Group Finder Needs to Go

Irrelevant. Considering that Classic WoW already existed so most people know what’s to come.

Hence why it’s divisive. You have the people who know what it actually is, and then you have the trendies and people blinded by Nostalgia. Who think it’s going to be the same.

Judging by the “these aren’t bugs” list, people have no idea what’s coming in Classic.

I’ll be honest, I played classic. I did not enjoy it. In fact, I left the game and didn’t return until Pandaria because of it, and it was the massive QoL improvements introduced over the game’s life that encouraged me to give the game another chance. I’m thrilled that Classic is returning for those among the player base who did enjoy it, but rolling back QoL changes would get me to reconsider my subscription.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure WoW will survive me leaving if it comes to that, they’ve done well for themselves without me before, and I’m sure they will again, just throwing my two cents out there.

Well of course there’s nostalgia that goes with it but that doesn’t all of a sudden mean that it wasn’t a quality experience. I don’t think anyone thinks it’s going to be the exact same experience going back then when they picked up the game for the very first time. That’s impossible.

But with the systems that they had back then and how the game functioned, it did a better job at having players work together to achieve a living breathing world. Having people everywhere from different servers doesn’t equate to a community in my opinion.

The clear answer at this point is to make separate servers without QoL features starting at the beginning of next expansion. We can essentially have 2 games. 1 has 4 different difficulties with QoL and the other can be played without QoL. The way expansion worlds can be designed without difficulties and countless hearthstones/que buttons in mind is going to be fairly interesting to see.

This won’t fix the bigger problem blizzard has with making prior content irrelevant but they can fix that when they decide to make wow 2.

When looking at the bugs listing I think that there are definitely little things that could have been forgotten over time. There’s nothing that I can see while looking at the list that was a big “no duh” thing that people should know was a thing in Classic.

Personally I loved MoP due to the class design and the world they created. And since there wasn’t any CRZ introduced until like…halfway I think that my realm flourished with both RP and WPvP. Guild rivalries was a thing as well as those same guilds having RP bases that we’d claim and defend when announcements went out via World Defense that they were under attack.

With all the sharding that has gone on, random RP interactions have become few and far between outside of the main faction cities. And since warmode has introduced all of these shards with warmode (which we were told before that RP realms would have their own shard) having server rivalries is yet again pretty dead since you’re fighting people you’ll more than likely never see again.

Decisions like that are what I’m talking about. Personally, I don’t see the game doing too well. I’m left in speculation on whether or not that being true since there’s so little information on where the subs are at this time. In my opinion, something has to change. And I hope Classic helps in that regard to get the game back on track for a player like myself.

2 Likes

I like how people magically assume classic will have a great community.

7 Likes

Flidaisa’s pov comes from people who don’t like mmos period. It’s not that people are blinded by nostalgia, it’s that this person forgot how much they hated mmos.

1 Like

Yeah, I hate 2005 era grind, what about it?

I’m already aware from previous conversations with him. It confuses me personally.

To quote Garrosh.

I have more important things to do in life than waste time grinding for ‘immersion’. I pay the subscription I should be able to choose how I play the game.

2 Likes

I agree some people like to live in the past and think about how “great” things used to be. Even though their memory of the past is not accurate.

3 Likes

Lives are cloths woven from choice and circumstance. Pull one thread and the thing is ruined. They will never get classic back, they will never be 14 years old again. It will not be as difficult as they remember, and they will not have the community that was young and innocent.

2 Likes

pats head

Aww. You pay a sub too? That’s cool. Well if you have more important things to do in life it strikes me as odd to put down 15 for it rather than take care of said important things. But that’s just my opinion.

I only have so much time, retail does not take up too much time, classic however does. I am sorry that you can only think in absolutes.

1 Like

Its not Group finder that needs to go its everyone that says it needs to go that should go… sorry to be harsh but I am sick of idiots complaining about something That I use alot & enjoy , If you don’t like it don’t use it , I don’t like Mythic but I have never posted take it away , I hate PVP but again I don’t biitch and whine about it I just don’t do it…

9 Likes

Wow, you are really hard pressed if you think 15 is a lot of money. In fact, it is pretty cheap entertainment all things considered.

2 Likes

And I’m happy that it does. Hoping Classic does well enough to warrant a BC and Wrath expansion as well as change retail for the better.

You’re misguided in thinking things from the past have some inherent virtue. 14 years of game design strayed away from Classic for a good reason.

2 Likes