Guildie got AH scammed, threatening to unsub and delete her account

Any kind of trade scam. Promising an enchant/craft and not making it. Changing the amount in trade a second before they accept. There’s plenty of precedent of Blizzard removing the fraudulently obtained gold/items from the scammer.

Why should they do anything to help someone who can’t read?

2 Likes

Because they requested it?

1 Like

You keep calling it a scam like that’s what this is.

It’s not.

It’s an obnoxiously high price that your friend was dumb enough to pay either through not reading the prompts that are part of every buyout transaction or not understanding that this item wasn’t worth that much.

The seller took a risk posting it for a low bid price and put a buyout price he was willing to accept for a quick sale.

Get over it.

5 Likes

So they should do anything requested of them?

How does this thread have 203 responses?

1 Like

Well, if the OP literally saying that Blizzard didn’t step wasn’t enough, here it is straight from customer support:

Not much more to say then that.

Best of luck to you Bearhands and to the OP’s friend.

3 Likes

And if someone changes the price in trade at the last second that’s not a scam either. That’s just me deciding I wanted to pay a different amount a half second before they pushed the accept button.

Making up ridiculously disingenuous arguments is so easy anyone can do it!!!

The Randites showed up.

1 Like

Caveat Emptor …

1 Like

What if there wasn’t a low bid and OP still bought what ever she bought for 2kg over market value at the time?

Is it still a “scam” then?

1 Like

I agree, using the AH listing design to trick players is bad form. Makes the person who does it a particularly mean and greedy sod. But it’s not a breach of ts and cs.

Being a nasty person is not in itself against the games terms of service.

I’m a firm believer in players sorting out player problems. Black ban the dude. Out him on trade chat. Exact player justice.

It never hurts to ask.

They really don’t like it when I’m nice.

“No, your honor, I didn’t kill him. Gravity killed him after I pushed him out the window.”

1 Like

The buyout price is listed, its not some other number than shown. You make yourself the victim by not reading.

3 Likes

i was realy a scam doe ? I dont think so

1 Like

I mean… it was her fault, that’s not scamming… it sucks and i’d be livid, but she messed up.

1 Like

I was just reading about FFXIV banning stream snipers. And it’s the same kind of intellectually dishonest nonsense. “I’m not stream sniping, I just happened to be riding my largest mount right by him for 6 hours.” Yea, “riding your mount” may not be against the rules, but anyone with half a brain can see that what they’re actually trying to do is deliberately make someone else’s gameplay experience worse. And unlike Blizz, SE saw through it their very thin veil of garbage and banned them.

Same applies here. Yea you can argue that it isn’t blatantly against the TOS, but the intent is pretty clear. And if you hit a couple people with a ban for deliberately making someone elses gameplay experience worse, I bet they’d stop… (but they’d still play) And ultimately you’d end up with a better game for it

1 Like

Except it’s not a scam.

Is it a shady AH practice? Sure. But it’s not a scam.

You get an extra window that pops up confirming the gold amount you’ll be spending after you hit buyout on the AH window.

Anyone who gets caught by this needs to slow down and pay attention to what they are doing. All the info they needed to not do this was right on the screen and Blizz even put an extra stop in the process, reminding you how much you are paying before it goes through.

This is no one’s fault but the person buying the auction.

But I bet they’ll pay attention the next time.

3 Likes