Massive stutters with DF client

Why would it when it’s the game itself, and not on the users end?

4 Likes

This isn’t just with Nvidia, highly doubt it “fixes” anything

4 Likes

That’s fair, and likely accurate.

More so, does it assist.

No clue, that’s for someone else to figure out and report, I don’t currently have a sub.

Patiently waiting to see if I will be a remaining subscriber to WoW after this patch.

Even uninstalled the old Nvidia driver for the new one dropped today “just in case”

There’s also new Nvidia reflex options in the graphics options. So who knows maybe it will be fixed

4 Likes

Not fixed, unsubbed

Take care all

10 Likes

I still have drops when flying into a new zone and the title of the new place appears, I haven’t tested yet if interaction with other players causes the drop when land beneath me or using certain spells, the problem is very consistent when changing zones, the texture pop in causes abrupt fps drops. I also had abrupt drops when enemy npc animations die and fall to the ground, I have to check if that is still a problem.

1 Like

patch fixed nothing for me.

6 Likes

What a shocker, Blizzard didn’t fix the stutters. Maybe in a year guys.

5 Likes

well, it’s working much better for me, I’ll keep testing.

1 Like

Blizzard (unsurprisingly) didn’t fix the stutters, or even improve them. They did, however, manage to introduce some all new bugs (eg; the way equipped weapons now show when LW tools are equipped) and broke a heap of addons with changes they made to their default UI code.

Great way to prioritise!

4 Likes

Or the default UI code could have had bugs and could be leading into things like increased CPU usage. UIs eat up a lot more resources in MMO style games than people think. So I’d actually take that as a sign that they are looking for angles to optimize the CPU bottlenecking.

It was actually changes to allow the micro menu bar and bag bars to be customised further. Again, not criticizing their desire to improve things but rather questioning their priority of minor feature additions over major bug fixes.

EDIT: Credit where credit is due, it does appear that the freeze upon login has been fixed. (still testing…)

1 Like

Flood them with tickets apparently.

5 Likes

Flooding them with Tickets is not the Answer , you will just get the same Reply. Have you seen the Amount of Posts and Threads on Technical Support? Regarding all aspects of support in need. You have to Remember this is an “annoyance” issue not a Game Breaking issue thus the inaction of Bliz.

6 Likes

Well, here you go. Sub has less than a month left, doubt this will make any difference but at least I have tried giving you everything I can.

https://pastebin.com/DQE6kRw0

24 hours left on sub, not paying for a 20 year old game that doesn’t have the bare minimum optimization. Fire the idiot thats responsible for the game’s performance, simple as that.

4 Likes

whats with the necro bumps? i came to look at see whats going after patch with stutter. was fine yesterday but this is from oct

Its not a necro, thats how long this has been going without a fix.

8 Likes

The topic hasn’t closed since October because not a month goes by it’s not filled with comments like “still happening”, so the consistent replies keep it open.

6 Likes