Great news from Blizzard!

It’s nice to see women and under-represented groups getting more opportunitie.s

10 Likes

If I’m reading these numbers correctly they don’t seem that bad compared to industry.

5 Likes

It would be nice if it was sincere.
Unfortunately it’s not.
This is the lowest form of forced pandering

23 Likes

Do other countries care about this crap as much as we do in America? I’m genuinely curious.

97 Likes

Diversity is great and all but I’d rather hear about Blizzard improving the game, not their public image. Oh, and to ensure that the people they do have working there are decent human beings but at this rate that sounds like too much to ask for.

48 Likes

Honestly I hope not. I’ve long since believed that someone should be hired purely by their qualifications and work ethics, not their race, gender or creed. To pick one person over another just to fill a diversity ratio is its own kind of racism.

91 Likes

This actually isn’t good enough for diversity.

3 Likes

What would be enough for diversity?

75% ?
80% ?
95% ?

3 Likes

If I had to guess… neither are you. :man_shrugging:

j/k I have no idea.

A proper amount of representation at all levels. There’s different amounts of representation at all various levels of the company. All teams should be diverse.

1 Like

Corporate diversity is not diversity.

Anyways.

I’d love to see how Blizzard are going to sell themselves to women after cubicle crawls and such came to light.

8 Likes

Good paying jobs. /thread

EDIT: ok… maybe not /thread, but the answer to your question. :slight_smile:

First they’d have to offer that to their existing employees.

6 Likes

Ooooh we chose violence today, gents! :smiling_imp:

Although, what is insufficient to some will pay others bills.

Will it make a better game though? Check marks do not inherently make a better product

25 Likes

As a female… I just want the best person for the job hired. This game does not need people just to make people feel warm and fuzzy. If that is a female great. IF that is not… Great.

55 Likes

Most companies, especially the overly corporate aren’t, so that’s not really new, is it?

True… it would be nice to see (I know its impossible) the qualifications of those hired vs those turned down.

PSA- I am in no way saying that any minority/majority or gender/genderless person of any color , religion or creed is inherently more or less qualified to do any job they have set their mind to and trained for.

1 Like

And a less diverse team leads to Cosby suite issues, the Kalimdor book, and harrassment issues. So yeah, I say let us a have a more diverses team and see what happens.

2 Likes