Got Twitch DMCA for playing WoW in game music?

Seems like your beef is with the government, not blizz. :wink:

Well hopefully this get sorted soon cause soon we wont able to play sounds on stream for anyone

It’s happening on youtube too. There’s been quite a few threads here about it and on reddit.

Some unauthorized bot is claiming Blizzard’s sounds as their own. People need to appeal it to twitch/youtube and get those bots dealt with.

Blizzard allows the use of their sounds and visuals in videos, provided you don’t charge a fee to view your content.

Music has always been an issue for people streaming or even small indie music channels on youtube. Big labels like to try to claim something on the basis that they used a similar rhythm or tune even if it’s just once in the song. It’s a big issue.

Can’t really say this anymore. As far as legality is concerned partnered Twitch Streamers are Amazon employees. Contracts and all.

Ah okay, so not actually coming from Blizzard. That makes a lot more sense haha

Why are you guys stomping on the mans dream? Let the man pursue his passion if this is what he truly wants to become.

No good effort is ever wasted

Holy !@#$ a MVP said SJW councils? Did he go rouge?

I have some very strong opinions against Twitch both as a company and a platform.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Twitch has gotten a whole lot worse about being able to play music on your stream lately. Worse than YouTube got with copyright strike issues. AFAIK it boils down to the process being mostly automated and it being easier to bend over to whoever says “take that down” than it would be to try and fight it for a bunch of no-name streamers who are probably /technically/ in the wrong anyway, despite it being a norm.

I’d think in-game music would be a different story, but they may not care enough to differentiate if it got picked up by whatever bot.

is twitch to blame here or the ones sending dmcas?

just curious

Twitch for a long time as a platform has been non-compliant about dmca. Problem is Twitch / Amazon have very Deep Pockets and many companies see that as an opportunity to skim off the top.

So twitch was forced to implement a dmca system problem is they did it in the most terrible way possible with no recourse to any actions.

Both.

The ones sending DMCA are doing them without authorization from the copyright holder, when their video policy explicitly gives permission for people to use them.

Twitch should not be automating something that can result in someone’s account being banned.

So Blizz and twitch need to track down those bots and report them

You can always hear the music in Hazel’s streams and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t get DMCAs from it.

I’ve seen some ludicrous Twitch DMCA actions in the past week though, whatever algorithm is doing it is deeply, deeply flawed.

I mean, someone got a DMCA for playing Phasmophobia, because whispering to the ghost was ‘too similar’ to some guy’s ASMR music.

On youtube? Are you kidding Mike from Preach Gaming literally got his entire channel demonitized because he uses Manchester cuss words and vulgarities (not even the strong kind).

You’re allowed that still on Twitch.

This all just goes to show that copyright law has gone out of control and is giving unnecessary and unfair power to multi-billion companies who know they can abuse the law for even more monetary gain.

Copyright has no longer become about protecting the rights of creators but rather about empowering multi-nationals to make even larger profit margins.

It’s frankly outrageous and your new government should be petitioned or taken to court to change this nonsense.

It’s far too abusive and it’s used to take advantage of people rather then protect creators.

If you say so.
This is not my experience at all.
I break all kinds of rules mildly, and never have an issue.

Well to be honest, nobody understood how to Youtube demonitization wave worked or why exactly people were demonitized for, mainly because YouTube didn’t provide content creators with any recourse for being demonitized.

Mine is an assumption, and it is because YouTube is so terrible at relying information as to why things happen on their own platform.