Group Loot.....bad!

So the problem is with the players and not the system, as usual.

1 Like

You are way too trusting of other people in the community if you honestly think that. People will try to dictate “loot rules” at the start of runs, they will initiate kicks on anyone who “violates the loot rules”, and pugging in general will become extremely toxic again. GL enables this sort of behavior. PL limits it.

1 Like

Lies, i find that hard to believe. 6 alts and ive never experienced that. Always get a piece of gear on personal loot, at least one piece. On group loot less likely, your now rolling against everyone, chances far less likely. No matter how you spin it, its a unfavorable change.

Personal loot was a lot of behind the scenes information without transparency. It was based on the people in your group. And it was based on item level.

Essentially personal loot worked like this: If you have a group of 20 people, and 15 of them wear cloth, then you will have a much higher distribution of cloth overall because of math. However, if you had people of various item levels, and some people lower than the loot dropping, then they wouldn’t be able to trade. This caused discontent in organized environments where people progressed as a team because they couldn’t help their friends.

Based on the blue post provided, group loot is going to be changed and revamped significantly from the older version, but the short version is this is going to be much more transparent.

Now when loot drops, it won’t be so determined based on the group comp and it will be in front of you but there are safety measures in place. If a piece drops and you need it, you hit need. If a piece drops and you don’t need it, you hit greed. If a piece drops and you cannot equip or otherwise use it, you will not have the opportunity to roll need on it at all and just will simply roll greed anyway. With this, trade restrictions are also being removed, but fail safes are being put in. For example, if a boss drops two pieces of the same thing, if you roll need on both of them, if you win one you cannot win the other as your roll is then removed.

Overall, group loot for raiding is going to be much more transparent and open. And it will be much more beneficial for organized groups progressing together as a team.

2 Likes

How group loot works is instead of each player that is randomly selected by the system to get a piece of loot receiving a random piece of loot off their loot table (according to their loot spec), the loot is chosen randomly by the system from the entire loot table. As players loot, the loot appears on the screen for everyone to roll on. You will only be able to roll Need (“I need this because it’s an upgrade for me”) on a piece of loot that you can equip and is an upgrade for you. If you want it to disenchant or vend out, you would roll Greed. If you don’t want it, you Pass.

Basically what this means is that groups will be getting gear that no one in the group can equip. So unless the drop rate is increased to compensate, people will be getting less usable gear.

The hunter who is talking about how exciting it is to have the opportunity to roll on a nice bow is not taking into consideration that he may only see weapons for survival, while he plays MM or BM. Or the many groups that will see a bow drop but have no hunter in them.

Imagine if you are in a group without hunters, you kill a hard boss, and all 3 items that drop are something no one can equip. That can happen.

3 Likes

It really doesn’t. If it is a problem for you to have GL then go play another MMO, like FFXIV. OH WAIT THAT HAS GL AND NO ONE COMPLAINS

1 Like

This is 100% false.
You’re either trolling or something I can’t say on here

5 Likes

Your trolling, on a full raid or close to it i always got gear and im talking about 6 alts. Personal loot is much better, group loot lowers the chances of getting loot. I guess maybe im lucky but i almost always got loot.

That’s going to happen no matter what the loot system is.

The only people complaining about this are selfish players who don’t know what teamwork is.

5 Likes

It’s not but keep thinking it is.

1 Like

Nope, I just have an understanding of basic math and probability.

and English.

3 Likes

Then those people play with crappy raid leaders. It’s that simple. You are throwing a for just to throw a fit lol.

1 Like

To me, it seems like ya’ll are throwing a fit for an unnecessary change. There was a reason Blizzard went to Personal Loot. There is no reason to go back.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

1 Like

How does a raid lead distribute loot through the Group Loot system?

It’s built into the UI to distribute based on rolls - regardless of what the raid lead wants.

2 Likes

Initial thought: won’t the secondary market for BiS gear open up a little? No BoP, right?

Do you have a single source to back this up? You keep stating this but unless you have actually done beta raid testing, you don’t know if any less or more items are dropping per boss than right now. And while there may be wasted loot due to not having certain classes, that really isn’t any different than wasted loot that can not be trade but won’t actually be used.

2 Likes

Except all the reasons you are raging about can happen with personal loot. None of us are throwing a fit making posts blowing everything out of proportion that we can jsut to try to make out point sound better. Nice try though buddy.

1 Like

But it is bro, maybe not for you specifically but for the rest of us puggers it is! Keep thinking its not though!

This is such flawed logic.
In essence, you’re saying that you’re not allowed to admit your mistakes.

1 Like

Lol yeah personal loot is so great when you want an item off certain boss, and the boss right before drops you a piece of duplicate loot you don’t need. You know you aren’t getting squat then.

2 Likes