Got a Question in relations to the forums, well, actually General Discussion Forums

Kinda pointless argument going on between me and another poster, but I am trying to get confirmation on one thing.

Rate The Transmog threads, it seems to be an argument going on in between here and there, that it is or isn’t allowed on General Discussion forums, because there is already a forum sections for Transmogrification. Now, I never knew there was those forums until it was mentioned in one of my threads, but getting my post reported (not that I care), and getting told Rate the Transmog threads are not allowed in General DIscussion by one poster. Can I get some clarification on this please?

Technically, you can post anything, any where but some forums are more relevant to a given topic than other forum. The Tmog forum is generally where people post “rate the tmog” threads.

The intent of the post also dictates what the best forum is. Posts providing feedback need to be posted in forums that the devs actively monitor - like General, the class forums, PvP forum, etc.

Player to player forums are not monitored by devs so feedback in things like the quest, new player, returning player, and this forum are not good places for game feedback.

Bug report forums are also not monitored by devs. They are monitored by QA staff who only respond if they have a question about what you are reporting.

At the end of the day, if a post is reported as being in an inappropriate forum, a forum service rep may move it but there is no penalty unless it’s a recurring thing done just to be obnoxious. At that point, it becomes trolling.

3 Likes

I think Nok put it fairly well. While the Transmog forum would probably be better suited for the topic, and the thread itself might be moved by the Moderation team if noticed, the General Discussion forum isn’t that far out. It is “General” Discussion after all, as long as it is about the game, the subject can fit.

Honestly, I’d be more concerned with any back and forth taking place within the thread that is discussing the proper placement of it. That can be highly disruptive to a thread. It is usually better to just report the argumentative post and don’t respond.

4 Likes