Grobbulus Mass DC

The funny thing is, those people won’t be playing in a month anyway.

1 Like

Started at 7000 now at 5000. At this rate I might login in like 3 hours.

I want to figuratively ring Bliz’s neck. You were not prepared, bliz!!!

1 Like

my bad, not open just yet. they are opening one very soon. its in the stickies

Just need another continent to crash

Were you logged in from launch?

They’re allegedly launching an East Coast RP-PVP server in a few minutes, that should help cut the queue for Grob in half if not more.

I’ll be keeping my names on Grob, but I like the sound of Deviate Delight more, so you won’t have to worry about me clogging up your queue once that opens.

All that Closed Beta Testing proved to help streamers only, great job.

i was logged in ~30 min before launch. it just looks like it is plopping people into the front of the queue, as if its reserving their spot when they DC and such. as it should have for the mass DC

Awesome great to here, was only level 5 and I’m on the East Coast.

I dont appreciate that system at all. Dropping people randomly so others can get in is like a death timer on our characters.

Same I was logged into character screen pre-launch. I’m convinced they were seeing mass un-subscribes from players waiting in 2hour queues so they decided to boot high play time players. Funny that no streamers have had this issue…

lol people weren’t unsubbing

I was at the character select screen prior to 3pm pst, got dc’d Tried to login, about 5k or so in the queue, got in 3 hours later on the dot almost, played 20-30 minutes got to lvl 3, DC’d and hurriedly rushed to log back in, was about 9k in the queue… the whole time blizz mocking me with a 15-40 minute wait time, gonna be about 4-5 hours now. They’re rotating people’s connections I’m pretty sure, so everyone gets a little turn… Blizz just cares about saving money and making money, just wish a gaming company could come forward for once and not sell out. I remember Verant with Everquest, was all good times til money became the priority, but at least they did what they HAD to do to keep things going, blizz just belongs to the wrong people now

occams razor. probably just an accidental DC specific to the machine running grob EK. its not affecting streamers since they dont play on grob

Are other servers having this issue? grobb was basically the least populated original server. I just dont see how rotating connections specifically to one continent on grobb makes any sense, vs, dcing players on the big servers etc.

Its not affecting streamers cus Bliz made sure it wouldn’t.

I got DC’d while bragging about getting the first Arena Master in trade chat on my dwarf paladin.

Regardless if that is true or not, there isn’t anything we can do about it anymore. We just have to wait 2.5 - 3 hours which is how Long I was playing for. It’s like the first day is a “Demo” service at E3. You play for a little, you get back in line for a while, etc.

I got on the forums right after I got disconnected. I saw a lot of posts from other people on other servers as well as some Alliance from Grobb with the same issue. It was people saying things like “I was leading the pack at lvl 10 now i’m sitting in queue”. The only server I have not seen with this issue is the one all the streamers are on…