Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

If your enemy broadcasts their location, why wouldn’t you take advantage of it

And the correct response to this (as aggravating as it is) is to say “Mea Culpa lesson learned”.

Your Wrong DEAD!! WRONG!!

This is a Scam, as they camouflage their auctions to mirror the same auctions with the rest in the AH. Yes you should be aware and be mindful but this has happened to too many players and should be a violation and treated as one and not as a you clicked even though we warned you with a tiny box that’s is basically worthless.

To the op friend , I am very sorry you were taken advantage of , but don’t let these morons ruin your game and I know you will get your gold back. Hugs

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter if it’s easy or not to fall for it. It’s still unethical to even attempt to scam another person.

I don’t know why people make excuses for bad actors.

2 Likes

Amen Oliviazug !!

Nah I never tried really. Also think its scummy dont think its a scam though.

The price was listed, someone not reading that is not a scam. Its poor reading comprehension. Also blizzard will NOT refund the gold for your mistakes

4 Likes

The default setup even in classic isnt bad I hover over an auction and it lets me know buyout price per unit which I can then manually compare to other sales.

1 Like

They’ll frequently post things with almost no listing fee. Listing fee is based on an items vendor value. Things like enchanting mats can’t be vendored so cost nothing to list. The only way to get them to lose money is from people bidding and them cancelling those auctions. I’ve gotten angry whispers from scammers by constantly costing them gold by bidding on stuff.

3 Likes

It’s scummy because you know it’s dishonest, and are beating around the bush that it is indeed a scam simply because your mommy blizzard didn’t say no.

Correct. This happened to my friend, he chalked it up and just accepted it as his mistake… did he try and get his gold back? Sure, but it was never gonna happen. I feel for the girl, but it’s on her, she messed up.

AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG!

They try to meld the prices together that look similar , are you freaking stupid ?
No one is saying she did not make a mistake , it’s unfortunate clearly on her part but dont come in here saying it’s not a problem or it’s not a dishonest way to take advantage of others.

No one here says that she was randomly pushing buttons and allowing her cat to play Wow!! Stop defending dishonest players that truely ruin the game and take advantage of others . Your next mistake I hope you really get it. Karma is a !@#@#$

Buying the lowest has nothing at all to do with this scam 40 auctions 2.99g better than average price 'Buyer gets excited and buys a lot " in-between all the 2.99g auctions 2.99 / 2900.00 g" that’s the scam moron… you don’t have to be rocket scientist to see why and how they do this. Stop trying to act as if your above this!!!

4 Likes

While technically it’s on your guildy to pay attention to the price on the AH, douchebags that do this deserve a ban imo because it’s blatantly deceptive/shady/preying on innocent people. I’ve never fallen for it but there are a ton of items on my servers AH that have low bids and outrageous buyout prices. Those items are not being put up on the AH in good faith, it’s purely to screw people over. Nothing will be done for your guildy but I feel bad for her. Maybe the guild could come together and donate like 50g each to make up for some of it?

3 Likes

how can it be a scam if both prices were visible?
the buyer knew the price before she confirmed the transaction.

3 Likes

Normal human nature, she made a mistake. So its everyone elses fault.

9 Likes

I do suppose if anyone on these forums knew anything about intellectual dishonesty, it’d be the Level 16 Night Elf Druid named Bearhands.

1 Like

maybe read the auctions before buying. maybe you eyes have wax on them instead of your ears. :rofl:

1 Like

Something is wrong with you if you think it’s scummy, but shouldn’t be removed from the game, AND it’s the buyers fault but not the seller/scammer’s fault.

It truly is a simple easy fix, too.

2 Likes

reap what you sow, it’s inescapable. We might not get to hear about it but you’ll be scammed one day in game or IRL, and you’ll know it’s your own fault for tolerating evil.

1 Like

So many white knights in here, why don’t you guys just give her gold?

1 Like