Good Luck Fellow WoW players - Final nail for me

I have patiently waited for a fix for the DF client stutter issues introduced with prepatch. You have acknowledged the issue over a month and a half ago.

There has been zero communication since then…
I have been pretty hectic over the last few days because I knew this was going to be the final straw for me if it wasn’t fixed in this patch. There had been no reports or documented changes in the 10.0.5 patch notes for client side fixes. So I knew my chances were pretty slim.

No longer paying a sub fee for a game that prioritizes filler cosmetic content over a stable client. This has been the worst launch I have experience since WoD.

Exploits,
Bugs,
Long Downtimes,
Using beta for marketing purposes.
Yet again a unpolished, rushed expansion.

I’m sure I won’t be missed, flame away with hateful comments, that’s fine. I wanted to share why I am unsubbing and uninstalling today. Maybe Blizz will see this.

I do love this game, but i’m not beta testing a 4th expansion. Take your time and release it when it’s ready next time Blizzard, like you used to. This isn’t working out for you.

And to be honest, it’s kind of pathetic. You could at least communicate more. I will always be fond of the memories you helped provide for me though, thank you for that!

Edit: And on top of all that my UI profiles and talent builds reset also got deleted today too. A real cherry on top :revolving_hearts: :cherries: :cherry_blossom:

EDIT: holy crap came back to check on my thread and I see all the support for my thread. LOL

I thought It would just be buried and deleted. Thank you all.

140 Likes

I still have it too don’t seem to notice any improvements from this patch.

14 Likes

Waited to long. Issue after issue. I’m currently listening to a guildy complain about some new quest and how it’s bugged. And everyone is freaking out.

Sounds about right. Glad it won’t be me anymore.

12 Likes

I would agree that parts of this expansion have seemed rushed. It’s no surprise though, with how Christmas came up on them. They wanted those sales.

6 Likes

Why didn’t you actually test your problem on the PTR to see if it got fixed? It was up for weeks.

4 Likes
22 Likes

Same, it’s been a really big pain in the butt since pre-patch, I just think they don’t know how to fix it.

8 Likes

Oh nooo. Anyway.

45 Likes

I still have these issues too. I also have an issue where the game sometimes take several minutes to launch. They replied to me twice and came up with some BS like my Windows didn’t have the most recent update and then stopped replying completely.

20 Likes

This is a reason I can get behind for quitting. Not that you need my approval.

There was one expansion where I had the same horrible experience, that was Cataclysm. I can’t explain it. I’m a computer professional, always have top end gear. Things are working now and had always been fine before Cataclysm. But in Cataclysm, my system never worked stably. For a game that expects potato hardware it was an embarrassment.

Best of luck to you, and may your spare time be used well.

24 Likes

Game is playing like beta. Going on way to long I think I’m going to unsub too.

18 Likes

Always love that song on bagpipes

5 Likes

Games as a service, is dying.

5 Likes

i keep saying, stop putting more lipstick on the pig…
the old girl needs a complete/ground-up resto…
problem is…they’re cheap and greedy and they
know we’ll probably never leave her…so…
more lipstick!
activision/microsoft…gnaaa!..nightmares ensue!

19 Likes

need old team back stat…?!

6 Likes

I would agree this is a buggy rushed expansion. It is sad really, b/c the actual content is fun…at least for awhile.

However the technical side of things this game has been a buggy mess since the prepatch. They have fixed like zero bugs since then. It blows my mind…

21 Likes

What’s hard to understand?

Your cash =======> executive’s pockets

It’s corrupt. The money we pay for an expansion isn’t going where it’s supposed to.

8 Likes

Has the console line not fixed it all for you?

I don’t know if they addressed this yet but I know this line helped a lot during prepatch.

/console SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

4 Likes

Stutter? I don’t know what you are referring to. Really.

8 Likes

Nope. It did nothing in my case.

2 Likes