Guild Banks Pt. 14

11/04/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Padrepwn
So let's take our minds off subs and sharding and have a nice classic discussion about guild banks.
Guild banks are still by far the least impactful on gameplay and most spirit of Vanilla community change one could request.
Not only that the log keeps officers and gm's honest. Without logs they are free to skim off the top of donations and trivialize their epic mount purchase.
Thoughts?

I think , personally, a Guild Bank would be ok. I mean people will still create bank Alts and such, I honestly think after playing vanilla for this long, it would help, a lot.
8 Likes
Also, who's to say things like this that ACTUALLY improve the game instead of breaking it, won't help. I don't think Guild Banks would take away, but add to the Vanilla experience in a more organized manner.

Believe me, I HATE CHANGES but this one I wouldn't mind.
6 Likes
No thanks.
9 Likes
Guess it will come down to whether the WOW: Classic development team considers guild bank somehow separated from the top two design philosophy points:

- Authenticity
- Community / social dynamics
Even if it might seem minor, at a glance, those small changes could have large ripple effects that changed how players related to the world and to each other.

That's how Ion expressed that decisions would be made.

Then again, we've got Right-click Reporting, 2-hour trade windows, character undelete, so just maybe Guild Banks will be seen as similarly having far more positives than negatives.

===

It is still an odd coding issue, though, because it means leaving in code and interface work that might originally have changed other things. Will they be able to tell that a particular item wasn't supposed to work that way and was only made to so guild banks could deal with them?
1 Like
So let's take our minds off subs and sharding and have a nice classic discussion about guild banks.
Guild banks are still by far the least impactful on gameplay and most spirit of Vanilla community change one could request.
Not only that the log keeps officers and gm's honest. Without logs they are free to skim off the top of donations and trivialize their epic mount purchase.
Thoughts?
i disagree giving everything you farmed to one guy to hold for the guild shows a great deal of trust. it not only promotes trust its puts in a position in the guild that is not really there in retail "the quartermaster"
3 Likes
I don't have any issue with more bank space or bag space for that matter. nor for allowing for large stacks of reagents.
2 Likes
11/05/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Micro
Thoughts?
i disagree giving everything you farmed to one guy to hold for the guild shows a great deal of trust. it not only promotes trust its puts in a position in the guild that is not really there in retail "the quartermaster"

Yea trust. So post your CC info and let's see how far trust goes in this community.
1 Like
Bag space is meant to be a resource in and of itself. If you give peoples bank-alts a bunch of low cost bag space in comparison to buying normal bags and what not then you will be influencing the market cost for bags. Which in vanilla high slot bags(the highest of which I believe was 18 slots) were fairly expensive, so reducing the cost to get high amounts of storage on a character would affect the overall economy.

Guild banks weren't introduced until patch 2.3, so it really has no right being in classic at this point.
11 Likes
My issue with guild banks is that inventory management is an important part of vanilla. Unlike retail we don't have unlimited storage options.

I remember when guild banks were first introduced, I created a personal guild for my alts so I had near unlimited storage.

The only way I would support guild banks is if they were incredibly expensive, and much much much smaller than what retail has.
2 Likes
Guild banks are indeed my dirty desire but ill bite the bullet and say they don't belong in classic.
5 Likes
The level one with a guild bank argument is bull and it doesn't effect you. But guild banks do effect you in a positive way. There is no sane argument against guild banks other than they weren't implemented until later.

It's similar to the 16 debuff limit. The thing is, these are things that blizz was working on and had intended to have in the game. They just weren't there yet.

The 16 debuff limit is something that would require rebalancing if it were dropped. Guild banks? They just make things better for pretty much all guild members. So what if a minor few people create their own guilds so they have more storage? It just means they have fewer characters on the server. That's it. Oh, and they spend a little less time logging in and out to move things around. There is no other advantage they gain.

You are being stupid if you think guild banks are bad. Seriously. Grow up.
6 Likes
11/05/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Hatchmark
Guild banks are indeed my dirty desire but ill bite the bullet and say they don't belong in classic.

i feel the same way about dual spec and hybrid itemization. half wish they'd explore it, half understand and respect they won't.
11/05/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Fritderk
The level one with a guild bank argument is bull and it doesn't effect you. But guild banks do effect you in a positive way. There is no sane argument against guild banks other than they weren't implemented until later.

It's similar to the 16 debuff limit. The thing is, these are things that blizz was working on and had intended to have in the game. They just weren't there yet.

The 16 debuff limit is something that would require rebalancing if it were dropped. Guild banks? They just make things better for pretty much all guild members. So what if a minor few people create their own guilds so they have more storage? It just means they have fewer characters on the server. That's it. Oh, and they spend a little less time logging in and out to move things around. There is no other advantage they gain.

Agreed 100%. They make it sound like alt storage and the mailbox didn't already effect inventory management.
If this was the big deal some claim mailbox and alt storage would not be allowed either.
2 Likes
1000g, 28 slots. No further upgrades. I would probably be fine with that.
5 Likes
11/04/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Padrepwn
11/04/2018 01:41 PMPosted by FellĂ­na
if they arent changing the code from 1.12 why would they add more code to it?

How long do you think it takes for them to code in an npc interface? The rest is obviously already there if lfd/lfr menu was "left over".

If the code is sacrosanct in order to keep it pure they arent going to add things there were not Vanilla. The only time this would be the case would be for GM support issues that would be resolved.
11/05/2018 06:34 AMPosted by FellĂ­na
11/04/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Padrepwn
How long do you think it takes for them to code in an npc interface? The rest is obviously already there if lfd/lfr menu was "left over".

If the code is sacrosanct in order to keep it pure they arent going to add things there were not Vanilla. The only time this would be the case would be for GM support issues that would be resolved.

Guild banks are already in the game. They will need to remove them. They are using the Legion client and going backwards. So a lot of the QoL stuff is being removed.
Guild banks will a 100% be there, no changes is a dead meme at this point.
1 Like
11/05/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Skjaldbjorn

There has been more than one idea like this that has been floated.
It does not have to be the same as retail.
However I will say this. Blizz never said one word about personal guild banks.
If it was this big deal some are claiming. Steps would have been taken to insure there were not being used by individuals.
So i think that is seriously being overstated.
I have no issues though if restrictions are made to keep them from being used like that but at the same time it's like well people will still use alts so what's the point again?
11/05/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Fritderk

and then people do not learn how to manager their own materials, objects or anything else. it also does not create trust between friends/guild mates. i learned to manage my space and do so effectively. instead of crying at blizzard to give me more, while i made no effort AT ALL.

its like sitting around and filling your room full of filth. instead of keeping it clean, you scream for mommy to give you a bigger room. if you wont learn now, you wont learn later and will continue screaming for more room. i want bigger bags now! give us 32 slotters! if you cant manage even 18 slots- you sure AF cant manage anything else.

case in point
11/05/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Skjaldbjorn

gtoh.
11/05/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Fritderk
11/05/2018 06:34 AMPosted by FellĂ­na

Guild banks are already in the game. They will need to remove them. They are using the Legion client and going backwards. So a lot of the QoL stuff is being removed.

There is no "clickable interface object" which a player can click to access guild banks in 1.12.

They do not have to "remove" guild banks. They simply have to refrain from adding that "clickable interface object" for guild banks.
1 Like