Group Finder Needs to Go

Yeah, this I think is a good counter point. I don’t personally mind having an incentive to run with your community.

BUT…for small servers, this would create an unfair disadvantage I think.

Again, good point. Thank you for the insight.

Um, no one talks in FF14 duty finder dungeons, you are lying. They might say hi, but it is nothing like it was in Vanilla. FF14 doesn’t have negative experiences because “NO ONE TALKS”!!!

FF14 has the same issues WoW has because they copied their LFD tool.

You all wonder why MMOs are losing their flavor with gamers, because there is hardly any reasons to socialize in them anymore. All of it has been replaced by automated grouping that has very little requirements to use. This is great from a game play stand point, but it KILLS socialization.

People are playing other genres because those games require you to socialize. I made more friends in OW the last 3 years than I did in WoW the last 8-9 years. WoW is a boring game to me, the developers neutered it trying to chase people exactly like yourself that only runs LFR 1 time then just slobbers on their keyboard doing World Quests and pet battles.

Meanwhile you’ll believe any bad rumor about Blizz, no matter how far-fetched.

I don’t think the current expansion is “awesome”, but that data leak was clearly nonsense.

1 Like

In my however many dadgum years I’ve been playing at this point, I have never seen someone booted for asking for help. BG’s have had toxic attitudes in chat for years at this point.

And yes, people do talk in LFG/LFR. And it’s almost never negative Nancy stuff either.

You’re exaggerating and you know it.

You have your option: go to Classic and leave the live game alone.

3 Likes

Hit the nail on the head sir. I’ve played since a week after BC launch and have said this same thing for YEARS. What made WoW originally magical was the social aspect and how the world felt. Modern WoW has not even a glimer of how the world felt, and just a slight sliver of the social aspect left.

1 Like

What is wrong with LFG, LRF, and so on?
Answer: Absolutely nothing.

The real problem is people. If people do not want to talk, then they will not talk. Then there are people that talk. I talk when some speaks up or people do not know what to do. I was in a raid once and the people asked, “does anyone know this fight?” I spoke up and said how to do it. It was the latest raid, the last boss. We wiped once, then I further explained because they did not go right ahead and start the fight after the wipe. We beat the raid.

If you are complaining about people not talking, then that is a people problem. It is not the tool, but the user that uses the tool. Besides I have not had a problem with negativity in LFG or LFR, only in rare cases.

2 Likes

In fact Magic, i am going to quote myself from something I just said elsewhere on these forums:

2 Likes

You are 100% correct.

This is exactly what happens when you pander to the low skill, low effort, snowflake gamer who wants everything without earning anything.

The original game relied on people trying hard, forming friends, communities, and uniting for a common cause. This strengthened bonds, provided rewards for effort, and flipped those work/reward gratification switches in all worthwhile people’s brains.

Enjoy murdering the game with that change.

SMH it’s 2019 and people are arguing against technological development.

3 Likes

I agree with everything that you’ve said minus the “It has to go” part. Mainly because I believe we’re too far deep in the rabbit hole. We can’t tell whether we’re going up or down because we’re completely submerged in darkness. But for the most part outside of Mythic raiding, guilds and server community does not matter.

It’s pretty much a single player experience in an MMO which is completely backwards.

So single-player you have to deal and chat with people to get into groups, and so single player that you have to work with said people to do the content.

For only Mythic + and Mythic Raiding.

I see you’ve never actually done Heroic raids and M+ if you think communication isn’t required.

Or perhaps the guild/players you’re with are so skilled they don’t need to waste energy communicating on stuff they already know how to deal with.

The armory is a crazy thing…

I wouldn’t call clearing 10s to be skilled. Also Heroic raids aren’t hard and can be pugged to clear so a guild is not required.

Then perhaps there should be different difficulty levels so all walks of players can enjoy the game? Sorry your special club isn’t so ‘special’ anymore. You’re the type of guy that gets pissed at Little League Tournaments.

3 Likes

I’d settle for CRZ being destroyed. If Blizz really wanted to woo me, they’d also get rid of the idiot who thought it was a good idea.

1 Like

Why would I get upset at Little League? Because they’re kids? That makes no sense dude. Right now BFA does not do anything support communities. Instead it tries to simulate communities with things like CRZ, phasing, and again thing like the Group Finder. The expansion is currently built for players that only have 1-2 hours per week to play.

That’s far from the community I came to know when I started back in Wrath.

You mean the same LFD that was introduced in WotLK?

Have you considered that you’re burned out, and that you’re grasping at straws to avoid admitting the problem?

1 Like

/disagree

Good news for you, though… if you want a version of WoW that fits with your vision, it’s coming in August.

2 Likes

LFD was the start that began to put things in a downward spiral. The implementation of LFD was not the problem. But it was them taking it way too far with all the systems they’ve added.

And no it’s not burnout. To state that it would be burnout would mean that the game would have had to remain exactly the same. It has drastically changed since Wrath.

Classic isn’t too far off. I’ll be much happier playing that instead of this expansion.