Guild bank missing items - what happened?

That’s what I’m saying!!! That’s why I won’t use the guild bank at all right now. Some one said at some point that on Blizz’s end, the items are still there which is why this is a hard fix (which… just… whatever) but most other people haven’t STOPPED using their banks, items are going in and out. Slots that are supposed to have one item are now filled with new items, people aren’t meticulously keeping track of each item removed (as well they shouldn’t have to). It’s all one big forking mess that I just don’t see being fixable, and the longer it takes the harder it will be, until eventually they will either have to roll back or say “we can’t replace the items, but here’s an amount of game time that utterly pales in comparison to the amount of time and energy you put into gathering those items.” Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. They need to rip this band-aid off FAST. (edit for typos, angry fingers make mistakes)

6 Likes

In this time period of the guild bank issue, I got BOTH Firelands mounts to drop. A roll back would be devastating for me.

4 Likes

14 days after the guild bank was emptied: no news, no explanation.
Everything that was inside must cost less than half today.
Come on champion, don’t cry or forget that Azeroth needs you!
/facepalm

4 Likes

They’re pursuing the best solution possible? They alleged it was merely a display issue. The best solution seems to be setting the invisible flag to visible unless it’s a more severe issue than that.

4 Likes

Please understand I have a lack of intelliegence here with all things STUPID… MY guild bank is a 8 tabbed gbank with about 99% capacity at the start of this issue… If the issue was a mear visibilty issue. wouldnt stand to say that the items were persent just not visible but yet when I insert items into a KNOWN populated slot it fills that slot…

So once and for all this isnt a VISIBLILTY issue the Items ARE GONE!!! not present… casue a populated slot cant be populated again without removing the original item…
Want to also point-out that there are 9 accounts connected to my gbank atm with all lof them seeing the same a EMPTY guild bank

So many Opiniopns have been made in this matter yet no SOLUTIONS from BLIZZARD there is only 1 atm ROLLBACK

I myself expressed solutions for guild masters not affected yet only to have those posts deleted from FORUM ADMINS which Shame on you admins for doing so

I have also expressed my cencern HOW and where this issue started only to be threaten with PERMA BAN …
Im in a unique position to help with testing due to I have 15 accounts 132 toons across 9 of those 15 accounts
I tracked down the casue of the issue and it is MALICIOUS against the player-base

6 Likes

Still waiting for the missing items to be returned.

9 Likes

I mean, our understanding of what they mean by visible may be different to what they’re actually trying to say. Rather than saying “yes they’re there in those slots and putting something in overwrites it”, they might be saying “we know on our database what items you have in that guild vault, even though you can no longer see or access them, and we just need to work out how to regenerate those items to get them back to you”.

Because at the end of the day, it is just a big database of info - they know what went in, they know what went out in a normal way, and they know what is showing now … so they should be able to work out from that, what they need to return.

4 Likes

You’re assuming that they didn’t have some sort of database failure. It’s possible that they don’t actually have accurate data about what’s missing.

That’s a worst-case scenario, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

6 Likes

Blizzard’s EULA says that in-game items belong to Blizzard and they can be given or taken away at any time and for any reason or no reason at all. I don’t agree with their logic, but…lawyers gonna lawy.

Given the gross negligence Blizzard has shown so far (two weeks, over a thousand posts, hundreds of thousands of labor-hours vanished, and not a single official response, explanation, or even a hint of a plan), it would be interesting to test their logic with a class-action lawsuit.

14 Likes

At the bottom it says overlapping slots is a concern. That says unsafe to me, but it’s clear we are talking about two different things being “safe”.

From what I gather new things put into the bank are probably safe. But items no longer visible may not be safe.

Obviously these aren’t physical containers and it’s been clear over the years that there is more “data space” than what we see, to handle certain problems that come up. However, we don’t see what’s going on and it puts me in an uneasy place.

5 Likes

I have lost 7 tabs worth of stuff in my guild bank for my guild. My wife approached me asking if I had removed anything, which I didn’t, and here I thought someone’s account got hacked and we got cleaned out. Logs showed absolutely not withdrawals, but the items we deposited (only some of the logs showed a deposit, even that log is sparse with information). The items are just not there. We have maybe a quarter of a tab between all of them, but haven’t touched the bank since in fears that moving an item will indirectly delete what was in that slot.

Our second guild bank, with only one of my toons in it, is completely untouched and perfectly fine. Logs show deposits and withdrawals fine, but I am concerned that this too will get wiped clean.

Both of these banks have years of items stored in them, and just… poof.

7 Likes

Then they should come out and say it in plain english instead of using vague language that leaves us to divine meaning.

9 Likes

My private guild bank 3/4 empty now…ive been playing from beginning 20 years ago ( when I was 40 years old) and have things in there -probably 4 full bags of items, blades, gear, etc no longer available and never equipped…and the sentimental things too!! I’m really frustrated and it sounds strange but don’t have the desire to play much lol… I hope for you all as well to get this figured out! Now preferably!

6 Likes

Same here, have hardly played wow the past week. Already trying out some new games im into. Not resubbing wow.

6 Likes

Still missing items from my bankers guild. Majority of the tabs are empty. All my hard work gone.

2 Likes

Yep, needs fixing.

2 Likes

Well, another reset and still a nearly empty bank.

4 Likes

I just got home from work, still broken I see?

Time to fire up Stardew Valley, I guess.

Nope, still not fixed in patch today. Watching AH and items stuck in my guild bank have lost ~400k value in the last 2 days. Needless to say, pretty angry that this bug hasn’t been priority and has gone on this long.

10 Likes

Same issue. I disabled all addons, reloaded and still missing items from guild bank.

Just realized it was reset day today and items still missing/issue not fix. Pretty big problem not to have fixed a.s.a.p don’t ya think Blizz? :frowning:

3 Likes