Guild tabard Referencing Hate Group

There will always be a way for any type of segregationist groups to manifest in any type of social environment. I disagree that we should create anything with every possible variant of hatred in mind, speaking from an artist’s point of view.
It does however indicate a certain gap in moderation that should be adressed promptly.

1 Like

You can’t have a more simplified symbol that means reality bring further a manifestation then the one you just posted ,it alone has to no meaning except for the one using it’s power,just like a gun does. It is a choice.

1 Like

The two images are nothing alike, to be fair. The one you linked in game is a typical cross (but not a crucifix) with bars on the end, which indicates it isn’t really a Christian symbol. The Klan image you linked is of an Iron Cross, with a circle and flame.

Again, you’re reaching for a conclusion that doesn’t exist.

Also,

That’s true, and this is a fair point… but, it might still be bad for the forums, especially when this is obviously a bad take.

11 Likes

This right here makes your thread pointless. We are playing a game where we use medieval armor and weapons. Not a surprise to see guild’s play off that, nor does that make them hatful to do so. If they are guilty then so is Blizzard.

10 Likes

/next

You’re absolutely correct about this statement! I’m saying it’s bait because I cannot possibly fathom that someone could be so small minded as to equate a simple red cross to a hate group, without it being bait for forum banter. You’re either choosing ignorance, or trolling. Neither shade seems to be a fitting color.

16 Likes

Then why are the highest percentages broken down by race Christians? African Americans, and Latinos have the highest percentages when broken down by race!!

Now what?

3 Likes

Colonialism ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

1 Like

Obviously, I’m going to disagree with that, but it’s fine if people want to report the post if they think that’s the right thing to do. That’s what the reporting feature is for, after all: to report posts that they think are against the rules.

It’s cool if you think that, I don’t mind at all. I wasn’t even intending to start a thing about this; I just wanted to post about it on here because that’s what I read we should do regarding suggestions for the game. People don’t normally respond to my posts anyway, so I didn’t really expect this.

Everyone has different opinions about this, and it’s fine if yours is different than mine. It appears many people’s opinions differ from mine. That’s fine. I’m just trying to state my suggestion for the game and have that be that. Not looking to change minds here or upset anyone.

2 Likes

But proceeds to post a wall about it lmao. The backpedaling.

Opinions are often accompanied by words and phrases such as, but not limited to:
I believe, I think, I feel.

Oof.

7 Likes

Attacking Christianity - particularly the Catholic Church - as an institution is not the same as “berating people based on their beliefs”. The Church has a frequently villainous place in history that can and should be freely examined without their modern believers feeling attacked by it.

4 Likes

Then Op, what would you suggest it being replaced with?

It is not a christian symbol it’s a mystic symbol if it were so it would be represented as a crucifix .

2 Likes

Poor paladins, can’t even crusade anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah, things change. Also, I didn’t mean to make that reply so long; I wanted the quote function to only quote the highlighted phrase. One day I’ll be good at forumsing, I swear.

Beats me! I’m not a graphic artist, and I get the whole thing about over-censorship. It’s definitely not something that I’d feel comfortable dealing with on a whim. But maybe adjust it a little bit so it’s not quite so shaped like a square? Maybe that would be enough to differentiate it from the hate group’s symbol. Who knows!

Hope you warmed up before you made that stretch

6 Likes

From my take of the photos you gave they are two different ,the guy has the down end shorter than the rest,just a observation but like me see that tabard in game.

1 Like

That’s almost as bad as that time they ran out of pumpkin spice @ starbucks.

Honestly tho OP, you’re kinda on a crusade yourself, awkward AF if you ever get it.

5 Likes

So according to the OP, we need to get rid of the entire Scarlet Crusade because of the triple K?

:man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Can this be said about literally any other group? Seriously, let’s play this game. Let’s start inserting names of groups of people and see if that logic holds up. Let’s see how fast we get forum vacations Brise.

You can be critical of a group, any group, even Christians. It’s one of the safest groups to be critical of, especially on these forums, where people are incredibly comfortable telling others how their views and beliefs are wrong or misguided.

Also, if people don’t fully comprehend what I’m talking about. Just think back to Christmas time, when a thread simply stating “Merry Christmas!” would invite posts about how bad Christianity is, and how there “are other holidays by the way!”

Or, how about when something really terrible happens and someone says “thoughts and prayers” and you get those wonderful people that have to chime in and say “your thoughts and prayers do nothing!”

Being critical of issues is one thing, being bigoted is another.

13 Likes

Why does this sound like a Kpop band my daughter would have listened to years ago?