Group Loot.....bad!

It usually comes to sitting a couple people or bringing a couple pugs. Worth it to not sit guildies. I’d prefer all guild and that’s what we shoot for but almost always need 1-2 pugs.

You’re funny thinking I’m playing a game.

I am here for debate with qualified people. You aren’t qualified to debate the topics.

All you do is repeat the same drivel no one cares about.

BFA raid boss loot was like every 3rd, ppl complained so they made it every 4-5 boss.

Bliz wants players to play longer so bringing back group loot so you see the item or 2 a boss drops then roll for a chance at it and now you get to do a whole raid zone and not get any loot so players are playing longer and paying longer as well.

Just leave personal loot as is and bring BFA raid loot drops back.

1 Like

It’s disingenuous when you say one thing, but really mean “I’m just here to feed my raging confirmation bias, echo chamber members only please, everyone else is a troll”

The GL 2.0 is still horrible, for the same reasons ML was horrible for the general populace. Wide open trading rules will lead to abuse the same way they did before.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s not how group loot works.

They need to give us the option between group, master and personal loot.

2 Likes

This is Blizzard breaking a system that is working great to force more drama. Group loot sucks and there was a reason it was removed.

Probably gonna take a break from dual wield classes. I remember it taking ages to get a set for my frost dk back in wotlk.

No good reason why there isn’t more options (group, master and personal) isn’t provided. They’re solving a “problem” they created. Just give the options back

It’s not going to prevent split runs. It just makes them easier. Since the trade restriction was what enabled splits. This just enables doing split runs with 4 mains at a time. One cloth/leather/mail/plate at a time and just give them all the loot. You do that like 5 times and you can gear a raid more easily.

I’m still not sure what abuse GL opens up that isn’t already possible with PL.

Everyone rolls on everything, thus you could have a guild group go into a raid and with the numbers on their side get all the loot. To avoid that there needs to be restrictions on rolls and trading and honesty on the guild groups side to let people know what is going on when you enter that raid.

The later is why group loot is a bad idea.

Is also how personal loot works. The game just rolls for the player behind the scenes.

GL does have the mainspec need restrictions, so if a mage, hunter, and a DK are trying to help each other gear, they can only roll need on items for their own class.

Ok Bloody whatever you say. End of the day you’re still unqualified to have a credible opinion.

ML isn’t horrible
GL isn’t horrible.

You can’t be abused in a group you voluntarily join and agree to the guild/groups loot rules.

Personal loot wasn’t “working great” it was absolutely awful.

It was removed because people don’t understand how loot rules work.

How does GL prevent you from getting weapons aside from PL?

Yeah no.

That’s not how group loot works. Guilds can still join groups and only share gear between the guild members.

Restrictions on trading were removed for GOOD REASON.

Except YOU CAN because we know to well how people love to change rules around to benefit themselves. I can so see people saying soon as X boss is killed, "oh BTW Shaman, thanks for the lust, but Bill here has been trying to get that trinket for weeks. We are going to go ahead and ask you not to roll need on it m’kay… " At which point you have the option to roll need and then get kicked from the raid, or not in hopes they dont change the rules again…

And this is not possible in PL?

Because it seems completely possible to whisper someone after a boss telling them to trade an item, and kick them if they don’t.

Again that’s not how the system works :joy:

Thank you again for showing you have absolutely zero clue how it works.

It’s not master looter so stop treating it like master looter.

Please wipe the crap out of your eyes and re read what I posted…

I KNOW its not master looter… DID YOU actually read what I said… I said the Raid Lead could ask you to PASS on the ITEM so the person they wanted said trinket to go to could ROLL NEED and get it… THAT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MASTER LOOTER… MASTER LOOTER WOULDNT GIVE ANYONE THE OPTION TO ROLL ON ANYTHING…

I use ML in TBCC and WrathClassic paired with EPGP system… I KNOW how ML works. WE are not talking about Master Looter… M’kay, do you understand… We are talking about GROUP LOOT… Please dont confuse the two…

For crying out loud…

Incase you do not know, when your the master looter. When YOU the Master Looter clicks on the boss corpse or the chest. You get a pop up dialog where you can choose who to pass the loot to. THERE IS NO ROLLING ON ANYTHING IN ML… YOU CHOOSE WHO IT GOES TO… Its up to the raid lead if they want people to roll in chat, use EPGP addon or loot council their heart away.

2 Likes

There is no difference in that scenario between pl and gl.

If you pass that’s your own fault.

And you clearly don’t understand how GL works.

I know how master loot works.

Again sorry you don’t understand how GL works

Its your choice YES…

Thats your argument. Telling people they dont know how something works just because you dont have a single thing to add to a debate. Pretty lame… Typical of a forum troll…