Guild Banks WONT Be in At TBC Launch

Quit being entitled please

Obviously its just not ready based on the statement that essentially says they will release it asap. They needed to get the game out with the elder scrolls online release, shadow lands release stagger, and ashes of creation non-nda release. The last one in particular would have stole all their free marketing via streamers. I am disappointed but I would much rather have a healthy game than losing people to 3 other games right at release. We all know what SL did to naxx…

Since when is it entitled to have reasonable expectations of a corporation that you’re paying?

3 Likes

OK BOOMER!

Guild banks need to be released just as the were in the past.

The whole arena system must be completely rewritten.

I am taking this as it wasn’t working in the ptr or beta and, for some reason, they didn’t view this as a priority to have resolved prior to launch. So, they will add it eventually…

With all of the other changes that will be in place at launch, QoL or otherwise, I feel its safe to say that sticking with “original patch progression” has long since been thrown out the window. So, I’m unsure who they are attempting to placate here with their phrasing.

The in-game guild bank is better late than never, but phase 4 is far too long for something that will be a huge QoL for guilds on every server.

1 Like

That’s like saying because I can’t have Tea, then I shouldn’t have coffee, either. That’s illogical.

Blizz… why??? Please do better than this.

1 Like

There were a lot of us trying to get Guild Banks added to Classic. If we had Guild Banks in Classic, we’d have them at the start of TBC.

“No-changes” strikes again.

Shill harder and they might pay you… not.

They can hardly say “no changes” at this point without reverting a LOT of other stuff. As people have already said, there are tons of changes from later phases, and changes that were never in BC at all.

1 Like

Then maybe they should fix it before releasing the product?

They said they “We have not been planning to open guild banks with the launch of Burning Crusade Classic.”
Which reads that this isn’t a technical issue, it was their plan. An incredibly stupid plan.

2 Likes

They can say whatever they want actually. It’s their game we just rent a license from them for 15$ a month.

1 Like

I don’t believe that statement for a second. I think that’s just deflecting from the fact TBC is being rushed and they didn’t have time to implement this before launch.

1 Like

Why does everything need to be easier with you people?

It took how long to get a keyring? 6 months? or was it a year? I forget.

Don’t expect them to hold off the game for 6+months for a guild bank.

If it’s not finished, I’d rather it not be at launch.

Put in 100g in my guild bank and it ends up in another guild’s pocket (Fallout 76 joke).

I didn’t say you account shared. Not everything is about you. My statement is about every other guild who account shares, which Blizzard noted was a problem when they originally added guild banks.

And I don’t know how it’s not a big deal, if you want to take some time away from the game or are on vacation, or lose power/internet, and can’t log in. I’m not sure how your guild bank website helps you get stuff out of the GM’s bank when the GM isn’t logged in.

Reference:

• Blizzard-supported guild banks were introduced with patch 2.3 to help reduce player-created guild banks, which were prone to Terms of Use violations due to account sharing.

Interesting article from 2007: https://www.engadget.com/2007-08-19-guild-banks-are-now-scheduled-for-patch-2-3.html

• Guild banks were initially intended to go live with the Burning Crusade launch

I can’t find any of the original news on Blizzard’s site, 'cause all of their links have been broken over the years, but interesting to see engadget’s reporting Blizzard’s intentions.

We already seen with Classic Vanilla they made changes to line up with their original intentions, because now they could. So this announcement is a head scratcher on so many levels. The best hope I have is that they just can’t figure out the code, which is ironic as they apparently had the same exact problem in 2007. Maybe give the engineer who figured out the code back then a call to see if they can help you now.

4 Likes

You’d rather get TBC classic pushed back, and we have to drag through another month of Naxx because YOU can’t play without Gbank.

The game is 15 years old. I’d prefer to not play an extended TBC beta myself.

If we’re launching with 2.4.3, then launch with 2.4.3. Make it the best experience that version of the game had to offer from the word go.

Blizzard is run very shoddily. This entire TBC operation feels like they’re constantly building an airplane while it’s in flight, which seems very odd considering all the “heavy lifting” was done prior to the original Classic coming out according to the developers. I dunno how long they’ve been attempting to develop this internally, but I find it hard to believe they’re simply unable to make guild banks work ahead of time.

2 Likes

It took how long to get a keyring? 6 months? or was it a year? I forget.

Maybe we’re just not paying enough in subscriptions.

If they never planned to release with them like they said, then that could be the issue. People wanted it, so they tried to shove it in, but it didn’t work.