Group Loot.....bad!

LFR is not a team-building experience. You’re not supposed to be donating gear you need to some targeted individual who will help your team in future weeks or tiers.

I’m not sure, I’ve never played FFXIV. But group loot is how things were done in WoW back in the day, and right now on the classic servers.

I have less-than-fond memories of the loot style, and I can’t imagine it being any better these days with the transmogrification system being an incentive.

If it means not dealing with 20+ weeks in a row of no drops from World Bosses, then I am all for it.

If not, then nothing has changed and I will still be agonized by lower drop rates than the Halibut Cannon before the changed acquisition method.

This is just repeating the talking points the Blues fed you. It’s also wrong.

PL didn’t allow someone to win more than a single piece off a boss, and PL didn’t allow loot no one could even use to drop. Right there are 2 massive differences already.

Psychologically, everything changes. People see you rolling need on something they don’t believe you need, they’ll be massively more angry than if the game just randomly assigned it to you.

Legion got it right. 80% guild group to enable anything that wasn’t PL. Drama went from 2 threads every minute on GD to 0 near instantly.

2 Likes

LFR should remain personal loot, no ifs ands or butts there, pugs made via group finder (not the queued ones) should have it as an option as there is no clue on if the group will benefit from group or master loot if they are not a set group that gets together for raids.

There will be those willing to help others out, but the goal of set groups is to make sure the group is able to progress, as long as a group is not “set”, neither should loot be able to be set in any way that takes the choice out of player’s hands.

1 Like

LFR isn’t raiding so what’s your point?

2 Likes

It works in FF14 because the loot is all BoP and they don’t have a “trade with others who were eligible within X hours” system. If you win the roll in FF14, then the loot is yours, period. You also can’t roll at all on items you cant use, and some items are Greed or Pass only.

Group loot is not master loot.

You’re confusing the two.

3 Likes

You are speaking facts. FFXIV has always been group loot and no one has ever complained about it

That’s because it also has craftable gear and vendors.

That’s how Need/Greed will work in DF and you also can’t roll on items that don’t match your Loot spec choice.

No one is saying otherwise, you will be able to roll on stuff you can use, like that 40 ilvl downgrade ring with completely wrong stats.

Shards are shards, vendor gold is vendor gold.

You absolutely can.

Let me point out… out of ALL of the factors that I listed, you latched on to the single least important one. The most important factor is that in FF14 dungeon loot CAN NOT BE TRADED. The winner of the roll gets the item, period.

What you’re talking about is mater loot not group loot…

raid leads have literally nothing to do with group loot…

the only thing that is changing is that you’re going to be seeing in the front-end what’s happening behind the scenes like it was in personal loot…that’s literally it.

all of that background stuff you didn’t even know was going on is just coming to the front so that there’s more transparency…I’m sure the backend logic in personal loot was already accounting for a “need” variable…which is why I say, this is all for show…nothing is truly changing…

LOL so what? You posted bad info and I corrected it.

Only as an Off Spec roll which will lose to Main spec.

But won’t lose to Greed.

Plus, nothing prevents you from just switching from Loot spec to Loot spec on a per boss basis.

You mean like we do right now with PL?
And an Off spec Need SHOULD lose to a Greed roll. That’s the whole point.

You’re grasping at straws.

Difference being your tanks will be more miffed when you roll on the Group’s tank trinket, vs when the game just declared you a loot winner and you asked for a Tank item.

You’re about to discover a whole world of loot drama you never thought possible.

I didn’t post bad info. I stated how it works in another game that someone tried to use as proof that the system works fine. I outlined the full details of their system. You took my statement out of context and zeroed in on the single least important factor, which just so happens to be the ONLY FACTOR SHARED.