounds like enough leeway to allow for mis pricing while preventing people from hiding a 2,500g buyout among a bunch of 5g buy outs.

Thats the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

yeah that is sad and sorry this happened to her.
:disappointed:

been bad since day 1 really. that’s what happens when blizzard allowed all that cheated bought gold over to bcc. so people scam it. most likely it was a bot getting there gold back they sold

Still not a scam.

They put the bid price low so it show up as a great deal, if you ignore the astronomical buyout price right underneath it. There’s no way for them to hide the selling price.

When you click ‘buyout’ a window with the amount of gold you are going to be spending. You have to hit ‘accept’ in the box with the gold you’ll be spending in it.

So, if you miss the price on the AH interface itself and then the price in the pop up you must agree to in order to complete the purchase; that’s your fault. Period.

It would only be a scam if they were somehow hiding the buyout. But they aren’t. They can’t. It’s right there for you to see before you purchase. If you can’t tell the difference between 2 g 99 silver and 2900g that’s your problem.

6 Likes