Great news from Blizzard!

This is assuming that all “old white guys” are the same and all 30 something year old Asian women are the same. They think the same. Their back grounds are all the same. But that’s not the case. No group is a monolith. This is part of the problem with our race/sex/gender/ethnic obsessed culture.

9 Likes

You can’t ask that. I remember reading someone saying that last year and they pounced on him for unknown reasons.

1 Like

I’m not afraid of some LFR forum plebs.

Nor am I afraid of the redditors they hire to maintain these boards. I’ve said nothing against CoC, not that that’s stopped them before, but hey.

3 Likes

are these the people who keep on going on strike every time there is a layoff?

It’s not though. It’s been proven that this is a false statement.

Let’s say we rank each individual person based on their qualification and merit out of 10.

Let’s say we have 10 people, and they are all the same race, gender, etc. They are also all perfect in terms of qualification and merit.

Then you have a diverse group of people, who are still pretty qualified, but not quite as qualified as the un-diverse group. Let’s say everyone here is 8’s and 9’s with a few 10’s.

Pure capitalism says you hire the diverse group, because different cultures have different methods of problem solving and you could potentially be missing huge opportunities by only attacking situations with 1 way of thinking.

2 Likes

not recently in Canada - the government makes sounds every so often but I have never seen this kind of fuss being made over private companies.

Canada you wouldn’t get anywhere near the financial rewards for filing discrimination claims, there is huge incentive to sue companies in the US because you get millions. In Canada, you would be lucky to get 10-100k.

1 Like

I just told you we all handle ourselves in very different ways from each other. Handling ones business, life, everyday affairs = problem solving all day every day. :man_shrugging: I can see we think differently so i will leave it at that. Take care.

4 Likes

Who cares if women are not that intreseted in ceryltain feilds, why are people (not you) trying to force people to go into feilds they are not interested in, let people choose where they want to work, if i had a business i would care if all my employees are ine gender, race or creed as long as they have all the best skills and education for the job

2 Likes

Rightfully so…

That’s what happens when you have human scum on your dev team, without proper management. And some blatantly just ignoring the situation entirely, which could be considered even worse in some regards.

Dude PR releases are always BS especially after improper workplace behavior scandals.

You can absolutely have diversity within a set of old white men, you are correct.

1 group of old white men could have all been from the same hometown, went to the same schools, had the same teachers, chased the same girls, and experienced the same local issues.

Another group of old white men could include people from Sweden, Alabama, Canada, Russia, England, and New York. This group would have many of the same advantages that any other diverse group would get to enjoy.

Now, if you can’t find a Swedish or Russian old guy, and all you can get is a Columbian girl instead…same basic principle.

The freefall and backlash came before anything was verified. People reacted with emotion, which is just fantastic.

Also, they’re human. They’re still people. Some of the allegations were kind of tepid, while some quite a bit worse.

No, it’s different, but not worse. Also, Blizzard were cooperating with the investigation I believe.

Ok, ok. If Thor says so I have to believe! :cloud_with_lightning:

1 Like

Because certain people are playing games with numbers to suit a specific agenda.

One’s sex and skin tone should be irrelevant for probably 90% of jobs.

I would be waiting for the results in 2022 then.

If all you employee are 10 in qualifications and merit you will have the best product possible putting less qualified people in will start comprimising the product

2 Likes

Why do you think they would put out a pr release on who is x race or gender?
Other than to show we arent a sexist/racist misogynist company. :man_facepalming:
Who else would care if they had 5 black people or 1 ?

the problem is, between a choice of an equally qualified white man and a white woman, the man is 90% chosen.
same between black and white ect

Yeah, I fundamentally disagree with your mentality of the situation. In current year, and from what we know… I am not giving Blizzard any lenience on this because from the sounds of things, it has been happening for YEARS. :nauseated_face:

They tried to shred documents to hinder the investigation, an employee committed suicide ffs!

No, no…

Anyways, have a nice day.

1.) It depends on the product. If the job is something mundane like picking apples or working on an assembly line where there isn’t really any room left for optimization and all you need is someone to perform 1 basic task repeatedly without making any mistakes, you are correct, perfect 10s across the board would be better in this situation.

2.) If the position in question involves any sort of complex problem solving, diversity is going to give your company a huge advantage, and hiring 8s and 9s that are more diverse is going to net you more profits because your company will inevitably be more efficient.

If you can’t comprehend this premise, you might be a 2 or a 3 in terms of intelligence lol.

Edit: To put it in WoW terms, building a diverse company is like building a good raid comp. Sure maybe mages do the most damage, but you can’t have a raid team of 20 mages, you need other classes that bring other things to the table. Maybe your Demon Hunter gives your mage a +5% magic damage buff, and maybe a diverse hire at your company shows you a new way to manufacture something and you save 5% on production costs.