Guild Banks Pt. 14

Nothing about classic is going to be authentic. That experience is gone. The best we can hope for is a recreation of the gameplay experience. The social and progressive aspects are forever ruined by the passage of time and the spread of knowledge as well as just different expectations from players.

Arguing authenticity as a reason against guild banks is just not compelling. The authentic experience of vanilla guild banking is not only not gameplay (except as some bizarre version of a minigame only played by guild leaders and officers) it is also completely broken in terms of security and blizzard’s recent views on account sharing. Guild banks fix what is broken and do little to destroy “authenticity” any more than it is already going to be destroyed by the game and all its wonders, mystery, progression etc being destroyed by the passage of time.

If you want authenticity you should be demanding that blizzard roll back their current views and actions on account sharing and explicitly allow mule based guild banking;

More importantly, you should focus your energy on campaigning against the inauthentic things that actually drastically change core gameplay–You should demand a much more progressive server content plan than they have planned including more phases, more progressive itemization, and only 8 debuff slots for early content. 16 debuff slots and Dire maul being implemented on release will have a more meaningful impact on the authentic experience than guild banks ever could.

We should also be complaining about them removing clipping and wall jumping since that was authentic. We should demand that decursive not be broken since it’s a quintessential part of vanilla raiding. So much about the authentic argument rings hollow in view of what changes and lack of authenticity aren’t being addressed.

Does this mean I like guild banks?
YES, Yes it does.

If you like them then you want them in Classic?
Yes, Yes I do!

3 Likes

Better stop the whole thing then. Blizzard didn’t get that memo. You do realize that they will try and deliver the most authentic experience they can even with the new framework behind it right?

That’s what the whole thing is about. I think it’s you who’s taken a left somewhere and gone down the wrong path.

3 Likes

No, but I’m concerned about the inauthenticities that matter not some bizarre minigame consisting of logging in and out of accounts to guild bank.

You’ve taken a clear wrong turn when you hyper focus on this proposed change that fixes actual issues, but ignore glaring inauthentic changes that drastically change game play and are not part of just a new frame work.

The guild bank fits more into “a new framework behind it” than anything I already pointed out, so maybe you should accept the authentic experience provided by a new framework behind it including guild banks.

3 Likes

You get the pros…and CONS with Vanilla. If you to keep switching alts, that’s just what you’ll have to do.

When you use other people’s rebuttals against the person who said it to you, it means you don’t have any of your own. I stopped reading that paragraph from here because of that point alone.

Nah it doesn’t. It’s just a convenience. May as well find other things from retail that change the game experience. Then it will keep happening over time and before we know it, we have another retail version.

3 Likes

When their words are their own indictment why write your own.

You didn’t respond to my points at all you just tried to pivot back to your weak position. When you can’t respond to points made by someone it means you don’t have any response of your own. (pivoting might work for politicians, but it doesn’t make your point valid)

Boom slippery slope fallacy. Fallacies become more true the more you repeat them, right?

Although your and other’s inaccurate use of the labels of convenience and QoL as a dismissive labels to try to avoid addressing points has been addressed above , I’ll put that and the Slippery slope fallacy aside for a second.

It’s much more than a convenience. It’s an upgrade to the modern framework that addresses deficiencies and insecurities.

Just because you don’t want this to be part of a modern framework doesn’t mean that it’s not a framework feature (if you want to argue vanilla guild banking is core gameplay (or really even gameplay at all) go ahead and make your laughable stand on that ridiculous hill.

2 Likes

…for good reason. Because they were rubbish and didn’t need attention. How is it a weak position when I’m being factual?

You mean the facts. What did you say earlier about not reading one’s points?

Then I’ll have a great laugh when you give me a reason of why they’re needed in a version of the game where they didn’t exist.

Then upgrade everything and not just banks. But hang on sec, it’s no longer ‘Classic’. What you want is retail.

I never said that. I even said it has new framework behind it. Well done for not reading and proving that you didn’t at the same time.

So all you’ve done is given a poor excuse as to why you ‘need’ to have a QoL feature in a version of the game that didn’t have it for convenience sake. You also didn’t read what I said and I have proof of it. You also stole my rebuttal because your inept brain couldn’t think of one for you.

So well done, all you’ve done is embarrassed yourself. :rofl::joy::ok_hand:

3 Likes

You are a mouth without ears. You aren’t interested in discussion, so this is the last of the troll food I’ll give you.

Fallacies are not facts.

I pointed out several huge game play changing inauthenticities, and you didn’t respond to this because your call for authenticity is hollow.

You went from slippery slope fallacy to ad hominem attacks. When you rely on fallacies, pretend “facts,” and ad hominem attacks the weakness of your position is readily apparent.

Have a good night, I won’t respond further because you are uncivil, plainly uninteresting, and a troll.

4 Likes

Blizzard never allowed account sharing, to my knowledge.

3 Likes

Good, because mouths don’t have ears.

I love being called a troll by mad people. It means I’m right. Of course I’m not interested in a discussion where people like you are just blatantly stupid.

Ok then, prove that guild banks were in Vanilla. I’ll be here waiting and laughing at your expense in the interim.

I will never understand why people confuse logical posts with trolling.

Trolling necessitates a large degree of facetiousness - that the person is saying things simply to make people angry. I don’t do that. The things I argue for are factual and align with what Blizzard is trying to achieve with Classic.

Better yet, you can’t refute the logic given so that’s all you can do. “Troll! He’s a troll!” That’s what everyone says when they lose a debate or argument.

2 Likes

As has been noted above, guild banking through mules/alts were not only the standard course of business but blizzard also “turned a blind eye” to it.

Account sharing has never been explicitly permitted to my knowledge, but was largely practiced without fear of punishment until it became widespread for pvp ranking to be done by account sharing. This type of account sharing for pvp ranking definitely occurred in vanilla as well but wasn’t as wide spread nor as commonly done for money.

3 Likes

I mean, who even knows if they were turning a blind eye to it. I used speedhack all through Vanilla. Didn’t get caught until TBC. I also have an RL friend who botted from Vanilla-WOTLK and never got caught. Blizzard’s detection on that stuff was pretty poor back in the old days.

You know. You just made me think of something. I used speedhack all through Vanilla. That makes speedhacking authentic to my vanilla experience! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Good point…I don’t have any evidence on hand that they were turning a blind eye to it, but I feel confident in assuming that they knew about guild banks because of gm tickets when accounts were hacked/stolen by rogue officers. I also know that they would restore guild banks that were hacked/stolen, so that is enough for me to believe that they turned a blind eye to it.

I’m ok with bringing back speed hacking just for you :slight_smile:

Him nor the other one. Just let them run in circles in the corner. Yup. Just ignore and respond to actual discussion.
They have nothing except one thing. Tgat is why they have ramped up their attempts to derail and shut down this topic.
Just talk around them and let em talk into cyberspace. They have added nothing except derailment and some side show comedy watching them dance around it.
Once we all stop reading their posts and replying to them they will try something else. That’s called desperation. They know it too. That is why they put on fresh avatar faces. Lol

1 Like

Really? That’s interesting. I don’t know. Maybe they would be okay with people doing that again. I think they’re only real grip with account sharing will be players using it for an advantage like leveling or grinding honor.

And that would make me very happy if I could use that again. Wouldn’t need to buy an epic mount. :stuck_out_tongue:

Responding to this very obvious bait just to show everyone how desperate YOU are to get bait. So what if I was ‘jebaited’ but I’m doing it because I’m showing who the real troll is lol.

Like, that whole paragraph you wrote had nothing to do with the topic but just to call out the people that have been beating you senseless with facts from the beginning. You talked about us, but not too us. You’re nothing but a coward.

2 Likes

Padre scans the scene and finds nothing countering the well thought out logical pro guild bank arguements. He pauses to take note of the rats in the corner running on their squeaky wheels. He has pity on the pathetic little creatures and gives them a piece of cheese

Guild banks are a welcome addition to classic.
They will provide a community goal for guilds to work towards. That is definitely in the spirit of Vanilla. While being a worthwhile gold sink that the game will need to help control inflation a little bit.
They will also provide transparency, traceability, and accountability through the in game log.
They also allow officers to spend more time in game instead of tracking inventories out of game. This will have a trickle effect as they can spend that time engaged with the community more and building those communities.
Out of game tracking and logging in and out are not gameplay.

2 Likes

How can they be in the spirit of Vanilla if they didn’t exist in Vanilla in the first place?

2 Likes

Decent summary of the thread, but you didn’t need to debase yourself by calling the trolls rats or pathetic. It’s best to focus on behavior, in this case pathetic Intentional trolling or tragically inept/ignorant trolling, I’m not quite sure which yet, but trolling it is.

The spirit of Vanilla is about community. Community goals. Helping your comrades.
Working towards those goals.
Guild banks provide all of this and more. In the Spirit of Vanilla I might add.

2 Likes

Lots of things from retail bring people together, but that doesn’t mean they have to be added to Classic.

2 Likes