Good luck getting a new series GPU

So… bulk buying of the 3000 series RTX for resale isn’t really an issue. I bought a GTX 1080ti when the RTX series was introduced and it is still performing great. I imagine some folks are still happy with their 970.

Never said you dodged anything? Sorry I don’t want to give some random forum user my location??? Quit being a weirdo you can leave me alone now.

Knew you were going to do it, thanks for activating my trap card.

Scalping of tickets is considered a special case because the likelihood of fake tickets being produced and sold for upmarked prices, and the tickets then not working at the gate. Scalping tickets do not provide a concrete good for the price purchase and are therefore classified as fraud.

1 Like

There’s legitimately something wrong with you

Yes because naming a country gives off your specific location. If you’re going to dodge, just admit it and we can all be done.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I said.

You didn’t need to, that’s literally what I said.

The 1080 struggles on 4K. 4K monitors are sub-500$ now.

Ray Tracing is coming in Shadowlands. There’s no way you’re running that on a 1080Ti.

Games are evolving, hardware is evolving, the Pascal architecture is passed its prime. My 1080 struggles on newer games, especially at 4K resolution. I’m waiting on AMD to announce their new stuff this week, and probably doing a full system upgrade with a 3070 (I’m kinda low on funds after spending a lot doing the backyard this summer).

Bro legit, you’re being weird. Putting you on ignore now.

Two things, if it hasn’t been mentioned:

1.) crazy high bids are people upset with scalpers who retract their bid, making it so the item doesn’t sell.

2.) nvidia is manually reviewing orders to ensure that botters don’t get them as much as possible.

1 Like

Not really, I wouldn’t normally go this into an online forum debate but since you wanted to spout off about law like you knew something I figured you were prepared to at least defend your nonsense with something to back it up. Since you certainly had no qualms all by implicitly implying that I"m some kind of horrible person simply for explaining the difference between a distasteful practice and something that is actually illegal.

So the sales aren’t going through then?

Raytracing does come with shadowlands, Except they use 1.2 of the DXR api and the 10 series doesn’t support that so it wont let you enable it to begin with.

Secondly, Not everyone is constantly buying new monitors the average person spends 3-4-5 years with the same display monitors are not a rapidly upgraded item so someone with a 1080ti is still going to be running a display from the era that card was sold in, And as for running 4k at 60 hz they will still be fine.

It might be possible. I heard SL is only doing shadows for this feature.

Fortnite has actual ray tracing, and my 2080 doesn’t run it on 1080p beyond 25FPS though :joy:

I disagree. Ray tracing will have minimal impact on Shadowlands. Ray tracing is a gimmick.

1 Like

On things that are like double the price, yes… but you can bid 10000000 on something, win the auction, and not pay, which then the seller has to offer to second highest bid or relist. Essentially it delays the sale

I dunno really, I just know that it is. As far as the law goes, it’s totally fine. There’s just the social cost where folks think you’re a scumbag for doing it, but that of course doesn’t stop 'em because there are still people buying the stuff!

But at the end of the day, like I said originally, this isn’t really stuff that you need to get through life in the same way you need things like food or clothing. The bit about tickets to sporting events definitely falls into the former category for me, but if that’s illegal too there’s probably a reason for it (I’m just guessing that it’s probably the organizations in charge of those events making it illegal).

It’s really not. Shadows and light are what make graphics look good. They take a lot of resources. A LOT. Like I said, I can’t run tracing on fortnite with a 2080 on 1080p above 25FPS, but the game looked so beautiful.

I thought ebay limits the amount you can bid if you’re not verified to prevent that from happening?

That’s what I said again.

My last monitor was a 4 year old Dell 2K, and it was ghosting like no tomorrow. It was done.

My 1080 is unable to maintain 60 fps in Doom Eternal at 4K (or the Shadowlands Beta for that matter).

I’m not sure all the details. Here is an article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/frustrated-gamers-are-battling-ebay-scalpers-with-fake-dollar50000-bids-and-rtx-3080-paper-editions/

Well it’s illegal because of the risk of fraud, you can reprint the tickets, copy them, etc.

I would think the same could be said with a GPU, they could be missing components, faulty, empty shells etc.

So its weird you guys have a law protecting 1 but not the other.

As long as they’re seen as scum thats at least something I guess.