Guild Banks Pt. 14

So once again your trying to put words into my mouth.

Guild banks don’t need achievement nor reputation tied to them to function in classic. YOU are the one claiming they would be needed for the 7th and 8th tab. I never mentioned needing them as in classic there would be no achievement system not guild reputation thus, you would not have such a requirement on buying those tabs, because it would be impossible to do if you kept that on there.

And before you go into “development time” tarrade like I know you will try. Those requirements are tied to “if then” logics scripts. Those are EASY to to remove. 5-10 minutes of work, and most of that time is just identifying the if then scripts and deleting them.

It works the same way for buying the argent Dawn reputation items. “If your reputation is not friendly or above, then you cannot buy X item”. Remove the if then script and the item is buyable without a reputation requirement.

1 Like

If the 7th and 8th tabs are added, their effectiveness jumps considerably. The cost of an 8 tab bank was around 39K gold. So the price jumps 4 fold and the necessary number of banks drops to 1/4. So the figure then ends up at about 90 guilds with 8 tabs banks per faction.

As for the total numbers of players on a realm, the most basic math is as follows:

8 players get epic flying: 40K removed from the economy
8 tab guild bank : 39.35K removed from the economy

In other words, what I’m saying is that while I’m anti guild banks, I’m also enough of a realist to see that the long term in game economy needs either the banks or a massive new gold sink.

Perhaps Blizzard plans on raising the cost of epic riding to 4 or 5K. That’s a joke… I hope.

2 Likes

Is guild bank tab 8 and achievement reward in retail? YES
Was guild bank tab 7, at least originally, an achievement reward in retail? YES

Are you you advocating adding guild bank tabs 7 and 8 to classic? YES

I will everyone draw their own conclusions from those facts.

My thoughts is no guild banks tyvm, sir.

I know it looks like I’m arguing against what I want to happen, but at some point the game will need a gold sink. A huge gold sink. Epic flying provided that in TBC. Classic doesn’t have that option. If my numbers are wrong, show me how and I’ll change my position.

For the first year or two, guild banks would be much more of a convenience than a necessity. However, after epic riding the big ticket items are gone. The 5200G spent on flying stays in a player’s pocket and even if that player spends it on the auction house, all that’s happened if that 4500G or thereabouts ends up in a different player’s pocket. If total realm pops are extremely low, the economy stagnates and it’s not much of a problem. However, if a realm stays healthy and active for maybe 3 years or so, it’s going to hit the economic fan.

A 6 tab guild bank only removes enough gold from the game to offset two players getting their epic flying in TBC. An 8 tab bank raises that figure to 8 epic flying players. If we want the in game economy to maintain long term viability, then sooner or later we’ll need to find a way to take gold out of the system.

1 Like

I’ll tell you now, that person likes to ignore all forms of logic and facts in preference of his almighty opinion.

Prove inventory management in town was already trivialized to the point it couldn’t be considered a core gameplay mechanic? His reply is “no your wrong I’m right, I refuted your ‘opinion’ you only want QoL convenience” (edit, and in case you didn’t notice, there was no evidence against the proof of any of the points he claims to have refuted or given a rebutle that ‘defeated’ said point. He just claims to have done so.

You prove guild banks offer security and CS benfifits? Same answer from him. He likes to keep the discussion going in a circle. This has been shown from all guild bank threads when he joined on ratsmatz.

5 Likes

Pot calling kettle black

If we’re going to talk about adding non vanilla things to classic as gold sinks, why not add some cosmetic items, such as mounts, rather than non vanilla QOL conveniences?

Note, I am not advocating adding non vanilla cosmetic mounts. I am only offering alternate means of providing those gold sinks, should they become necessary down the road.

Well, if that’s what you think, feel free to keep thinking it. You might be of a different opinion if you actually read the guild bank threads though.

2 Likes

Ok, man as long you keep thinking what you want too. I have read thanks very much. Too much.

Well your history shows you joined the forums 2 hours ago soo… Guess I have to take your word for it.

3 Likes

I don’t understand that statement. Everyone has to join at some point. It was 2 hours for you too when you started. You also not on topic. You can’t be serious in your beliefs of what you are fighting for if you go off topic man,

Your claiming to know what’s going on without reading a good majority of the conversation, just saying.

1 Like

You have no idea how much of read so you can’t insinuate anything. Just like I can’t insinuate that you’re an actual red head. And now I have gone off topic thanks to you. Stick to the program.

So… Now it’s not just making Non-Vanilla changes to Classic™ but making changes TO THOSE changes and then dropping them in Classic™?

Brilliant!

:cocktail:

2 Likes

I’m not a red head. This character’s name is a reference the hunter community used for how hunters were treated from vanilla -part of cata in terms of priority for important issues being fixed and class balance power.

As a quick example flares tick rate for removing stealth was nerfed with 0 patch notes 3 times in cata. The first was delaying the first tick of flare when placed directly on yourself by .5 seconds. (This means it lost 2 tick in it’s total use due to no longer getting the first tick), the tick frequency was nerfed by 50% the next patch, changing it from a .25 second tick to a .5 second per tick (50% nerf) and a long distance flare nerf that made the spells duration get used as the flare was moving to the location count toward it’s duration when it previously didn’t.

These changes were discovered because of the large number of theorycrafters in the hunter community. The hunting party podcast was one of the places some of them got together and announced the findings and changes made to hunters. They caught quite a few non patch note changes that were quite impactful to the class. As an example the flare changes shown above made it so a rouge or druid could get a cheep shot or pounce off on a hunter through a full length flare instead of only half the length of a flare. And if they used Sprint and times it right they could not pass through a flare without losing stealth. It was a pretty big pvp change vs stealth. And had no patch notes.

So again the name I use is a reference to how hunters got treated, I didn’t start this reference, if I remember correctly the first place I heard it was from big red kitty (he was another hunter theorycrafter)

Wow that’s a big back story to your name. Mine’s pretty easy to work out.

We aren’t saying change it, we are saying, if blizzard sees some of those aspects of guild banks as an issue to the vanilla experience they could change it with very little work involved.

Been a hunter since 2005 played the class as my main every expansion, and the only other character I played was a blood DK in cata because my guild needed a tank for our second raid group.

1 Like

Blows my mind Blizzard is putting so much effort in to this project to make it as authentic as possible, and then the following happens.

Blizzard intentionally puts stuff in that wasn’t in classic.
Players are actively asking for stuff not in classic to be put in.

3 Likes