Group Loot.....bad!

It’s not.

Yes because majority is more important than minority.

Have you thought about joining a guild?

I will continue being correct.

2 Likes

I’m just glad we don’t already have 50 other threads on this.

1 Like

Exactly, no need to fix a system that works, that is friendly to casuals and pugs. Only people wantings this is non-casuals. I remember playing WoW when it was not casual friendly and trust me the game felt elitist and you felt excluded. Only hardcore gamers had good gear, rest of us were in crafted blues. Trust me we dont want that.

How does this at all do that? And secondly, no. You are just flat out wrong and lying. The game has never been so elite that casual players were forced into crafted blues. If by casual you mean really crappy players then sure I guess.

1 Like

This doesn’t read well.

3 Likes

How does PL limit it anymore than Need/Greed? In both cases the loot goes in your bag if you win the roll and in both cases the player chooses to trade or not.

No one can force you to trade right now and no one will be able to force you to trade in DF. Raid Leaders can kick you now for not trading if they choose to and they’ll be able to do the same thing in DF.

1 Like

How do you still no understand how the new system works? Do you seriously believe that with Need/Greed a Raid leader controls who gets the drops from a Boss?

1 Like

With personal loot you can just not loot the boss and collect after the end of the run from mail to avoid any harassment about “loot rules” because until YOU loot the boss, it doesnt send a notification to chat about the drop. With group loot, harassment is unavoidable. That harassment is how people manage to enforce their selfish “loot rules”.

1 Like

I can see it now, groups with titles…
“Weaps/Trinks/Tier reserve for RL or kick”

1 Like

Other problem is what happens if I win the first roll? Does that stop me from rolling for the rest of the raid? Is it possible for me to win twice or three times while someone else always rolls low numbers? I just dont see how this is a better system. Just keep loot personal and up the drop rate. Problem solved.

3 Likes

I agree. It’s all these little twisting in other people’s heads that is the reason for not going group loot.

When you involve other people in the loot, they will get upset.

If I’ve learned anything in my years on this planet it’s that if someone wants something they will make any excuse for it.

And Warcraft isn’t different. If someone wants a piece of loot, they will find any excuse why they deserve it more than the person that got it or wants it.

I plan on needing on EVERYTHING I can. Everything.

1 Like

Good!

Now the world firsters and streamers can have all the loot and only play the game for a few weeks.

Not buying the expansion. The nail in the coffin for me with this game.

Then don’t join those groups. Ez

2 Likes

Ok bye. I wish I could say that you will be missed

2 Likes

Not how it works. You chose need or greed on items that you can use only. Its also set to your loot spec. If your currently ret spec but your loot spec is set to holy then you roll on holy gear. No one hands the loot out so there is no loot ninja. If you are wearing the item at the same ILVL then you cant roll on the item unless it has special stats such as leech and yours currently doesnt.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’re putting main spec over off spec so your Need loot is silo’d so if you have someone who just intends on DEing they can only roll their main spec loot… So seeing as how I ran into very few DE Needers in WoW’s group loot history minimizing that group even more makes me think this will happen a whole lot less than people fear.

Compounding it sounds like a player issue rather than a loot rules issue. More reason to group with friends, guild, etc.

Having Group Loot as an option would be beneficial for cutting edge guilds, I suppose. But what about the rest of us?

I say keep it personal loot as default and set it to group loot through a “/readycheck” style command where every person has to agree to group loot or else it stays as personal.
That way, PUGs aren’t screwed over like it sounds like they would be with group loot.

Just my two cents. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

The system worked fine the way it was, it was casual friendly. Group loot is unnecessary and no ones asking for it! If no one is asking for this change than why are they pushing it?

1 Like

group loot is just personal loot with an extra step and added ‘control’.

can the raid leader boot you for needing on something they dont want you to need on? yep.

can a raid leader boot you for any reason whatsoever? yep.

nothing changes except a little window we have to press a button.

personally, i just wanted personal loot without trade restrictions. group loot is fine without trade restrictions as a second option.

1 Like

isnt the loot system in ffxiv group loot? you have to choose ‘need, greed, pass’. i pugged everything i did in that game and it was fine. its all still just rng. added rng because you dont know if everyone will roll need or not.

1 Like