Group Loot.....bad!

Group loot DOES allow for a “pseudo” Master loot - primarily because WITH group loot, they’re making it so that all loot can be tradeable, regardless of player ilvl.

So everyone can roll need and then the GM/Officers will determine who gets each piece.

This of course is really only applicable in guild groups. There’s really no way to enforce this in Pugs.

Which doesn’t change anything because the majority of guilds run with rc loot council or another loot addon.

The issue is people who don’t raid are confusing group loot with master loot.

It’s a big emphasis on “Pseudo”… since any individual players can tell the GM/Officers to F-off and keep what they won.

And honestly, I think the majority of guild that tries to coordinate that madness are just going to be leaking members every boss like a siv.

It’s actually a HUGE change because all loot will now be tradeable. Before if someone won a piece that was their highest ilvl in that slot, they wouldn’t be able to trade it.

The trade off, for some ungodly and sad reason, is that the boss can drop items for a class that doesn’t exist within the raid.

That doesn’t really happen with raiding guilds - and by that I mean Mythic raiding guilds.

You don’t follow guild rules, then you just get kicked. Simple as that.

Personally, I wouldn’t join a Mythic raiding guild if they weren’t using a “master loot” system in some fashion.

Gearing the raid team properly for progression and CE is fairly important to just yolo loot to dice rolls.

The counterpoint to your trade off, is that there will be fewer wasted jewelry/cape drops, as they will no longer have up to 10-20x the drop rate of weapons.

Yeah there’s pros and cons - but my point was that the trade-off I mentioned doesn’t even need to exist.

They can just program the group loot system to look at raid composition first before generating the loot that will get rolled off.

I just think of it as an incentive to bring a diverse raid comp. For mythic, blizzard has gone on the record and said they think it’s reasonable that a guild be able to field at least 1 of every class if the need arises.

You really have no idea how raiding works at heroic and mythic levels :joy:

1 Like

I understand that, and yes, for a team of 20 players who are all on the same page, it’s like Master Looter exists and it’s good because now they have options.

The whole thread is being argued from a point of “now officers and guildmasters will distribute everything” unilaterally… which just is not the case. Most guilds who aren’t chasing CE will never be able to make this work with random members who show up on Raid Nights and are told to give the gear they just won to another player because the leader told them to.

The rules are made for everyone lfr - mythic, not just you and your buddies.

your opinion, which is fine, but it’s not truth or fact.

1 Like

I mean that as in most raid guild sat heroic and up are already using addons like RCLoot council anyways.

As long as I stop seeing 3-4 of the same neck drop off a single boss I’m ok with that.

You should probably work on your reading comprehension.

That comment was in response to someone claiming guilds that would control loot are going to “leak members like a shiv”

Meaning you fully failed to comprehend the context of the statement as most guilds are already using loot addons

Swing a miss there lil guy.

And you really have no idea how people work at pretty much all but CE levels.

Master Looter is very unlikely to work when the Master cannot do the Looting.

Actually I do have an idea as I have moved up and down the casual heroic to hardcore mythic raiding this expansion.

People at most levels are already using loot addons so your comment doesn’t make any sense.

There is no master looter.

Being more than halfway through every mythic raid this expansion says otherwise but nice try

You’re now 0 for 2

Snoz, you aren’t a mythic raider. Your a heroic raider, that occasionally picks off the silly easy first few bosses in mythic.

Lol get off it. You overgear the bosses and throw bodies till it dies. Zero skill

3 Likes

You do realize people who hit ilvls higher than they have literally cannot give up the item ever since personal loot became a thing?

At most people are trading lower ilvl stuff than they already have.

Starting to think you don’t actually know how looting works currently.

2 Likes

Lol I killed painsmith pre nerf so again wrong :joy:

If you actually think I’m taking season 4 seriously loool

I know how personal loot works. Which is why I hate it and I’m glad it’s gone.

Actually you can trade equal ilvl stuff as well.

The irony considering you clearly don’t know how PL or GL works.

Right…

Okey dokey champ. You have yourself a great little day.