Guild Banks Pt. 14

Yay. Guild bank thread is alive again…:roll_eyes:

Ease of use to deposit and see items in the guild bank by default promotes guild member interaction.
The key is the bank has to be manged and not left for a free for all

1 Like

Based on what’s been said recently, I don’t think they’re going to be in and I’m good with that. However, as we’ve talked about before (I think we’ve talk about everything before), at some point down the road I wouldn’t be opposed to them being used as a gold sink.

Yes, I’m necroing this thread. Do I care about guild banks? Not really and I highly doubt they’ll be in there. However, having seen all of the AV debate, I have decided that this is a far less contentious topic.

1 Like

Kill the necromancer! Kill it with fire!

3 Likes

Lol. That is awesome. So which angle you arguing against? Spirit of Vanilla? Inventory Management? Security? What the differences really are? Other?

A month isn’t really a necro? Is it? We have infinite scroll now. Why start a new thread?

1 Like

As bad as the choice of 1.12 AV is (and it’s bad), it’s still authentic Vanilla. Guild Banks are not.

3 Likes

Guild banks were in Vanilla in the form of a player work around Guild Bank Alts. It’s in the name.
Guild banks can even be setup with permissions to limit access just like GBA’s. Similar to how GBA’s could only be accessed by those with the account credentials of the account the gba was on.
The only real difference is Guild banks are in game and not tied to a player’s account. Even the way they operate may be slightly different but that depends on the user. There’s more mailboxes in Azeroth than there are banks. So to deposit. The depositor has to go to a city. With GBA’s you just find the nearest mailbox. As one example of how the “convenience” shifts depending on POV.

Guild banks were never part of vanilla, no matter how many mental gymnastics you do to try to claim otherwise. As they were never part of vanilla, they have no place in classic, IMO.

Most guild’s did use ALTS to store item for the guild during vanilla, and they will be able to do so again in classic. That would be authentic vanilla, would it not?

6 Likes

What does GBA stand for again? Guild Bank Alt.

Edit to add:They did have to field a lot of tickets concerning GBA’s. We may see guild banks for this reason.

1 Like

As i said, mental gymnastics.

Guild bank alts =/= guild banks. If guild bank alts were the same as guild banks there would have been no need to add guild banks in TBC.

You also ignore the numbers of tickets they received even after guild banks were added.

I will also again point out that they are using the old 1 hour delay in mail time which guild banks would allow to be bypassed.

Adding guild banks to classic would require changing the 1.12 code.

Changing the way guild banks function do that the one hour mail delay could not be bypassed would require even more drastic changes to the 1.12 code.

We will have to wait to see whether Blizzard decides to favor convenience over authenticity.

1 Like

Character to store items for the guild we’re commonly refered to as “guild bank alts”.

It is literally in the name. The only mental gymnastics being performed are by those trying to convince themselves that they are something else.

They just perform the same function but shift around how items are manipulated while having actual in game traceability. All they did was remove the function from being tied to a players account and made an interface for it in game. That is all it really is. They perform the same function only slightly different in how they operate.

Oh yes that rash of tickets because some in the community took advantage of their guilds when people either didn’t know what the permissions tab was for or they had been duped into believing that people weren’t already abusing the guild bank alts in the same way? Oh yea that’s right that couldn’t be proven because the inventories were tracked out of game…

Again that depends on the situation as I have pointed out. Both parties need to have withdrawals permission. Oh and if blizz wanted to they could make deposits have an hour cooldown to withdraw them. Just to ya know keep that from happening.

So did rereleasing classic. It’s what they do.

Yea. No one cares if they write that code with a crayon. As long as it plays. I wouldn’t care if that code is written in pig latin.

More like whether they like GBA tickets or hands off(now that everyone is educated on how they work) guild banks.

good god it wont just die.

guild banks should not be in classic. and i dont want to see any more of your horrible reasons why it should be.

4 Likes

I have a solution for you:

Solved :ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes

It appears that some simply cannot let go of their modern retail conveniences.

1 Like

That does NOT make them guild banks.

2 Likes

You know, i was just thinking to my self… Where did all the guild bank threads go, huh… I may consider guild banks a good 5 years after classic, on select servers… Maybe?

The bigger one is Blizzard GM oversight and account security.

Guild Banks are very likely to happen if only to “reduce GM Overhead.”

Most players aren’t going to refuse to play because the guild banks do something in the major cities.

1 Like