Good luck getting a new series GPU

Tbh its fine I have. 4k monitor and a 1070 ti and I dont lag much only if its 40man wpvp. Other than that its smooth.

Iā€™m still confused as to why anyone is upgrading right now. The prices are insane. I have a 1080ti and it can run everything at max for me. Maybe not the latest games but still chugs along. Iā€™ll get a 3080/90 in 6 months or so when the prices have stabilised.

this is me right now. i went way overboard in 2014-15, still using my 980SCā€™s in SLI. for what i do, nothings giving it a problem running my 2 35" 3440x1440 monitors. SL Beta isnt bogging me down or slowing me down either.

now what sucks, is my friend is building her first computer and been buying parts here and there for the last 2 months. i was HOPING we could be picking up the new stuff by nowā€¦ and since she cant just wait on a video card, this shortage is balls for her.

1 Like

Buying a 3090 just for games is insane. Card is for work first gaming second.

Well then maybe Iā€™ll get a 3080 :+1:

Welcome! Are you new?

I mean if you really want one go for it, but check out the benchmarks first.

I have. In either case the 30XX series is a big jump from a 1080ti.

Itā€™s always easy to avoid the scalpers when you donā€™t care about religiously consuming products as soon as theyā€™re released.

My gtx1660ti is still doing great, believe I will pass on any future gpu upgrades for awhile

Yeah Iā€™m just waiting on stock of RoG strix 3080 to come back in.

Iā€™m going to wait at least 3 months, there will be new cards released in the next few months including better value midrange cards.

1 Like

Never trust the first iteration of new tech.

You have no clue. Donā€™t spread misinformation. They arenā€™t faulty components. Some aftermarket GPU vendors were going with cheaper capacitors, for the power delivery circuitry, which results in more circuit noise and, in turn, signal degradation. This creates a limit as to how high the frequencies can be overclocked to. When that limit is reached and enough noise is reintroduced into the circuitry as EMI it causes the card to save itself and go into an error state.

If you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about then donā€™t even bother saying anything.

Edit to add link.

https://youtu.be/x6bUUEEe-X8

2 Likes

I agree with this to a point first gen folding phones and first gen Teslas are certainly a hard nope. On the other end of the scale products that have been made for a long time and had the bean counters come in and make them from cheaper parts.
You donā€™t make the same product for years and not work out how to build it cheaper.

I would never buy something like that from ebay

What you call the free market, we call economic anarchy.

I am not getting it in a wow forum either really.

This game isnā€™t pushing the limits of graphics tech really.

Now meā€¦I see this new stuff and Iā€™d go this could push my fallout 4 much better. With many graphics overhaul mods, to include 4 if not 8 K res options on mods.

And all this wrapped in the best ENB presets out there. Currently I use the ā€œlowestā€ quality presets for ENB. Better stuff does things to my 2018 gaming laptop. LIke even 30 FPS stable would be nice things lol. But it does take pretty screen shots.

edit: Iā€™d still not buy this anytime soon lol.

WoW thoughā€¦yeah. My most common weapons mog is a legacy sword (ginn-su). Its not exactly 2k or 4k res work there.

NOw if blizzard was saying in light of new cards we have been working on better retexā€™s on old stuff to look super prettyā€¦Iā€™d see this. Maybe.

Personally I will claim ignorance as to how to do this. BUt if Blizzard people could reach out to the ENB project peopleā€¦this could probably fix some visuals real fast. And people on that old, useless 2019 gear (sarcasm) get a nice upgrade. At a guess Iā€™d say theyā€™d dig landing a big fish like blizzard for an added game supported.

edit: had ENB as EMB, fixed that.

Isnā€™t the whole point of the 3080/3090 to be a 2080 at a lower price?
If youā€™re gonna pay that much might as well get a 2080.

Iā€™m pretty sure the 3090 is way better than the 2080. Seeing how much tech improves every year, its like comparing a Soviet car from the 1960s to a high end American luxury car from 2020.