Guild Server

For the past two weeks I’ve been going back and forth with in game support and still don’t have an answer. Since guild movement services have been removed from what I’ve read on blue posts and what not. I understood that the guild moves with the GM depending on the realm that character is on is where the guild is considered to be, realm wise. I have searched in the database of guilds I picked Dalaran which didn’t have my guilds name and I still can’t transfer the GM role to my other character.

I would love to get some clarification on how this works and or clear up the name database so people can effectively with our wasting their character transfer.

Are both characters on the same server? I think they also need to be same faction. So it would have to be a alliance character of the same server I believe.

This is what the guild transfer allowed, character transfers do not move guilds though, I am probably not reading this correctly though.

3 Likes

No, the GM is on Hakkar and the one I’m trying to transfer guild to is on Dalaran still same faction though.

From what I read it depends on what server the GM is on that determines the sever location of the guild. See the quote below that gave me this idea.

Greetings Clint !
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Blizzard Entertainment. Game Master “Shisescelo” here. I picked up your ticket regarding Transfering guild leadership.

Firstly, thanks for holding tight whilst your ticket made its way over to me. Our ticket queues are pretty busy right now. Happy to be here now!

Dear Clint, to answer your question, you can pass leadership to a different character on a different realm then you can rejoin the guild cross-realm with no issues.

I am glad that I was able to clarify everything, and if you need anything else or have other questions, I will always be here for you.
Stay safe and have a great day.

Sincerely,
GM Shisescelo
Blizzard Entertainment

I think the GM may have been a little confused (or I am) but I do not believe there is a way currently to move a Guild from one realm to another.

Guild transfers do not follow with any character transfers, Guild Lead or otherwise. In fact you could never server transfer with a normal character transfer while being a Guild Lead.

If you want the guild with that name to exist on Dalaran, you’ll need to create a whole new guild on Dalaran.

The Guild Lead and the Guild have to be on the same realm. People now are leaving/creating alts to hold that spot if they are wanting to move their main to a new server and it happened to be the guild lead.

Right, I remember not being able to transfer if you were GM. But they were trying to tell me that I would just send the GM rank to another alt or person. Its weird…

You can still do that, it just has to be to someone on the same server and faction.

I think what your GM meant to say was something along the lines of “You should pass Guild Leadership to another character on the server. Leave the guild, server transfer your character, then rejoin the guild”

4 Likes