Group Loot.....bad!

Complaining about it in the forums to spur change is taking responsibility for it. If it doesn’t make it into the game or the issues get addressed that is making for positive change.

We come here to complain about problems so they address. That is the purpose of the forums.
Do not come here and get annoyed because we are telling our problems with the change. They asked for feedback. It’s up to them to follow up and change accordingly.

Whatever happens in live environments will happen. If this change goes live, many probably don’t want to raid. For me I have less reason to want to go for transmog if I can get kicked and waste my time for it. Me discussing this now so they fix it is something that can happen.

Yes you’re right. If this goes live as it is, there’s options to gear outside the raid. People come across like they don’t see the other options.

I’m not going into lfr looking for gear upgrades. I will be going for transmog.

Personal loot was just better for it with the zero drama. I expect drama with this system though.

2 Likes

Easy fix, if it is not an upgrade, or even possibly a side grade (different secondary stats) you can’t roll need. They could even limit this to gear that can be mogged, as rings and trinkets (which can’t be mogged) can always be up in the air on if it is an upgrade or not.

1 Like

They’re very similar, the biggest difference is that the rolls are hidden with PL.

Yeah, nah. You don’t get to determine what reason people play the game. If someone is playing for transmog they’re just as valid as someone playing for upgrades.

2 Likes

If someone is playing for transmog, they can either form their own group or wait till they can run it with less people or solo it.

However, with the logic you used, it is too easy to fall into the “I can roll need because I need the gold or enchanting mats”. At least if they block need (greed is still open for all) people will be able to get better gear from whate3ver runs they do without some selfish donkey coming in and taking it.

1 Like

That’s the nature of the beast. If they win, they win. It is their piece and they can choose what they do with it. It’s the same with PL.

1 Like

because groups are 1 tank 1 heal 1 melee 1 caster / range and no1 fights for loot

raids are 2 tanks 2 heals 2 melee (that dont share gear ) 1 caster 1 ranged usually? the only ppl that fight is tanks heals and just armor

plus each kill is 1 token = 8 tokens = u go to vendor and buy whatever u want from the boss loot table

plus “valor” vendor that is the same ilvl as hard raids that any1 can get doing dungeons until weekly cap , like doing heroics for valor and buy same ilvl as mythic is slow process tho but in the end even casuals are geared too

plus trials bosses that u can repeat until u get everything u want (usually weapons + jewelry) and like raids 8 kills = 1 item from the boss loot table

plus 24 man raids that outside casual no1 goes for gear (glamour)

plus relic weapons , huge grind but guarenteed weapon upgrades all the expansion , with cool looking weapons.

if anything gearin in ffxiv is easy to gear up , no1 gets mad that other gain loot since in the end u will get it too by need or vendor

Yup if wow let us get a currency and buy from a raid vendor. It wouldn’t be bad. But they have not said that would happen. Therefore it just leads to more toxicity in pugs/lfr.

Which essentially means they can, if they want, dictate who is “worthy” of gear. Look, I am one that would likely roll greed unless it was an obvious upgrade, but then I am not one out to take upgrades from anyone and would rather see the gear used then sold/D/Ed if anyone needs it for an upgrade. I’d just let the roll of the dice determine which one of us that needs the upgrade gets it, and that might mean that one who it is a lesser upgrade for gets it over one who it is a major upgrade for. My only issue is I am trying to head off the “I needed this item as an upgrade and I lost it because some selfish donkey needed it for transmog/gold/enchant mats”.

1 Like

yep but wow is wow and u can kill a boss and never see the drop , or just the week u arent able to kill it , drops , or if it drops u dont win it (because roll , lack dkps , or because the council say so)

I am looting for transmog no matter what anyone thinks. Transmog lasts forever.

Ilvl last like what 3 months, a day? a week. Maybe like 13 months in a content lul.

Trasmog is life.

Thing is, even if need was barred, you could still get the item for transmog via greed (or maybe they could provide a transmog roll, and any that rolled for that got the look/a cosmetic version no matter what).

Transmog may last forever, but there is a reason some go back into older content for such. Though really, what is wrong with wanting those who need upgrades to have priority over those who are going for mogs/gold/mats?

1 Like

Not really. In a pug setting. There will always be people who need the gear unless you play at the end of the tier.

If the whole reason I play is to collect mogs, pets, and mounts. I will be needing stuff.

For my transmog collection. I could wait 4 years when the instance is soloable. Or pug for it. I wouldn’t want to wait with the cool mogs in DF.

Like this warrior set is from lfr… Tell me you wouldn’t need it.

1 Like

There’s also the problem that bosses can drop loot that no one can even equip. No DHs in your group? That’s too bad, cuz the boss dropped two of the same warglaive. No Surv Hunters or Feral/Guardian druids? That’s a shame, cuz RNGsus has decided an agi polearm is dropping from this boss every week for the next month-and-a-half.

1 Like

Ok, I would need it, but I might wish I could see who else was rolling need on it so I could see if it was an upgrade for them, if even one needed it for an upgrade, I’d roll greed or pass, if no one did, I’d need and try to snatch it up.

You are too nice. In LFR probably there will always be someone who needs it. The catalyst might make it possible to farm the transmog from mythic plus and mythic 0s though. But if it’s timegated with charges that will take a long time.

Also weapon mogs tend to be raid specific since for some reason creation catalyst doesn’t work with weapons.

Eh, I offer gear that is not an upgrade up for rolls, or give it to one that asks for it. The system I am asking for would just take the requirement for such out.

But what would you think of a tmog option on the roll selection, and rolling for t mog gets you the look no matter what?

And you determine this how ? Also, why shouldn’t I be able to roll on better secondaries ?

A 416 rings with better stats can be better than a 424 with wrong stats. How does the game determine this ? Have the game run background simulations to see what is and isn’t an upgrade ? What if the stats are better for AoE ? Multi-simulation.

You’re wanting to go somewhere you don’t want to go.

Personal Loot solves the issue without massive amount of rules and coding. Just let pugs have PL.

If only we had a loot method that was entirely personal that doesn’t have these issues where people get mad at what others win.

We could call it Personal Loot.

1 Like

I would rather get an ensemble for the raid like in Legion. Trial of Valor.

Legion did alot of things right.

Adding a raid ensemble was one of them.

If say we killed 100 bosses in the raid per character it would be nice to get a guarenteed ensemble from it for each class you do it with. Basically a bad luck protection system/ achievement for just doing the raid weely and eventually unlocking the ensemble.

For instance.

I also added a suggestion in beta to provide incentives for passing loot. Which can include gold, augment runes, crafting materials or other currencies for like a raid vendor.

That would make even people who don’t necessarily want to do things like lfr do it and have incentive to pass loot. And get some gold for helping carry the group for example. Or some disenchanting mats.

I also would like it if need/greed was like personal loot and generated loot that you can always use for your comp.

As is the current presentation sucks and is a downgrade. I would prefer personal loot with no trade restrictions and keep allowing me to not show my loot by not looting it.

Also I would just add a currency for a raid vendor. That unlocks gear based on which boss you killed. And just have a boss drop currency for bad luck protection like ff14. Passing can offer some of the currency. Could add some stuff like battle pets and mounts with that raid currency too. I wouldn’t do a need/greed system by itself.