Got An Email About My Game Time

It was set up 6 years ago, not months, lol…I use PP for a lot of gaming stuff, not just WoW, and it typically posts same day. And besides, the charge gets initiated by Blizz. PayPal doesn’t do anything till Blizz sends the request, which should be automated.

Yes, but the last payment date was 4/10/2020, the date I was referring to.

Since it was 6 months of game time, purchased 6 months ago, today would be your billing date, correct?

1 Like

I think we’ve seen things like this related to the sl pre-purchase that included game time. That has thrown off the normal timing of renewals, and as a 1 month, might (if you purchased it) be behind all of this.

2 Likes

Yes, today would be my billing date, but the whole idea of recurring billing is that Blizz submits the request in time to have it post before it expires.

I purchased SL on Jan 15th, which pushed my auto renew to April and October. It was previously in Sept. Buying an expansion never screwed things up before, although anything is possible (thank you 2020!).

Um… ok I guess. I mean the guy specifically said his Paypal was tied to his checking account. :roll_eyes:

Are you actually unable to play? Or did you simply get a notification of the time being expired? Typically on the recurring payments, they will bill you on the renewal date, but will grant continued access to the game while the payment is verified, which usually takes about 24 hours.

Eat your vegetables.

Unable to play without reactivating with gold, etc.

I did just get an answer to my ticket. According to the GM, the purchase was rejected by PP without any info as to why. They recommended deleting the saved PayPal payment method and try to set it up again. And if it still doesn’t go through, I have to contact PP for an explanation.

I’ve seen issues in the past with Paypal rejecting Blizzard charges somewhat arbitrarily. I guess they see a lot of fraudulent charges coming from Blizzard due to account thefts. You might need to somehow let Paypal know that your Blizzard charges are legitimate. Odd that it would randomly happen for the first time in 10 years though. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’m guessing that’s what must have happened. Would have been nice if PP could have contacted me to check first, instead of randomly rejecting it. I was able to delete and start a new sub.

TY all for your input and see you in SL!

5 Likes