Guild Banks Pt. 14

So let's take our minds off subs and sharding and have a nice classic discussion about guild banks.
Guild banks are still by far the least impactful on gameplay and most spirit of Vanilla community change one could request.
Not only that the log keeps officers and gm's honest. Without logs they are free to skim off the top of donations and trivialize their epic mount purchase.
Thoughts?
32 Likes
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559265#1

here is the real thread.
11/04/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Padrepwn
So let's take our minds off subs and sharding and have a nice classic discussion about guild banks.
Guild banks are still by far the least impactful on gameplay and most spirit of Vanilla community change one could request.
Not only that the log keeps officers and gm's honest. Without logs they are free to skim off the top of donations and trivialize their epic mount purchase.
Thoughts?

Tell us all again which patch added those guild banks.

Were guild banks part of ANY 1.x patch?
25 Likes
Thoughts?

no.
17 Likes
1 Like
Thanks guys. This is what I want to see when I go to the classic forums. Back to the basics.
4 Likes
if they arent changing the code from 1.12 why would they add more code to it?
13 Likes
11/04/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Lagspike
Thanks guys. This is what I want to see when I go to the classic forums. Back to the basics.

LOL. Yea, something like that.

(something, something about inventory management for alts)
11/04/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Ratsmats
Thoughts?

Tell us all again which patch added those guild banks.

Were guild banks part of ANY 1.x patch?

Well it could be 1.13. I think guild banks would be a great addition to classic.
3 Likes
Not going to happen.
17 Likes
11/04/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Syradra
Not going to happen.

Hear that about a lot of things that end up happening.
3 Likes
11/04/2018 01:41 PMPosted by FellĂ­na
if they arent changing the code from 1.12 why would they add more code to it?

How long do you think it takes for them to code in an npc interface? The rest is obviously already there if lfd/lfr menu was "left over".
2 Likes
11/04/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Cyberreturns
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559265#1

here is the real thread.

LOL...

As for OP.

No. It actually does impact a LOT in the game.
16 Likes
once again, guild banks should not exist because if you don't make them be too expensive for lvl 1 bank alts to bother with them, then people's lvl 1 bank alts are going to use them for all that extra storage space(which makes inventory management much more trivial, which is a bad thing), but if you do make them too expensive for lvl 1 bank alts to bother with them, then even raiding guilds won't bother with them, and few guilds will have one, and then a few people might want to join the guilds that do have one for the wrong reason

this will probably be the only legitimate argument in the entire thread against guild banks(and hopefully, it won't be), and its the only argument it takes
2 Likes
Better watch out, they might shard your guild bank, cause too many players are using it.
10 Likes
I can always tell when it is Sunday. All the troll posts lately, might actually be clever if they were not lazy half assed attempts.
10 Likes
a huge part of vanilla's guilds was trust and loyalty is everything. your gm or whoever would usually keep the guild's items on an alt and you had to trust them.
9 Likes
Thoughts?

do what everyone else did.

buy personal bank slots, add biggest bags you can (crafted) and assign them as you need. bag 1; mats etc.

tada> personal guild bank.
3 Likes
11/04/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Moonblade
Thoughts?

buy personal bank slots, add biggest bags you can (crafted) and assign them as as you need. bag 1; mats etc.

Don't say that! Then RedHeadChild or whatever will come in saying it is a scam!
1 Like
11/04/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Syradra

buy personal bank slots, add biggest bags you can (crafted) and assign them as as you need. bag 1; mats etc.

Don't say that! Then RedHeadChild or whatever will come in saying it is a scam!

well, i see. reading comprehension must be hard around these parts.

should have kept that secret to myself, huh?
1 Like