Guild bank missing items - what happened?

Just logged on and I am missing a ton of times. Battle Pets, Bags, Transmog, Materials. I didn’t have this issue yesterday. Noticed this happened today right after server maintenance. Yesterday I had items stuck and I couldn’t remove them, now it seems like those items have been removed and more. This happened on two different servers, Thrall and Lightbringer on two different guilds.

2 Likes

I have three guild banks that are affected:
Niedergang-WrA is, whereas Niedergang-MG is not; both are mine, but the MG guild isn’t used;
Corpse Dust Vendor-WrA is, whereas Corpse Dust Vendor-SoE is not (both mine, SoE isn’t used);
Schlechterung-WrA has no other NA guilds using that name.

I’m certain that guilds that are named the same have different internal IDs anyway, as there’s no obvious issues with characters being listed, etc.

1 Like

I am the GM of a Cutting Edge (CE) level guild, and we’re encountering a significant issue with our guild bank. It appears that our guild bank is broken, as many of our materials and goods are missing. This is a major concern for us, especially with around 60-100 active members who are gearing up for the new expansion and will need access to these resources.

With the new expansion bringing in fresh content and requiring new types of goods, it’s critical that our guild bank is functioning properly. Our members rely heavily on the bank for crafting, gearing up, and overall preparation. The current situation is frustrating, and we are very unhappy with this disruption.

Could you please look into this issue as a priority? We need to know how we can effectively interact with the guild bank when it’s in this broken state, and what steps will be taken to restore the missing items. Our guild is counting on this being resolved swiftly so that we can continue to perform at our best in the upcoming content.

4 Likes

Won’t help, but I had a few remaining items I couldn’t move anywhere in the first tab of my gbank, and they’re now gone as well, as of today.

3 Likes

I am the gm of Forsaken Gods on Area 52 & 97% of the GB is gone. Years of stuff since GB became available, every tab was basically full with only a few empty slots. Rare items & pets that have been held for safety. Only found out today about the issue when i saw the story on mmo-champion & logged in to check.

3 Likes

I had the same, I pulled everything I could from most of my bank tabs, leaving only the food tab because that stuff is pretty easy to farm, and now anything I couldn’t pull because it was still locked, is now gone, and most of my tabs are completely empty.

1 Like

Anyone else still have any stuck items in their gbank?

Logging in today all my stuck items were also gone, but everything else appeared the same. I’d already withdrawn all the valuables I could but I went ahead and took out all the nicknacks today too and was able to completely empty the bank.

I guess I’ll be going super old school in TWW and designating an actual banker alt. How’s that for some OG nostalgia in the year of our lord 2024. :laughing:

4 Likes

I had 4 or 5 objects until yesterday.
Now, there aren’t any.
Nothing.
7 empty tabs.

1 Like

I heard personal banks are equally effected, as well (I haven’t experienced it, yet) and 8 days ago, in an unrelated thread, I did share some items I still have in my personal bank, as a log source that I do have said items (not that Blizz accepts screenshots, but I digress), in my personal bank for memories:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/what-old-school-items-are-you-still-holding-onto/1915860/14

And, I just ask those to remain and everything else I had could be dumped.

1 Like

I haven’t done anything cross-realm with mine, roster is still the same as before with only characters from one faction on the same server. It could still be an issue on the backend regardless of what I’ve done in the game, though.

Just seems like the warband bank is the more likely culprit given the timing. Likely on the end of Blizz’s databases though, I doubt there’s anything a player could do on their end that would cause something like this.

I have unlocked one tab of the warband bank but I’ve only used it to quickly transfer a few items to alts on different servers, I didn’t want to rely on it for storage right away until I was sure there wouldn’t be any bugs. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I have 3 guilds (though 2 have been more impacted than the other), but all 3 have not changed, be it servers (within the year), guild master, didn’t change race nor did I invite anyone to them. Been alone in them since their creation, many many years ago. 2 of them have been on another server previously that I transferred over to my main server, over a year ago, however, those 2 do not match the 2 that have been the most impacted.

1 Like

Easiest and fairest thing will be just delay opening instanced content for a week or a month or however long it takes to sort it out. :slight_smile:

As far as I can tell, this started when the x-realm guild functionality was switched on.

4 Likes

Good luck with that… you don’t own any of those digital items, they are the property of Blizzard. You only pay for access to see and use them.

I just checked my main guild bank a minute ago, and nothing is back yet, but also nothing else appears to be missing either.

1 Like

I’ve already decided that for my return after being gone 9 months I am not going to even touch the guild banks until this is sorted out. I’ll just stick to mailing stuff to low level alts and moving stuff around that way until this is sorted out. I really hope they figure this out soon. Just a horrible thing for current, returning, and new players.

4 Likes

I thought that happened further back, but I guess warband banks did too.

Idk. Things be squirrelly.

2 Likes

33 items here. Same as you I was at least able to see them yesterday.

2 Likes

Our Horde guild vault is almost striped bare but our alliance and spare vault are fine??? the gold on all the vaults is fine to just items missing, no record in our logs of items being removed either.

1 Like

I’m the GM of Dungeons and Dorks
Sever turalyon.
Horde Guild

Login today and hope this would get fix with the maintenance but nope everything still gone in guild bank. been playing the game all the way back in 2007 and had items from way back then, this use to a guild with friends that play DnD but left the game back in WoD and i was given the guild to use for my alts to use. it is sad that i lost so much items from over the years and was trying to make a few transmogs. sucks that lost week’s worth of gathering.

On Staghelm sever i’m also the GM of Dungeons and Dorks as Jacksmith.
The funny thing is my alliance guild not missing any items in the guild bank at all.

Either way, Blizzard needs to fix this.

5 Likes

No change w/Tue update. No communication. No resolution.

6 Likes

I just checked my affected guild bank after the maintenance today and nothing I lost expensive items like Rousing and Awakened motes and many other motes from the guild bank but will blizzard refund us or replace items missing

3 Likes