Guild bank missing items - what happened?

Actually looking forward to the server restarts tomorrow. With any luck it will be fixed then and I can start selling stuff out of my bank alt’s guild bank.

1 Like

Having been on the other side, the silence could actually be a good thing. If they already have figured out what caused it and are confident that they can resolve it with positive results, then the pressure may be off them and they can work more casually.

Just because WE all feel like the sky is falling doesn’t necessarily mean the devs do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious, is there anyone with a guild bank that has not been affected?

Me too. All tabs are at least half empty. They were full of YEARS worth of blood, sweat and tears. I’m the GM and nobody else is in the guild except for my husband and our alts. No withdrawals in the logs.

Realm: Ravenholdt
Guild: Hooligans
GM: Lystan
Items missing: Food, cloth, herbs, gems, metal, patterns and recipes, holiday items, various dozens of types of reagents, consumables. Everything.

3 Likes

GM of Regulatørs on Hyjal:

1. Go to your Gbank and take a screenshot of each tab immediately.
  2. Do not remove anything (split stacks) or anything with the Gbank.
  3. Do not put anything into the Gbank since you may overwrite an item that disappeared.
  4. Check your logs for each tab see if repairs are being logged, see if any items are being reported as removed or replaced take a screenshot.
  5. Tell your officers not to mess with the Gbank until the issue is resolved.
  6. Do not remove any item - do not remove gold - do not change any permission you have set.

This way your info is stable and if they are going to return items / gold they can easily compare your now vs then.
If you already had items / gold disappear then its too late for the screenshots to help but take them anyway to avoid further loss.

2 Likes

A lot can not be replaced, like old Vanilla patterns that are no longer available.

They can give me the TWW expansion, give me a year gametime, it won´t fix what I have lost.

From day 1 this expansion was rushed and we pay the price for it.

9 Likes

Add mine to the list as well. Logged in one day and couldn’t add or remove items from guild bank. Thought I had a faulty mod so I disabled all to test, logged in later and was missing nearly 7 full tabs of items. I might have had 4 or 5 empty spots originally and now have maybe 9 filled spots across all tabs.

2 Likes

I just wanted to reinforce some things mentioned. DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES to the BANK especially attempting to deposit an item where something existed beforehand! It is crucial not to overwrite data just in case there is data loss causing this issue. Keep it just as it is so it can be recovered easier.

3 Likes

I tend to clean the bank out at the end of an expansion and sell the mats we wont need going forward. My issue is the same as yours, Pet cages and Mounts…are probably the most important thing, and well my mom’s tab which is now missing everything she collected in DF. Se hasn’t said a word after I told her what is happening, so I know she is irate.

4 Likes

In this case though, it doesn’t feel like silence is a good thing. People have lost a lot. And as much as I appreciate the few blue posts in the NA-EU threads, I feel like having an official post would take the pressure and stress off of a lot of people. I appreciate your positivism though, I’ve been super worried and it’s hard to break off from that.

It’s insane to me how a post was made about dragon isles supplies being no longer warbound transferable (aug 14th) and within a few hours, there was an official blue post saying they are working on a fix, and as soon as they got a fix, they’ll re-enable currency transfers. I feel like that’s what we need right now. If the fix is a month down the road, or if it’s uncertain, i’d be totally okay with that if i had that reassurance, that’s all.

People have been giving really good advice in the threads, on not to touch anything and such; I feel it would reach many more people if Blizz would make a post just mentioning what to do or not to do, heck, even lock guildbanks if it would help them fix things. I don’t know :confused:

9 Likes

Same problem with my guild vault. Every item in every tab gone. Completely empty.

Realm: Kul Tiras
Guild: Coffee Bean
GM: Payge
Items missing: Seems to be about 40% of food, cloth, herbs, gems, metal, patterns and recipes, various dozens of types of reagents, consumables. Everything. (mostly reagents for various professions)

I borrowed someone’s wording from above, as I did not include all of this in my previous post a few days ago. Also filled out bug report in game.

1 Like

All My tabs in My Guild that is used only for my characters to store reagents are gone. EVERYTHING IN ALL TABS GONE!!!

Still having this issue myself. I have not lost whole bank tabs, but I am unable to remove or deposit some items. others I can. It seems to be related to specific tab spots in my case. It has become really frustrating now for 3 days dealing with this. At least in the EU, they have a blue responding on their forums with some small updates just to let people know it is being worked on.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe the items are actually lost. I believe it’s just a database issue preventing them from being displayed.

3 Likes

I agree but if you are like most of us that save/horde (no pun intended) stuff for the use of others, then you might forget that stack of hundred food items and place a new stack on it over writing the original data. So yeah don’t touch it. Let them figure it out, hopefully they dont need to revert back to the old patch level to do so.

NEW VODS over Fixing gbank Shame on you blizzard

Yeah, I haven’t messed with my guild bank other than to look.

still an ongoing problem, i was able to withdraw all gold from my guild bank for safekeeping, have been depositing 9copper a day as a test and it still disappears.

The NPC goblin named Glutonia “The Greedy Baroness” in the Dalaran Horde Bank was a visionary.
Every time we go, she told us:
- look at all that… I hope nothing is going to be lost.
- Contact customer service if you lost any item! Hahaha…

5 Likes