Got An Email About My Game Time

I am wondering why I am getting an email that basically said I need to subscribe to play WoW when I prepay my game time? I have over a month of prepaid game time left. Is Blizzard getting rid of the prepaid game time option? I am curious because the email was pretty heavy in hints that I needed a subscription.

No, I can’t imagine that they would ever do so. I think that these go out to ensure that you know you’re running out of paid game time. More as a reminder than anything else :wink:

3 Likes

Of course not. The system likely sent the email because it detected that your current month of game time is about to run out. It likely isn’t looking at the second month of game time pending on the account and as Perl mentioned was sending you the email as a reminder just in case.

3 Likes

@Vrakthris I received a similar email today, which has never happened. I prepay my 6 month subscription by Paypal automatically and have not had any problems for 10 years. My subscription should never run out, since I am nowhere near my credit limit. They give you no warning. My current sub expired today and that is when I was notified. I have not tried to fix it yet, because I’d like to think this was an internal error of some kind that perhaps Blizz could fix?

Also, I have multiple payment methods saved. No charge was made to ANY of them. It seems that the normal process has been interrupted somehow. Bad timing with prepatch dropping in only a few days! I’m wary of starting a new subscription, in case it suddenly gets fixed and I end up with a double charge.

The entire reason I opted for PayPal in the first place was so I’d never have to worry about updating expiration dates. :roll_eyes:

You can have the wallet set up, but it only charges a sub to the one you set up a sub to. Setting up a new subscription using a card you set in your wallet is actually the way to go if you want to continue being billed.

1 Like

Yes, I understand that. It was originally set up with my PayPal account and was NEVER changed. I don’t understand how I can play for so many years uninterrupted and then suddenly it decides it won’t renew. PayPal doesn’t ‘expire’ like a credit card, thus there should be no maintenance on my part to keep my sub going once it is set up.

Did you check to see what payment method paypal is currently set to bill? For verified purchases such as Blizzard makes, it usually requires a set credit card.

2 Likes

Yes, it still shows the default method to be PayPal. I have changed nothing in 10-11 years that I have played. Unless they changed something, there is no reason for this not to have gone through.

As Kozzae said, even with paypal, you need a form of payment attach to it to use it. Like linking your bank or card.

1 Like

I am aware of how it works. It has worked flawlessly for 10+ years. Why is no one reading that part? Yes, it is attached to my checking account, but it also doubles as a line of credit. Please take my word that I’m not an idiot…I’ve had recurring sub since WoLK. It shouldn’t just randomly stop working. And yes, before someone asks, my checking account has plenty of $$ in it.

Ok, but for paypal purchases it also needs to be verified.

To use PayPal in the Blizzard Shop, your PayPal account must be verified and must have a valid credit card or bank account associated to it.

If you have trouble verifying your PayPal account contact PayPal Customer Support.

If you don’t have a valid credit card or bank account to link to your PayPal, please choose another of our Accepted Payment Methods.

Please check your paypal account to make sure that the credit card you attached to it is also up to date.

No one is even thinking you don’t understand, we simply are trying to help you trouble shoot, since I can’t see what is going on with your purchases.

As an additional step, just to make sure. When does your account expire, and did you check to see if any recent purchases went through the purchase system. https://account.blizzard.com/transactions

2 Likes

My current 6 month sub literally expired this morning. I’d attach a screenshot of how it’s been set up, but I can’t seem to do that. It’s definitely a verified account. It is set to use my PP line of credit first, which has about $5k available, and then uses my checking account as a backup for that. Since the line of credit is directly from PayPal, it does not expire. Nor does my checking account, of course :wink:

https://i.imgur.com/evi5Pz3.png

For the first five years, I paid monthly recurring, and in 2014 I changed to 6 month recurring.

I don’t know if you read this part. Not sure if it makes a difference. He may just need to chat with someone in Billing. Use this link. The live chat service is occasionally available, but I don’t think it has a set schedule.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/167/ticket

Plan your vote.

1 Like

Thanks Dupree…chat wasn’t available but I submitted a ticket. Hopefully they can get to it before prepatch. As a last resort, I know can authorize a new sub, but I’d rather not. I’m sure it would come back to bite me in the butt when whatever went wrong catches up with itself.

1 Like

Kozzae doesn’t work for Blizzard, they can’t see what’s happening to their account as they’re just players like you or I.

1 Like

I believe that the poster is aware, though Cheilynn may not be,

I am aware of that. Kozzea told the poster to check the credit card tied to the Paypal account. But the poster clearly stated that he has a checking account tied to the Paypal account, not a credit card. Maybe Kozzea just didn’t read the whole post.

Wash your hands.

I did read the whole post, but it wasn’t until I got to the support page that I realized there was a change in “Verified” in the support page, it used to be solely credit card, not cc or bank account, so my info is a bit behind apparently.

The purchase though could theoretically still be processing though, Paypal being kind of slow in processing the payments. Their image even shows that it should be billing day today. A 6 month payment that was set up 6 months ago after all.

2 Likes