Group Finder Needs to Go

With the release of Classic beta we can see the clear problem with WoW. Ever since the group finder was put in and expanded, server communities have suffered. Slowly from Wotlk to the WoD pre-patch it got worse where now servers are non-existent. It has to go. All of it. LFD, LFR, Premade finder, queueing for arenas and bgs. It doesn’t matter what you do to the game, this will always be the cancer killing it.
If you work on WoW in anyway, remember that. It doesn’t matter what cool zones you create, what cool spells you think of, or what awesome raids you build. None of it matters without server communities. It’s a MMORPG afterall.

Edit: To people saying it won’t happen, remember the “WALL OF NO” for classic. Blizzard does listen.

97 Likes

ya those have been dead for a decade and removing group finder won’t bring them back.

164 Likes

The tool isn’t the issue. The people who use it are. Other games have dungeon finders (even more robust ones), yet they don’t have the problems WoW does in regards to community.

86 Likes

then quit and wait for classic. im fine with my guild

54 Likes

DPS players already complain about long queue times now. Can you imagine what it would be like with no LFG tool? I remember it. Depending on the time of day you were playing, it could literally take hours to put a group together to say nothing of actually doing the dungeon.

85 Likes

LFR/LFD isn’t the reason people aren’t talking to each other. I try to make small talk in every group and hardly any one responds.

The tool isn’t the issue, the people are.

116 Likes

A dungeon should be for people who want to work together as a team to do content. Not a solo player experience. What’s the point of mindlessly clearing something with no challenge and no interaction?

4 Likes

Nope, group finder doesn’t need to go. It is you that needs to go… To Classic.

101 Likes

If you don’t like it then don’t do it. Regular/heroic dungeons are a joke with or without LFD. If you want harder content, do harder content.

What you’re looking for exists, you just want to remove content that you see is below you. If you don’t like it, don’t use it

62 Likes

And the group finder puts those people in contact with each other quite fast.

this is a player issue, not a features issue. selfish idiots existed even before dungeon finder. The useless turd who’d bail after getting the quest item 4 others carried them too, or the tank who QQ’d and left thus ending the run instead of instant new replacement.

the same point in every dungeon grind: rep, gear, quests…

32 Likes

I could just as easily ask, “What’s the point of spamming trade chat for hours on end to no success?”

I do understand what you’re saying here. Doing stuff with friends (or at least friendly strangers) is infinitely preferable to doing the same stuff with at best silent and at worst actively hostile strangers. I just don’t think the game in its current state can sustain that.

22 Likes

Waiting for people to start complaining about no tanks in classic.
Complaining about having to go back to a city to find a new tank.
Waiting for the Classic version of Raider IO.
Seeing people in Group Finder trying to find people for classic raids.

29 Likes

With no lrf and group finder people will be forced to play toons that crank out the best dps and healing. You wouldn’t be able to play what you like with the pressure of finding a group that wants you. It’s bad enough that mythic+ is so toon driven now a days.

15 Likes

be fair , with the go go mentality even in low level dungeons I have the choice of dpsing or typing.

guess which I pick.

fix the blizz chat and people might talk more.

10 Likes

You mean none of it matters to you unless everyone is in a Guild were playing the game becomes a job where you work for the few at the top off the Guild!

People use the LFG because with the LFG no one is telling them what class/spec they have to play in order to benefit the GM and his/her group of friends at the top. They also do’t have to work like a hive of workers bees funneling the best gear and consumables to the GM and his/her friends!

You want to be a worker bee, or the Queen Bee ordering others, it your choice but you don’t get to decide what is right for the rest of the Players!

29 Likes

You would also need to undo the sharding system for this to work.

But let’s be real… The chances of the automatic group finder being removed are the same of they removing something like transmog: practically zero, because it turned out to be an extremely popular feature, despite any opinion.

12 Likes

Remember the “WALL OF NO” for classic? Blizzard DOES LISTEN

1 Like

Have to agree with this one.

My own experience with FFXIV, which also has an LFD-style tool called the “Duty Finder”, more or less holds up to that point. People are much nicer over there, and the tool has very little to do with it.

However, it’s not necessarily the people themselves only. The way the content is structured could be a big factor. Crazy and endless mass pulls, overpowered heirloom gear, and the general drive to just rush your way to the level cap are bigger issues in my opinion; it’s just fostered the wrong sort of community people want in this game.

Conversely, WoW Classic is just structured differently (to tell the truth, FFXIV probably has more in common with Vanilla than it does with modern WoW)… and I think people will rather quickly noticed the difference and we’ll see results fairly quickly. It encourages people to enjoy the experience and the journey, not just rush their way through the game.

… and that makes all the difference in the world.

9 Likes

They did that for a reason ( now i am not saying its good or bad)

Most servers are desert few people on them and would implode they (blizzard) does not want to merge servers for what ever reasons

And if they choose to stay in a role which requires the least effort it should be so.

1 Like