Guild Banks Pt. 14

I have a question for you. The question is based on the following premises:

1)Guild banks aren’t in the game
2)Blizzard stands by their word that once Classic launches, they keep it going until the end of the World… of Warcraft.

What do you propose to combat the almost inevitable inflation that will occur given the lack of gold sinks after players get their epic riding skill?

2 Likes

Thing is, Guild Banks will merely delay that. I could ask the same thing except instead of epic riding, guild banks. We need something that’s not a one-time purchase to fix this problem.

You know, maybe we could buy our subscription with Classic gold. And, I don’t mean copy the token system from retail. Instead of this gold going to another player, it’s just deleted. That way, every month thousands of gold would just be removed from the economy. Just an idea. :open_mouth:
Of course, Blizzard wont do that because they wont make money off those subscriptions. So, probably a waste of time to suggest that. But, still. I can’t really think of any other good ways to have a continuous gold sink. Unless they plan on just adding more and more stuff from retail that has silly costs attached. Like, heirlooms. Then add more mounts that can be purchased for gold like the spider and dinosaur. lol

1 Like

That’s part of the point I was trying to make hours ago. Vanilla led to TBC which had epic flying as the massive gold sink (5000G). Classic doesn’t have that next step so once players have dropped their 1000G, there’s nothing to take any significant amount of gold out.

Guilds banks aren’t the perfect solution. Even if Blizzard used the 8 tab banks from Cata (or maybe it was Wrath), the inflation will eventually come. So while the launch day experience for Classic can be no changes, there will almost certainly come a time when something has to happen. I would prefer players be proactive in their thinking rather than waiting a few years and being forced to accept whatever Blizzard decides because nothing was done until it was too late. Even if at present that only means having a dialogue, that’s still better than doing nothing.

There is also always just letting it happen. Maybe Blizzard isn’t concerned about it. As, gold production in Vanilla was pretty low. I didn’t break 1mill gold until WOD. And that’s mostly because in WOD and Legion, you could make millions of gold doing almost nothing. haha.

I don’t know! Blizzard most likely will wait until it’s having a very negative impact on the community before doing anything about it. Assuming it does get that far.

1 Like

That does sound like a Blizzard thing to do, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Definitely. lol

I’m not really here for the Guild Bank Discussion. I just wanted to say hello to Padre :crazy_face:

1 Like

A very plausible idea I would say. Some games have even done a gold squish similar to the stat squish they wow had employed. Twice now. Lol.

Just not sure on how blizz will see the inflation issue. Look at games like UO. That economy has inflated beyond belief but as far as I know new players still start with 1000 gold even though everything in game worth having costs millions.
I read an article about how inflation over time effects new players starting in games and how it’s a bit harder for new players to over come that. UO was one of the examples used because after that rampant gold dupe bug was used by a huge portion of the player base the economy went from gold being scarce like Vanilla to players having millions. Practically over night. Lol

All that being said I’m not sure blizz is too worried about future new players starting classic after the server has been up for 5 years. We will see though.

Either way. I like your idea and it would give players something else to work for. Again though. Not sure blizz will use something they can not monetize and essentially loses them sub money. I still like the idea though. Have some love my gnome friend. Wow. Can’t believe I just said that. Lol.
I am digging this community thing we have going though. I mean this forum and gnomes like you have changed my bias opinions of gnomes a wee lil bit anyways. :):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lol.
Hello my fellow long winded poster!
This is the shortest reply we’ve had to each other. :smile:

I’m a Blood Elf! How dare you call me one of the lesser races! You shall regret this day, Padrepwn!!!
On a serious note, I feel the exact same. That Blizzard probably isn’t worried about. I’m also kind of interested in how it will work out without intervention. If the economy will inflate horribly or not. Assuming no gold exploits pop up!

I’m as worried for the players as I am about Blizzard. Sure, Padre and Knoc can plague the Alliance for years, but should they decide to explore lives as other disreputables, a lot of the challenge that the originals faced could be removed by having access to large amounts of coin. How does potentially having some yet to be determined amount of the challenge removed from the game affect players going forward? I’m not saying that such fine, upstanding members of the community as yourselves would ever stoop to using the wealth of your mains to aid your alts, but we have to look at what other people might do in their impure quest for an enhanced legacy of greatness.

Ooops. My bad your blood eflness. I thought I was replying to the gnome who liked my post that brought me here.
My sincerest apologies. I replied before morning coffee too.

Ok. I do. Lol. How do you make the emojis that big?

Good point. Susan will have her hand in this too don’t forget. Her and her people definitely affect the economy.

Agreed to an extent. People don’t have much reference points for static mmo’s. The ones that do exist seem to use gold squishes and add some extra gold sinks or increase the costs of already present gold sinks.
There is a pserver for UO. Even that server without the same dupe bug that changed UO’s live shard’s economy. The economy still inflated to the point of higher end items being valued in the millions. So yea overtime it is inevitable.
We will see what blizz does or does not do. /shrug

Just so long as they don’t do server resets.

1 Like

Agreed. 100% muh dude!

1 Like

Been just linking to them. Hosting those on imgur and using the [img]link[/img] command to link to them. Those emotes are originally from Blade & Soul. I really liked their emotes. And I figured I may take advantage of my ability to post images somehow!

And you shall be forgiven! This one time!

I hope that isn’t their solution, either. Would be pretty lame to say, quit and return a year later to find out your toon was deleted.

1 Like

Ah ok. Some features I’m just not completely up to speed on. Overall I do like most of the stuff added to the forums. Imo though they should have axed the multiple avatars to improve communication and eliminate some of the white noise around here.

A 1000 thank yous your eflness. I will be more aware of who I’m replying to in the future!

Anadann’s eyes shifted quickly from side to side as he checked for signs of witnesses. Finally, convinced it was safe to do so, he covered his mouth and laughed quietly.

"He said Knoc was a gnome"

1 Like

I see you laughin! :angry:

There was actually a wonderful thread made when they changed to these forums about all the new features here:

And yah. I really wish they did tie the forums to our bnet accounts.

1 Like

C’mon. Don’t be mad. I’m sure you’d make an adorable gnome. I mean, we’d have to do something about the ears and maybe the eyes and probably a lot of other parts, but by the time the makeover was done, you’d be just as puntable as anybody.

1 Like