Group Loot.....bad!

Nope. Post something on topic, and we can resume as normal. But as usual, you’ll just pick out a spot you’ll obviously win, and I wont engage, then you’ll whine.

Why would anyone drink from a poisoned well.

1 Like

I have asked you why the reaction to GL isn’t just an over reaction and your reasoning for that stance 5 times. That is the topic of the thread, is it not?

Group and Master Loot puts players at the mercy of others, often in ways that aren’t fair. – Ion Hazzikostas 2018
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/7554-Developer-Q-A-with-Ion-Hazzikostas-Battle-for-Azeroth

That’s why

1 Like

Now evaluate that claim in the context of the current GL system, as it is explained by the blue posts in the beta forums.

How does GL put me at the mercy of others, when I am free to need on any item intended for my loot spec and have the same chance of winning it as anyone else who can also roll mainspec need on it?

1 Like

Player behavior. The wow community abused it in the past using social pressure and nothing has changed since then. People are still people.

So how is this different than a group telling someone to trade an item that PL gave them or get kicked? And, if people are so willing to risk killing their group by doing that as is implied, where are all the threads about that happening?

You didn’t have to pick up the loot. And the trading rules were a preventative measure.

There were thousands of posts, endless threads. Plenty of people have come here and testified to their existence.

Moot point reguardless, because the game director point blank said it happened a lot. Period.

I haven’t openly insulted anyone based on their career

I’m not a hypocrite so that would not be true.

So to avoid loot rules you don’t like, you’re supposed to ninja loot?

Any chance you can link some?

I’ll agree that he said it happened, but I will contest a lot. The theory as to why this was removed was that they were actually trying to kill the community perception boss, and just used language that made it sound like they were “protecting the players from themselves”, which I also don’t think should be blizzards job. Player problems are best resolved by player solutions.

You’re entitled to your opinion. You can think whatever you want.
However, it’s “your theory”, not “the theory”.

Career … naw, but you do openly insult people. Your high horse fell over bro.
And since you’ve mentioned it a few times now. I apologize.

I assume you’re trolling. But I really don’t like GL. I foresee all guild member who can roll need, will roll need, regardless of whether it’s an upgrade for them. And then trade to fellow members. This really only impacts pugs.

Though I can say the first time an items drops that no one can use it’s going to really piss me off. They’ve stated that is an acceptable issue to fix splits. Personally I think designing raiding philosophy or gameplay in general around world first guilds is asinine. But ion was one and that’s what he brings. I don’t see how BFA and SL can be seen as a success in terms of listening to community feedback and it sucks that DF is looking like much the same.

I will state once again that all everyone mostly wanted was removal of restrictions and a small minority wanted ML. Instead we’re all forced into GL. I remember when it was abused back in the beginning times. I understand remembering with rose colored glasses but damn.

Counterpoint: most guild probably won’t invite pugs to begin with.

It’s the theory held by enough of the higher end raiders that I’ve talked to as well. But the point behind it still stands: Why is it blizzard’s job to protect players from themselves? Why do wow players need to be treated like children, unable to make decisions for themselves?

1 Like

And you clearly missed my sarcasm. Pretty ironic of you to claim BTW, since you didnt look at my character also… But hey… Lets all just say random things to degrade each other instead of having a factual conversation. That seems to be what you want to do with everyone anyway.

1 Like

Most guilds… you speak for all of them now. Lots of normal and heroic guilds will. Did you forget those exist? How about custom pug groups, those count too.

There are a lot more people that raid that just high end raiders, that this change matters to. Exactly what i was referring to when i said your viewpoint was too narrow.

As to the nanny state. Precedence. The same reason there is a social contract now that you have to click.

Telling someone they aren’t smart enough to have a conversation isn’t an insult especially when it’s in response to a known troll.

Though it’s even more clear you’re Bloody now. I must have really hurt your feelings.

Why would I need to look at your character? Your character doesn’t have anything to do with your lack of knowing how group loot works.

You not understanding how GL works is factual.

It most certainly is. This is called dehumanize to justify. Mental loophole so you can justify mistreating him.

1 Like

I don’t treat you any different than you treat me.

In fact you actively seek me out and engage me in conversation so that’s pretty irrelevant :man_shrugging:t3:

Ahh more insults while claiming to hate people that insult people.

Definitely giving off Bloody vibes.