Guild Services Retiring

if crafting orders are cross-realm, i definitely want to be able to find a crafter easier through a cross-realm trade chat.

if crafting orders are not cross-realm, then i would be forced to transfer to a high pop realm anyways

Seriously? So, making anything up now to just get your own way? Like, seriously?

Iā€™m just going to repeat for you.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, NOT FOR OTHERS!

thank you very much but i am allowed to speak for my friends when they ask me to.

have a lovely day

You said ā€œweā€. Not ā€œMe and my friendsā€, you said, and here, let me requote it:

You do not speak on behalf of everyone.

Bliz: You know all that stuff we used to charge you for? Yeah, we are going to make it so you can access the guild anywhere and not have to pay for it.

Players: What! How dare you not make me pay for services!

Never change, GD

2 Likes

Not sure that would help. Remember just about every person with an active sub could post once every 5 minutes.

There is already a soft cap on how many messages you can send how often.

There are certainly arguments to be made for mega-realm or just removing the realm barrier entirely.

To start though, they should remove the penalty within a realm for playing the low pop faction by making the chat cross-faction.

There would be really large implications to go full-bore cross-realm everything! Shouldnā€™t let ā€œperfectā€ get in the way of progress.

For example, their solution to currencies. Not a great solution in terms of usability. It is probably just a limitation due to tech. Still I am glad it is happening. It is a net benefit to the player base despite being janky.

The Gregorian calendar ends every December 31 we just print a new one.

Mayans just printed a big one so they wouldnā€™t need to do it again soon, and they never did.

guild leaders can have genuine reasons to want to transfer their guild to a new server - and no, just disbanding and creating a new guild is not a good option because some guilds have been around for 20 years, they donā€™t want to disband and start new, even if the name of the guild would be the same

for example - what if crafting orders ARE NOT cross-realm, then the guild would have a really good reason to want to move to a high pop realm so their members can easily get stuff crafted for raids (you might respond by saying - oh the guild can make everything for everyone: not true, not every guild has someone who maxxes out every profession, itā€™s nice to just talk to a crafter and get it done without having to make someone in the guild farm out profession knowledge)

1 Like

Kinda. Guild finder doesnā€™t work for the opposite faction of the guild, achievements donā€™t work if your group is made of the other faction from the guild, etc.

You have a storage guild with 8 of your characters, just create a new one. lol

1 Like

I donā€™t get the outrage.

If guilds are cross serverā€¦ canā€™t you just invite your alt thatā€™s on whatever server, make them the guild leader, then BAM! Guild server and/or faction transferred?

And if youā€™re on a dead server with ā€œno transmogsā€ on the AH, canā€™t you just use the gold from your guild to buy mogs from a different server, like Illidan?

1 Like

Because itā€™s the wow forum, posters have a need to be outraged about anything Blizzard does even if the outrage doesnā€™t make any sense.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s fair and it is Bread.

2 Likes

I mean, to be fair, it is GD after all. The only thing that does make sense is the name of the forum. Everything else is here all over the place.

1 Like

And lose the guild creation date, all of the achievements, etc? Yeahā€¦ no.

So unless we can give guild lead to cross faction or cross serverā€¦ this is not a good change.

Now, if someone comes in here and says, ā€œYes, weā€™re implementing the ability to give guild lead to opposite faction or different server,ā€ then thatā€™s fine. But until thenā€¦ Iā€™m going to question this change that was created without any reason given.

1 Like

sounds more like the features will become obsolete than limiting us.
if its cross faction and cross realm probably wont matter where the guild actually resides.

Considering you cannot give guild lead to the opposite faction right now, thereā€™s a possibility that this is a ā€œno.ā€

Problem isā€¦ we donā€™t have that info yet. So like I said:

Sounds like we should go test it on the beta or ptr, yā€™know, for Science!

I donā€™t know how youā€™d test that on beta or PTR. PTR is one realm, afaik and beta realms are locked to different types of character creation, etc.