Guild Banks Pt. 14

lol Now I imagining a Gnome with Blood Elf ears. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That would be like taking the vertical doors from a Lambo and putting them on a VW Bug.

2 Likes

Alright, enough about blood elf eared gnomes, back on topic plz, lol

1 Like

I’m not sure I have anything else to add to the topic at this stage. Unless we decide we’re going to use the thread to brainstorm ideas that might replace guild banks as a way of delaying massive inflation.

Honestly it would only have minimal effect on curbing inflation. Even if everyone bought at least 1 personal gbank (providing blizz allows this) that is still a finite amount. Unless they were to use the old “service charge”(yes irl I despise service charges on things like using your own money with a digital transactiom…grrr. OT)
The economy is going to be interesting to see. Prior knowledge alone makes the economy not authentic in a way.
I doubt anyone will be selling items such as The Feet of The lynx for 20 silver or using them as a throw away leveling piece early on. Knowing they can get 50g down the road for that one piece.
Nope. Those will go in the bank until the economy grows a bit more. Those along with knowledge of things such as the AQ event are going to have players stockpile items.
Gbanks in or out won’t effect that either (For all my inventory management folks out there) because people will use alts for storages anyways. It will however be a different economy in how it develops and ultimately settles. Only time will tell.

We agree that inflation is inevitable. I was thinking about something somebody on one of the threads mentioned and that was that Vanilla apparently had a gold cap of approx. 214K/character. So play long enough and it will literally be impossible to have any more money. Luckily, priests take vows of poverty so I have no need to worry about that.

1 Like

At this point, I think everything that can be said, has been.

Just outta curiosity, what’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen stored in a guild bank?

That is indeed a good question. Weirdest…huh. Well I have seem people use guild banks as a junk box and even deposit greys but I think that was kinda trolling the officers and the gm because it did trigger the gm. lol
Guess you could call that weird.

And now, to keep the thread alive and healthy until launch.

Uhh…

Anyone have any ideas?

I once had the brilliant idea of helping an alt power level cooking so I had two bank tabs full of meat and fish. After basically wasting 2 tabs worth of storage for a couple of months, I just vendored all of it.

I miss leveling cooking and fishing in Mulgore together. Lol

I got a guild bank from my guild dieing. Stored all 6 tabs with snowballs and Gave them away over the year until they were available again.

People have gotten guild banks in all kinds of ways. I’ve heard rumors that people use to buy guilds from players that were leaving so that they’d have more storage space.

People did buy/sell them. Which also made them a somewhat player traded commodity.
While not a gold sink that sure does facilitate some gold moving around within the economy.

That could have made for some interesting moments. “Surprise!!! I’m the new guild master and you’re all getting kicked!!!”

One big difference:
Sharding/loot trading directly impact core gameplay.
Guild banks do not.

2 Likes

That depends upon how an individual (or Blizzard) defines “core game play”.

Now, we know that they have let us know some of the things that they consider “core game play”. Do we know if that list is all inclusive? Are the things on that list the only things they consider “core game play”?

Having to actually meet up and interact with other players to exchange things immediately is not on that list, but we do know that they are reinstating the one hour delay to the mail system.

Guild banks can and often do remove much of the need for player interaction between guild mates with regards to guild resources.

We will have to wait until makes a decision and informs us what their decision was. Until that time, all we do is to continue to voice our opinions.

and yet guild banks can also start communication between guild members because being aware that there is a lack of resources can lead to a non officer organizing the guild to go gather needed items like herbs, potions, food, scrolls, exc. and not even just for end game raiding, but for helping guildies level.

one of my previous guilds in retail would save up all of our lower level scrolls to give to leveling players in the guild to help them level.

1 Like

Depending on permissions guild banks have just as much interaction between guildies as do guild banks alts. Just depends on circumstances.

2 Likes