Got Twitch DMCA for playing WoW in game music?

I don’t believe you that this is happening, but all I can recommend is pivot to Youtube for a better chance at a media career.

The algorithm functions for streams so you will be promoted naturally by relevance of topic instead of by viewercount like on twitch.

Most importantly though, no absurd rules or sjw councils.

With gaming at least haha…

It’s actually super common and it’s going to be hilarious watching streamers get DCMA’d left and right because most companies lose the rights to in-game music after 6 to 10 years on average depending on the length of contract they sign with the composer and whether or not the company renews the contact or they lose the rights and anyone with old VODS or still streaming with that music gets got.

Also most video game producers that do have contracts have added the price of selling it to us in the game price BUT those customers do not have rights to then stream and distribute that same soundtrack on their streams hence why it’s only just beginning and companies are going to be going HARD at streamers in the next year or so over this should be hilarious to see.

If its “super common” to get a legal notice while streaming a video game with audio on twitch, no one would use the platform.

I think a few things are being misunderstood here, first one being what a “DCMA” is.

I have seen people say their vods get muted, but that’s the worst thing I have heard about up to now.

All I know is I have millions of hours of watch time on Youtube and never even got a single thirdparty strike for anything in-game related, other than a cutscene or two along the way.

....which brings us to our sponsor, NordVPN!

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

1 Like

So YouTube is much further ahead than say twitch etc…and the reason you don’t see it on YouTube is because they have systems in place so that once a DCMA is flagged against someone the algorithm detects it and changes the description to show the original artist’s name etc…and all profits from that video that got striked go to the original owner and it ends.

On Twitch however they are extremely far behind in the times and currently have a terrible system in place which is why many streamers have been deleting years and years of VODS because it has become a huge issue in the past month with tons of streamers getting banned for it.

Really? I always hear youtubers talk about how Twitch is more reliable income. Youtube ad revenue is apparently inconsistent and just not very good to begin with.

Explain this where Soda got dmca messaged by a bot https://www.twitch.tv/sodapoppin/clip/FitCovertJuiceLitFam so makes me wonder

I’d be a streamer (I play frequently enough, goodness knows) but, unfortunately, I happen to be incurably boring.

1 Like

Twitch has more SOURCES of income, but they treat their new streamers like absolute dirt.
Money really doesn’t matter to most people, but ya if you are streaming to 1k people you’d get more money on Twitch.

Me personally, I would PAY money to not have to interact with the childish stuff that goes on there.

Adding to this if you have around 500 concurrent viewers then you will make enough money to start streaming full time for anyone who was interested, 1000 concurrent viewers and you’re in the top 1% of streamers to help put things into perspective.

I used the US because according to our news, America’s covid situation is all over the place. It’s either completely out of control or being managed to a degree. Australia has mostly got it under control and NSW, where I live, would have had it pretty much controlled months ago had out stupid premier not allowed a boat full of clearly covid infected people to dock in Sydney. That’s where our big outbreak came from.

The big problem with Twitch and all the other platforms… is that if you do not own the platform, you do not own a business. You are simply share cropping for someone else.

Twitch, youtube, twitter, and social media can deplatform you at any time for whatever reason they choose to give or not give.

I don’t monetize anything.

I also only use stuff from NCS… but it’s still BS. Dance routine would be considered transformative work.

Don’t forget Beat Saber …

Haven’t heard of them. Hm…

Blizzard did not pay a broadcast license for the SOUND EFFECTS and MUSIC THEY used. How is that hard to understand?? You are not entitled to broadcast other peoples music unless you have the license or blizzard has the license.

1 Like

This sucks though

Actually, it’s true.

Somebody got a DMCA strike because of the wind sound effects in Durotar because those are owned by some Hollywood record label.

I wish I was kidding, but I am not. The WIND has been copyrighted.

1 Like

Yeah, Twitch is already bad enough without both the music industry and Activision attempting to ruin it.

He’s blaming blizzard not the third-party that falsely claimed him.