Guild Services Retiring

I get the impression Prepatch is July 23rd. If they’re discontinuing the services on the 22nd, before the patch is out, and we know the prepatch event starts on the 30th, the 23rd seems like a logical date for the prepatch to drop. Gives us a week to get warband integration set up as well as figure out updated talent trees.

1 Like

country of breadland.

Ok, that is lagging too far behind.

What’s the date of the prepatch on the Mayan calendar?

This is important guys, it’s the only format my work accepts time off requests.

I think Blizz themselves created some confusion here because the pre-patch event starts on the 30th but the actual patch goes live sometime before that.

December 21, 2012

1 Like

Hey, woah….sometimes I lag

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

the wowhead page does state that the pre-patch will be released on july 30, though.

It does not. It says before July 30th.

Stop making things up.

1 Like

So I don’t necessarily mind this. It was likely not being used often.

There are still complications with cross-realm guilds and cross-faction elements.

1. Non-consumable Crafts and crafting orders are still server-bound (e.g. armor/weapons/etc.)
  2. Trade chat is still faction specific. So low pop factions can struggle to find crafters.
  3. Cross-faction grouping in the outside world leaves a lot to be desired. You can’t complete quests/etc.

I’m sure there are other things, but the broader point is that there is still friction for not being on the same server and/or faction.

So my overall question… why now? Why not wait until some of those last elements of friction are removed first?

1 Like

What does this mean as far as ‘guild updates’?

are crafting orders still realm-specific? would be really bad if they still are.

1 Like

Create character on popular realm…put gold in warband bank…get gold from warband bank and buy said item from AH…put item in warband bank.

You’re making something out of nothing :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hard to verify in beta, but definitely as of DF they are.

They are cross-faction, however, since trade chat is not, you may not know who to place the order to depending on your server comp.

For example:
90% horde to 10% alliance, if you are on alliance - it may be tough to find a crafter. You basically have to make a horde alt, monitor trade, then hop back on alliance and whisper crafter.

Don’t roll Horde on Moon Guard.

1 Like

Sadly that calender ended a few years ago. They got lazy and only put several hundred years past their civilization existing

yeah i do that already

Don’t think anyone would want a cross faction/server trade chat. It’ll probably look like Illidan, but worse.

I could see this being a thing. Isn’t cross realm guilds becoming a thing at some point?

Proudmoore trade chat and stormrage trade chat would turn into a mess.