Goodbye friends

I can understand the frustration, but you could join a guild that isn’t hardcore progression if you wanted to raid.

Rogues may not be desired, but they can still do decent DPS to the point of more than getting the job done right now.

I must have misinterpreted what my parents meant then. I would just smash the kid in the face with a stick, stone, brick, or whatever was laying around. No more teasing after that.

2 Likes

Doesn’t that saying just mean get thicker skin and to not let words get to you? I think its aplicable to any age. Words shouldn’t hurt, they carry meaning of course but words of insult shouldn’t be taken seriously because that’s all they are, words.

Physical pain and mental/emotional pain are completely different, we’re in an age where people would rather call people names than to resort to violence which is good, I’d rather to have people call me something I didn’t like than to get into a fist fight with them.

2 Likes

But he has a Ford Probe with a really tall spoiler and a dirt bike!

2 Likes

You picked the right class for PvP, but so did everybody else.
The cream rises to the top. There’s only so many mages/priests to pair with when everyone wants to be the gladiator rogue.

Everyone else sits in trade chat “LF Mage for 2s or RMP!” and I don’t feel bad for them. Almost half the ladder is Undead, and its all rogues, mages and priests.

Hows the min max going?

1 Like

Words mean things. They convey concepts. Of course words hurt, and they should. And it’s not just kids it’s adults too. It’s not about “growing thicker skin” it’s about people treating each other with respect and being DECENT.

Grow a thicker skin - which means just shut up or else.

“A former Tyson Foods worker has filed a complaint saying that a manager repeatedly asked her for sex, and when she refused, he sexually assaulted her. Then, when she complained about the sexual harassment and assault, officials at Tyson retaliated against her and fired her, the lawsuit alleges.”

https://journalnow.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/lawsuit-wilkes-county-woman-was-fired-after-she-complained-a-tyson-foods-manager-harassed-and/article_4869fcdc-e65a-11eb-9f2c-7323e494fb86.html

Good for people who stand up to this BS. If you act like a pig you need to be called out on it - that’s the way society works.

All good. TBC never was, is and should be for everybody. Wish you luck in your next game choice.

If it isn’t universal, I doubt that’ll be implemented.

There again, I thought it was strange they did the care packages for Alliance, so…

I am just hoping for the day that I see Glinda and her dumb alt Notglinda quit. Only then will the forums have respite without this disease.

1 Like

Rogues are good in arena, you are just bad

1 Like

I mean sure take it to the most extreme example you can get doesn’t change the fact that words are words. But I’m talking strickly about words here, not words and actions, I’m also not talking about a work envrioment where the person who’s saying those things are the employee and a certain level of decorum is expected of them.

No it means that you shouldn’t break down and cry nor resort to what they’re doing/violence. it means to act like a responsable person, keep your cool, call the police if needed and handle the situation as best as you can.

Never has the meaning of “Grow a thicker skin” ever even closely resmbeled to “shut up or else” or else what? they’ll start throwing punches? If so then it’s no longer about words so my point still stands. Never did “grow a thicker skin” mean to be quite, all it means is to take what people say better and respond in kind.

First video, no charges happened, now im not saying what the man did was by any means good but it wasn’t a crime what he did.

Second video, can’t even be called verbal abuse barely anything was said and she was assaulted so it has nothing to do with “growing a thicker skin”.

Third video, is exactly what shouldv’e happened in the first, the man was immediately removed from the premisis as he should’ve been but again it’s just words, no actions.

Yeah, you’re right they need to be called out and the people who stand up to all that have done what? They’ve grown a thicker skin. I honestly don’t know what you’re trying to argue against but if it’s that the saying “Grow a thicker skin” is bad then you need to google what it means cause I think you’ve misunderstood the saying.

3 Likes

You don’t get to tell people how to feel when they’re degraded.

The whole “You shouldn’t be hurt by people” instead of “You shouldn’t hurt people” is absurd.

Or gotten fired, or hit, or sexually assaulted.

1 Like

From the time females are old enough to go out by themselves they know - put on sunglasses and ear buds, don’t look at anyone, don’t respond to anyone . . . and it gets old.

Imagine putting up with this at work all day every day.

2 Likes

There is no PvP for a lot of classes because of Arena is the endgame. I originally left this game in TBC for nearly a decade. The rift in directions and how broken the game was for certain classes was clear to me.

PVP and PVE don’t belong in the same game. They are two different games in the same game. They use different stats is the biggest, ‘hello, different game clue.’ What a big mistake for integrity of the PVE game that was created and drew people in.

PVP/PVE mixes jerks with people who want to explore, have fun, and meet people. This pretty much sums up what happens when you force inclusion from all sides.

You have to be one massively insecure person if you are an adult who walks through life perpetually offended by everything you hear and read.

That is the ultimate immaturity and that is your problem, not everyone else’s. The world is never going to tiptoe around anyone’s delicate, oversensitive feelings.

4 Likes

Must be imagining my wife doing all these dungeons and raids :thinking:

Name calling is inappropriate.

Please don’t.

Hope in one hand, poop in the other.

See which one gets full first.

I wish you well in the next part of your life sir. May you enjoy the freedom that comes after leaving a bad relationship.

1 Like

And you have to be one massive jackass to think everyone is obliged to give bad behavior a pass because of [insert whatever reason here]. For decades women and minorities have subjected to this BS. And they have worn their “thick skin” and remained silent. That changed nothing. And when they DID speak out they have been fired, assaulted, demeaned and told to stop being “offended.” As your comments show, that’s still going on.

People are sick of it. Telling people to “stop being offended” isn’t going to stop others from speaking out. That corner has been turned. Get used to it Boomer.

2 Likes