TWW cross-realm guilds and Guild Leader transfer?

In DF I moved a number of my characters to a more populated server. The ones I left behind don’t really get played and I don’t want to spend the money moving them to my current home server. Now that TWW supports cross-realm guilds, I added the toons I moved back to my old guild, but am currently unable to transfer leadership to a toon on the new realm where I actually play.

I’m wondering if this is going to be supported once we’re past pre-patch?

As far as I know, no. At least not at this time. While some changes were made to allow for cross-realm guilds, the guild itself is still tied to the realm and faction where it was created.

It may be something that our Development team is able to do in the future, but I would imagine it would be a bit of an overhaul of the entire system to allow that. Who knows though, I’ve been surprised before.

4 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks for the quick response.

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue with wanting to change my main to horder but she is GM to an alliance guild. She is all I really play for the first half of an expac. Whay do away with guild faction change if you can not change the faction of the GM?

To be fair, this wasn’t a CS decision, so Vrak won’t necessarily be able to answer that. You can always promote an alt to Guild Leader and then faction transfer the character you want on the other faction. You’d just have to leave the alt as Guild Leader.

1 Like

yeah that is the hard part as I do not touch my alts until 3 to 6 months into an expac. Just makes no sense the way they did away with Guild Faction change.

This is a big problem when the guild leader is the one you want to transfer and you can’t because you are unable to promote a new leader.

Needs attention ASAP.

What would happen if you faction changed the GM prior to moving the guild?

First, guilds are still flagged as either Horde or Alliance. You can’t faction-change the guild leader. Second, you can’t transfer a guild.

2 Likes

Across the faction divide, specifically. “Transferring the guild” can happen in the sense of moving it to a different server, or in the sense of promoting another character to be guild master, but that new character has to be the same faction.

The faction of the guild is currently a permanent and unchangeable attribute. The only thing that’s changed is allowing opposite-faction characters to join guilds of the “wrong” faction, but the guilds themselves have the same internal limitations.

1 Like

Correct, you cannot faction-change a guild. You also cannot transfer it. The only guild service that has not been discontinued is the ability to change the guild name.

4 Likes

Ok, I didn’t realize that. Was that the changed at the same time as the Warband implementation? It seems that Warband stuff had an effect on guilds as well.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Transfered some characters from my old server to a more populated one, but can’t give the guild leadership to a toon in the new server.

The guild leader must be on the same realm that the guild was established on, I’m afraid. That is intended.

6 Likes