Griefing low lvl npcs CONSTANTLY

So, i am playing with my sister who just started playing the game and we are both lvl 6 at this point and there’s this person consistently killing a npc, I mean literally just sitting there killing her over and over. Of course, this is low lvl so no one here is going to be high lvl enough to kill the person. A lot of new people were coming and getting really lost. I talked them through how to report him because for VERY obvious reasons, they were all frustrated (and of course me and my sister reported him as well).
Later, when my sister got off I saw that he was STILL there (this is an hour or more later), so I got on my DH alt, flew all the way from Dalaran and killed the person constantly until he left.
Why isn’t WoW support doing anything about this? If I were new and I saw that a quest giver wasn’t there I would have been very frustrated having paid for a game and some high lvl alliance person constantly killing her before I could get my quest turned in. This shouldn’t be allowed with lower lvl npcs. It’s very frustrating for me, and I’m not even new. If you’re going to allow npcs to be killed at all, it needs to be high lvl npcs so people can at least kill them. Very frustrated. People that grief npcs, especially low lvl npcs, ruin the entire game.

2 Likes

Because there’s nothing for them to do. They’d have to be disrupting the zone for days, maybe weeks, for someone to step in. Not hours.

The NPC is flagged killable, so they aren’t technically doing anything wrong. Tasteless, sure. But they aren’t breaking the rules.

9 Likes

They aren’t because this isn’t violating any policies. This is part of the game, World PvP, from the beginning. They want the players to call for help from their faction and high level players to actually answer and defend the zone.

4 Likes

If an NPC can be attacked, Oiaa, a player is generally allowed to attack them. Our Support staff would only intervene in that rarest of situations. Sorry.

I know it can be a bit frustrating, but please watch the language. I’ve edited it out this time around.

7 Likes

and how’s that working out?

Then… should quest NPCs not be attackable/killable when warmode is off?

It’s like the old PVE vs PVP server rules.

With WM off, you’re like the old PVE servers.
You can choose to remain unflagged, but you can choose to manually flag yourself for PVP or force-flag should you participate in PVP activities such as attacking or entering opposite faction areas.

WM on is like the old PVP servers, once you leave safe areas you’re fair game for the opposite faction to attack, in addition to things possible on PVE servers while flagged such as attacking NPCs.

I’d just switch alts for a bit and see if he leaves in a bit. Otherwise you could grab a high level and try to handle him yourself.
Not much else you can do I’m afraid.

3 Likes

At this point in time you can still PvP flag and fight with warmode off, Warmode is simply a bonus buff that allows for a rewards boost system.

If you would like it to work differently though, I would submit a suggestion via the in game help menu, as that would help the developers to make the game better.

6 Likes

Sounds like it is working pretty well, since the OP actually got on a higher level character and went and took care of the problem. Looks like it worked exactly as it should be.

5 Likes

Not too long ago you could call upon your guild mates and have them come in for a surprise attack but guilds are becoming less and less these days due to unlikable changes being made to the game has caused many players to quit; I just wish we could turn back the time and have the fun guilds we once did where everyone worked together as a team.

3 Likes

Turning back the game to what it was years ago is not going to fill out the guilds again. People have changed over the years. Their lives have changed. As well, you don’t know why anyone has quit. People come and go from the game all the time. “Everyone is quitting because of ______” is the same lame excuse everyone uses to support their opinion. That makes it a worthless argument.

7 Likes

There are MANY unlikeable changes that are causing players to quit, Guilds that were once full are now empty, Friends on social lists have gone grey, This is not opinion but fact. People are quitting the game due to not being happy with the way the game is going. Just read the MASSIVE thread “XP FROM DUNGEONS” with over 4.6 k responses that was started by a “BLUE” acknowledging their so called dungeon “BUG”; It was no bug as people had been power leveling for 13+ years and suddenly it was nerfed; A worthless argument, Ha!

1 Like

Your gonna wanna post this over in general discussion no devs come here.

2 Likes

I was replying to the post above me.

It was changed, yes, to prevent extremely high level characters from massacring a dungeon with lower level characters just sitting off to the side soaking up experience.

The bug, was that with scaling there were conditions that weren’t awarding the proper experience.

3 Likes

That may be the case, but it’s not related to the original topic of the thread.

It’s better suited as its own discussion in General Discussion or adding it to an existing one there.

3 Likes