Gold Trading Learn from My Mistake

Welcome to human society

1 Like

There is some precedent although its exceedingly rare

1 Like

It sucks that you lost all of your gold, but why in the world would you do that much, no middle man, all one trade with a stranger? You were absolutely begging to be scammed. The other guy would have to be a complete idiot not to scam you in that scenario.

3 Likes

I bet you wish Classic had the WoW token now, huh?

3 Likes

This seems like something that should be filed under “if you’re gonna be dumb, you’ve gotta be tough.”

6 Likes

Bro you trade in chunks not the whole enchilada at once. Rookie mistake…

2 Likes

Wow tokens couldn’t save this man…

5 Likes

Not now, but if they were available in Classic we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

1 Like

You shoulda done a smaller transaction for maybe 100 dollars worth max. Losing 100 is whatever. 3k though ugh

2 Likes

Imagine going to this much effort to get TBC gold exchanged for retail gold. You could’ve earned more than enough money to play TBC but you chose an easy route and got what was coming to you.

3 Likes

how do you figure?

1 Like

There is an old tale about a man being a fool and how his money is always parted… if only I knew what it was…

2 Likes

Yea… In business I’m fond of the phrase “keep an honest man honest…” You trust… but you also establish controls and you verify. Its quite possible even someone with intentions that started out honest would be swayed by someone giving them 3k in untraceable money… I’m sorry but… that’s just a collosal blunder

2 Likes

Yea exactly… If you’re that reckless with that large a sum it was going to happen eventually, even if it was just an in-game trade…

1 Like

we need tokens so people don’t get tricked by thirdparty gold sellers; won’t someone think about the poor gold buyers!

or maybe they can just earn their gold legitimately??? am i missing something here i must be misrepresenting your actual opinion eh?

2 Likes

Good, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

3 Likes

There are also tales of people who are able to follow conversations and stay on topic.

1 Like

That word doesn’t mean what you think it means.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’d fill a ticket out saying you got hacked and they stole 32M of gold and gave it to somebody else.
They could easily check your toon and see whom it was given to, and even see if then he siphoned it off. They may find evidence he’s actually selling gold, for instance if he’s dispersing it to several different accounts etc.
You may not get it back, but they may suspend or ban his account and take the gold.

1 Like